BBVA Employee Reviews

Difficult Operating Environment
Contributor (Former Employee) –  Houston / BirminghamSeptember 23, 2014
Lack of product focus, all functions expected to be generalists of all products. Banking discipline / science and knowledge behind how to study / analyze the details of specific products appears to have some knowledge loss over the last number of years. Project selection not always based on revenue / profit returns, often politics have a stronger weight towards project selection vs. Financial ratio analysis of the projects. Upper leadership mostly foreign nationals whom lead often without getting a diversity of opinions from one and 2 downs before making decisions.
Pros
extremely high tech, leading edge technologies
Cons
not always optimized in how to use technologies to apply to value creation
summary
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 16, 2014
great people
solid foundation
excellent mgt
adding value for our clients
Pros
connections made
Workplace with lots of potential for further development if the right management culture is developed.
Investment Executive (Former Employee) –  PRJuly 15, 2014
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Budget constraints.
Mortgage processing
Mortgage Processor III (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2014
My day starts with urgent phone calls and emails from an MBO, in house customer, or client who is desperately in need of getting what they need. I have learned to take a deep breath and face each situation with grace and flexibility, and give my customers the best of me, and the best of my time. My co-workers are great to work with because we work in a "team" driven environment. We have come to believe that "peace" and "unity" among a work force, coupled with a driven mind set to accomplish a task, avails much.

Timelines and quotas tend to cause stress, and most of the time, this is daily. I have determined to stay ahead, by being proactive with my approach to customers and getting in touch with them as soon as possible with the items that that will need to be accomplished throughout our process. I enjoy getting to know the people that I come in contact with. I desire to help them, and serving is what I do best.
Pros
Jeans can be worn to work at all times in this office.
Gestor Hipotecario (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 1, 2014
Solid employer and an outrageoulsy caring management staff supervising over achieving and very proud employees. There was always a promise of advancement for hard workers.
Very unproductive workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 18, 2013
Company rolls daily as a normal broker dealer, but because it was so small anything new in regards at products or new services we were the last in line. Limiting the company in products and services, so that bring up discomfort and bad situations between corporate management and the rest of the officers. very sad place to work!
Pros
Cons
everything
Overseas loans
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDApril 26, 2013
2 years of experience in banking at BBVA Spain. Excellent management. good coworkers. easy loan guidelines. Borrowers doesn't need credit score for them to apply for mortgage.
Great Teamwork and and ideal education.
Fixed Income & Equity Settlements Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2013
A great enviorment and good people. The management team mentored and cultivated the staff.
Great Corporate culture values
Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 21, 2013
I enjoy growing my career in this company and learn great corporate values and ethical approach to daily basis work.
Leading bank in the world
Administrative and sales advisor, Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDNovember 6, 2012
Great job, great chances.
Objective and resuklt oriented management
Traveling extensively throughout Latin America meeting with high networth individuals
Vice President Private Banking for Latin America (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2012
On the phone with clients from different Latin American countries advising them on financial opportunities
I learned a lot about international financial markets and about emerging markets in general
Management was a team of very experienced private bankers from whom I learned a lot
Co workers were also several private bankers each specialised in several markets and also the back office co workers who were a indispensable team
The hardest part of the job was to keep clients content about their profits
The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to several countries in te region
Pros
traveling
Cons
changing financial market conditions
Internship (Former Employee) –  MAdridSeptember 11, 2012
I had a good relationship with my co-workers.
My typical day consisted reviewing the different format of the different orders needed. I also helped checking the migration of the new corporate web tool.
The hardest part of the job was understanding the different type of orders and formats.
The most enjoyable part was being able to work with different countries and the high percentage of worked that implied different people and departments.
Great company with great values
Senior Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2012
I loved the benefits and laser focus on sales and strategies. The online division supported the branches by sending them all leads generated from calls. That was helpful as part of training because you will work real leads with different variables.
Pros
great benefits, great training, best sales experience.
Cons
short budget to financial anything innovating.
Good place for work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, Puerto RicoJune 24, 2012
Excellent place for works. My jobs was enjoyable I was like all jobs that I was had in charge. I had learned a lot of things during the time I worked with BBVA, since take some seminars and other skills when I was assigned to make differents kinds of task.

Excellent employer.
a great place to learn.
VP Information Technology Auditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2012
It is difficult for spaniards to undetstand the US business standards.
productive place.
External loan Adjuster or general collector. (Former Employee) –  San Juan, Puerto RicoJanuary 11, 2012
Good place to work. Excellent place with a lot of areas to learn and grow up. The employees have a good knowledges about your areas.
Pros
free lunches and car expenses.
Cons
healthcare and short breakes.
Excelente empresa para trabajar, a menos que seas del contac center o ejecutivo de cuentas
Ejecutivo Call Center (Current Employee) –  Bandera.December 29, 2017
Es un banco con muy buena cultura, El equipo de trabajo es en general bastante bueno y comprensivo.
Pero las condiciones cuando te contratan no son muy claras y cuando comienzas a trabajar poco a poco te vas dando cuenta que no son como las que te había prometido.
RRHH ES muy desorganizado, todos los meses tuve problemas con mi sueldo, Me pagaban finalmente lo que correspondía. Pero nunca en tiempo.

En cuanto se trata de metas, más que desafiantes son derechamente ilusas. Alcanzable por muy pocos.
Muchas trabas en riesgo.

En el contact center. La realidad es completamente distinta al resto de banco( que es en general una buena empresa para trabajar), desorganizado, muy cambiante al punto que no tienes claro cual es el protocolo vigente, más vale la venta que entregar un buen servicio, Y el sistema informático del banco, es su mayor defecto para ser un banco líder en servicios Digitales. Lo peor de todo es que todos los beneficios que ofrece el banco son en la mitad.

Renta acorde al mercardo, a veces un poco mas baja.

Quizás con Scotiabank mejoren las cosas, que es una empresa que funciona bastante mejor.
Pros
Buenas jefaturas. Estabilidad.
Cons
Si trabajas en el contac center vas a querer irte en un par de meses, Muy difícil de crecer dese ahí.
Excelente Institucion
Banco (Former Employee) –  Venezuela, PRAugust 20, 2017
Excelente empresa siempre vive innovando y busca persona que sean proactivas
Pros
Si
Cons
N/a
Ambiente de trabajo excelent y proactivo
Business Executive (Former Employee) –  VenezuelaOctober 21, 2016
Loved the time working there!!
Great boss
Great work environment
Ambiente cordial
Financiera (Former Employee) –  Cía, NCMarch 10, 2014
Lo peor del trabajo, es que estábamos terciarizados y había muchas diferencias entre el Personal Efectivo del Banco y Nosotros. El resto, agradable
Pros
Lugar y gente agradable
Cons
Diferencias de Contratación