BB&T Employee Reviews

great pay
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76018April 10, 2018
when i was in my undergrad i worked here and it was good for the amount of money i need to help pay for college. when i was leaving they made sure that i was taken care of.
great coworkers
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 10, 2018
I had a great time working there. I Knew the customers by name. I miss my coworkers a lot. The company just did not pay enough to make a living in my area.
Poor management and training
Branch Banker I (Former Employee) –  hanover paApril 9, 2018
It was ok to work there if you wanted a different shift every week. management leaves a lot to be desired as they are cluster managers whom are never around for their people or branches.
It is a great place to teach you he basics of banking
Branch Banker/ Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2018
I enjoy working for BB&T and they are a great bank that means every word of their mission statement. I also enjoy that have a Business Resource group dedicated to the LGBTA community.
Collections
Collection Specialist Rep I (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 9, 2018
Took in bound and out bound calls. Had a certain number you had to met each month on calls and where I never missed work and so many coworkers did their numbers was better than mine.
Fast paced and extremely short staffed no support
Teller (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 9, 2018
Working for this company you will find that there never seems to be any balance. Several occasions I would have to work behind the line as the only teller with customers lined up in and outside the building. Poor training.
Pros
Flexibile hours
Cons
Short staffed inconsistent
Fast pace and had to learn a lot in a short period.
ATM Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 8, 2018
Company offers great benefits. Great people to work with. Hours weren’t always great depending on the position. Managing styles were very different in all areas.
Relaxed and slow pace work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 8, 2018
Bb&t is a very traditional bank that values their guests , but I took the position to gain knowledge and experience in the banking world. I wanted to expand my skills and working here has definitely done so. Being able to understand the behind the scene Procedures in banking is lucrative skill and i intend to utilize my newly acquired skills in all future positions.
Pros
Free elite checking account, and amazing paid vacation and sick leave .
Cons
a lack of employee professionalism
Excellent place to work
SQL Server Production Database Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Wilson County, NCApril 8, 2018
Work is focused and can be difficult at times, but there is plenty of help. Managers stay out of your way unless you ask for help. Most employees have been there for 10-20 + years and have no complaints.
Pros
Relaxed environment, ability to learn a lot more in your field.
Cons
Policies aren't always provided to contractors so that can leave rope to hang yourself.
Good place to work; the people are awesome
Account Executive/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 7, 2018
I love my job at BB&T. The people I work with are wonderful. The job is very fast paced but rewarding at the same time. I have had the opportunity to work on very complicated accounts. The hardest and most important part of the job for me is marketing however it is the part of the job that I enjoy the most.

Want to know more about BB&T?

Ask a question
Benefits Administrator
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 6, 2018
Typical day was not stressful unless it was Open Enrollment. Loved my team and overall company. Only reason I left is because I had to relocate to Arizona, and working remote was not an option. Other than that I loved my job.
Great Place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 5, 2018
BB&T is a great place to work. The staff is friendly and helpful. The only gripe would be how raises are given. Other than that, great place! The staff and clients are nice for the most part.
No room for advancement
Retail Payments Exception Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCApril 5, 2018
No room for advancement, poor compensation, overworked, stressed, poor management, drama between employees, no recognizition, slackers, overwhelming, miserable
Process oriented company
Branch Banker IV (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2018
Company is narrow focused and unable to adapt to local market needs. They set goals that are not always relevant for particular branches at the retail level. Success is evaluated on the one dimension of loans.
Pros
Consistent culture
Cons
Doesn't accept variance in local markets.
Conservative
Executive Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 2, 2018
BB&T is a fair company with competitive pay and benefits. They have great training programs for new employees and will work with you to set goals and help you achieve them.
loved my job
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37401April 2, 2018
I would still be there if it would have had a full time opening at one location. I took deposits, did daily balancing and went from branch to branch to fill in empty slots.
Great job in the beginning
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCApril 2, 2018
The bank world can be stressful, because you are handling other peoples money and they get mad at you constantly. People hate having to show ID, do not believe they spend money and the bank somehow spends it for them. People are great to work with, but its a stressful job.
Worst place ever !!!
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 31, 2018
Management needs to be closely monitored !!!
It is more about personal agenda than betterment of the bank.
Stricter requirements needed for management roles in Facilities Management Group...mainly Data Centers.
Pros
Very Few !
Cons
Very Many !
Float teller 5+ years experience
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 29, 2018
I've been working with BB&T for over five years now. As a float teller, I have the opportunity to travel to many different branches across multiple clusters. It has been a great experience, as the position was able to accommodate my full-time university schedule. The management can be hit or miss sometimes, but that's the case anywhere. I have had zero issues with any employees, and that is saying a lot considering I've been to around 25 branches over the years. I would highly recommend working at BB&T.
bbt
Branch Banker III (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMarch 29, 2018
fair job fair pay. must be well versed in customer service and willing to learn new processes constantly. if you love people this is a great job. must be patient and willing to exercise authority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BB&T. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.