BBVA
4.2

BBVA Employee Reviews

United States1,630 reviews
Found 1,630 reviews matching the search
Overall, BBVA is a great place to work at depending on the type of management and/or managers within your department. Many opportunities for advancement exist due to its mentoring program and because BBVA is a global bank, location outside of the USA is also available. In addition, good work is noticed and at any moment you may be promoted from within.
This is a corporate business so expect the unexpected changes that can and will happen without notice. Loyalty only exist from the employee, not the employer.
Pros
Opportunities and Benefits
Cons
Open Platform
The Bank Manager was always helpful in my learning and helping the Branch Too succeed. There was always room for growth. The company is great with diversity. Good pay and benefits.
The only reason I left is because I moved out of state and there is not a BBVA in my area.
Pros
Pay, benefits, room to climb and succeed.
Cons
Can’t think of any.
Management picks on certain people and favors others. Its very hard to move up in the company unless your one of managements favorites because they do play favorites
If you like selling good place to work. If you have a good selling background, this is the place for you. Good medical and dental benefits along with 401k
Not sure how most of the managers even qualify for their positions. Banking is made up of sleezy people. The higher ups don’t understand what goes on at branches.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Under qualified people
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Most jobs pay well, however it is easier to make more by coming from another company. Internal advancement is slow and salary increases are very meager. Solid bonus structure and great vacation/ benefits more than make up for it though. Great company overall.
Pros
Initial Salary/Bonus/Benefits
Cons
Slow advancement and salary growth
They only care about meeting sales goals, all my efforts are going unnoticed by management.
The BRE is never at the branch, expects SSA & FSA to meet goals.
Management is really bad. The work is ok not hard at all its the management that makes the job awful. They have dead lines and I understand that but if someone is out and you have heavy work that day they expect you to multitask which is fine. But they do nothing to help and know that work is a deadline. Its unfair and they always talking about errors.
Buena experiencia, satisfacción laboral como estabilidad en la empresa
Falta organizacion laboral y limpieza, mejores estrategias para contingencias.
Fue una entrevista con mucha gente pero ahí es necesario demostrar tus aptitudes y demostrar que eres capaz para el
Procedimientos y gestiones administrativas que incrementaron y enriquecieron mis conocimientos, cumpliendo los objetivos trazados.
Well balanced company. The culture is pure South European. There is a mandatory to speak spanish, otherwise you will be substituted sooner than later. Very friendly.
Just a Job would not like to be there as a career. This company hires temps at low hourly pay and use them once the work is completed they let you go it’s hard to get hired on at a decent salary because they are still living in the Stone Age.
BBVA is really a great company. My only issue is working with the people at my location. My manager is rude and doesn’t allow me to try to advance my career. Other employees are rude. More upper management that’s not in my branch are all amazing! If I was at a different branch I would love working for BBVA because it really is the best.
Power battle between Retail and other Depts. Not a good place if you don't have thick skin and are afraid to speak up against any of leaderships wrongdoings.
I worked at this bank for nearly 20 years it has it pros and cons as a bank to spend your entire career and golden years at. The pro or excellent parts about being employed there is the pay and the training it is competitive with the other major banks in the United States. The down side of this bank is the micro management and no advancement unless you are in the correct clique or manager's favorite worker. This is from a person who spent 17 plus years in the same department and tried to get advanced and was told by manager that she wanted to keep me because I was such a good worker and took up the slack when others did not work and she would reluctantly let me go if another manager wanted me. I put in for various positions and was over looked over and over again while my co-workers were promoted in the department and also allowed to move on to another department with a better job and pay level. This bank plays games with promotion so beware new banker. Would I work for them again if I could ? Probably not even though they trained me well enough to work at another bank, but had to be terminated due to downsizing to go to another bank Wells Fargo to be appreciated.
Strong security, new instructions for safety everyday.Very concise training.Good benefits and opportunities. Very good products. Good salary and employees are always well take care of.
A typical work day for me would be:
while enjoying a cup of coffee, I like to review and prioritize my work load for the day. Once I've established workload, I like to first communicate with anyone that may have had questions the day before (I don't like to leave tasks incomplete). I then will start the day with remainder tasks.
This company has a lot of perks regarding to benefits. The support from management is good. The day to day work/life balance is great! The goals are a bit high but it’s semi achievable.
Fun people , nice clients , good hours maybe 1 Saturday a month . Work is challenging but you get lots of training . Training is on line so you have time to finish , not rushed .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BBVA. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
3K
1.9K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight