BBSI Employee Reviews

Hostile work atmosphere and poor management overall
Senior Business Partner (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 14, 2018
This company has no professional leadership, and promotes a hostile work environment. There is no consistency of policy or objectives. Would NOT recommend any position with this company.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else about the company.
Terrible place to work
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 10, 2018
We sell culture to business owners. We promise to help them become more profitable by improving their culture, yet our culture is the worst. The wage you are offered when you start is the wage you will make for the rest of your career at BBSI. They don’t pay for professional development. Their time off package is the worst I have seen in years. They are a publicly traded company, but cannot run consistently. It’s like the wild Wild West waiting for a major lawsuit. They promise business owners that we will help them be compliant, yet they are the worst. Employee files are managed differently, I9s aren’t compliant and are different at each branch, FMLA is inconsistent at every branch, time off practices are inconsistent as well. There are a lot more, but there’s not enough space. I would advise for anyone reading this to reconsider working here. I would also advise all business owners to do more research. How can you trust a company to come in and change your culture of its own culture is upside down?
Pros
Cons
Time off, recognition, no training, inconsistent practices and expectations
Company needs to be more proactive.
On-Call Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, OR 97420June 12, 2018
Not enough jobs available, especially temporary. It seems like there is a lack of those types of jobs in this area (Coos Bay/North Bend, OR). It also feels like Management is kind of lax in that area. What they need is a a person to concentrate on that possibility exclusively and try to work with companies to develop more on-going temp positions. The county public and mental health is registered with them and when the need arises they use temps. More companies need to be worked with more to show the advantages of temporary help. I don't think this has been a done enough.
Wonderful place wonderful people
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 10, 2018
I have nothing but glorious review for this place and their people. Everyone knows their job and are quite helpful and patient. People whom you don't even work with are also quite pleasant and professional.
Pros
break room, open door policy, paid holidays even for temps.
Overall Good Company
HRC (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 9, 2018
Overall it's a great company to work with. However, some teams are unbalanced, as some folks take advantage of the flexibility, rather than truly giving their all.
General Labor
General Labor Worker (Current Employee) –  Prosser, WAJune 6, 2018
The job with BBsI is very physical, there is lots of new things to learn and package finished product. Safely is very important because it it a fast paste environment with lots of forklift traffic.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Na
Unprofessional Management
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 3, 2018
when I was hired with BBSI I was not told that during the summer time they will do lay offs. This happens every yr due to slow business. It was very upsetting because I liked the work and my co workers. They said they would do call backs in md Sept. very unfair and unprofessional. There were knowledge lessons given and after each set you would take the test if passed you would get .25 to .50 cent raise. Well I took several and got nothing.
Pros
non
Cons
unprofessional management
Fun and interesting company to work for
On-site Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 22, 2018
BBSI has created an excellent reputation of their services they provide to many customers in California. Managers and supervisors are well trained in all aspects of Human Resources, Safety, employee training and coaching
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Couldn't count on continuous work
Compost Driver (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAMay 19, 2018
Not enough work sometimes, too much at others, often little notice given when requested to work.
Very difficult to pay rent when the work is so sporadic.
Pros
work available sometimes, paid on time
Cons
low pay and not dependable income
Competetive Race to employment stability ....fair people
Onsite Representative (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 4, 2018
I experienced the current of life's challenges through BBSI. I was given nothing more than I could handle, and often asked to assist based off my qualifications In multiple areas when able. I found the environment to be professional, the client base to be satisfied, and the overall experience to be one of a worth while experience.
Pros
Reimbursements and Paid Vacations
Cons
Job Security is not able to be offered.
Good temporary agency
Temporary Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 3, 2018
I only worked for this agency during a short term between full time jobs. The job I was assigned to was appreciated, but was the most boring job I have ever worked. I was the only person in the office and was given little or no work to do other than answer the phone. What I appreciate about this organization is that they were able to place me in a position quickly.
They were great
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 26, 2018
I learned alot...
Great hours...
Griendly co-workers...
Placements of job sites were easy to find...
Staff was helpful...
It simply love working for bbsi.
Pros
They keep us worker
Cons
It ended
fun place to work, overall good experience
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Prosser, WAApril 22, 2018
A typical day at work for BBSI was working at a warehouse with fun loving and caring people. I learned how to open barrels, dump juice, and sort. I also learned how to work as a team and communicate.
enjoyable work company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 21, 2018
BBSI wasted no time to interview, drug screen and background check me. Once that all came back a few days later, they had me in orientation with PCC and the rest was history
Pros
puts one to work quickly with good companies
Cons
no bonuses while temp agent
Fast paced not time for errors
Wet Prep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2018
from start to end non stop work with prepping ingredients for each recipe label making sure exact weight and company its going to getting them out in a timely manner to transfer it over to the kitchen where they start the cooking. There are people of many relations and cultures which is always nice to meet new and different people. My manager was great its and it would be a great pace to work at if they managed hr better. They were constantly hiring people knowing the the slow season was coming up or if they told the new hires that during the slow season you will be laid off for 1-2 months. Then will be called back to work again instead of surprising their employees.
Pros
constant work during the day and the overtime
Cons
lay offs lack of communication
Liked it
General worker (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMarch 31, 2018
I liked how it payed and with having general jobs especially different types. I worked at different payed which was nice and then different learning experience.
Fun and Friendly place to find what you look for
ACTIVE PICKER (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAMarch 28, 2018
i have to say this company never really gave me an issue to give them a bad review. they were also friendly and nice. if i needed something or had something i needed they would help. Really easy to find and get a job here.
fun
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMarch 27, 2018
good company for job placement. friendly and professional staff. very driven employieswith great work ethic. I would recommend bbsi to anyone looking for employment
Bbsi
temp assignment for Weber (Former Employee) –  RANCHO CUCAMONGA CAMarch 26, 2018
As a temp they found me a job fast but some of the organization was questionnable they assigend me but forgot I was there . When talking to account managers they terated me as if I didnt exist.
Pros
Fast job find
Cons
Poor management
Very robotic
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 21, 2018
It was a job with a check. Management was a nightmare.
I felt very mistreated as an employee as well as an human at times.
Very difficult to file complaints, or ever get ahold of Upper management or anyone in charge.
Pros
there is olenty of work.
Cons
Mangment