BBYO

Working at BBYO: 13 Reviews

United States13 reviews

Great place to work!

Overall a really great organization with great team members and coworkers! Wish I wouldn't have turned down the full time position. This company will be successful for a long time.

Pros

Good work life balance.

Easy, flexible job for Jewish high school students

I have worked with BBYO for 4 years now and have continuously loved it. As a high school student, it is easy to get wrapped up in activities that have little meaning to you. BBYO is a fantastic opportunity for high school students to learn about their religion and culture whole having fun and being with peers.

Pros

Flexible Hours

BBYO insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Gotta love what you do to do it

BBYO is an extraordinary company that allows Jewish teens to come together to make great moments with one another. As an alumni of the organization to be able to work for the company for so many years was a blessing. I learned a lot about working in the youth community and loved what I did. You put in a lot of hours to get the benefit for the community. You have to have a passion to work long hours and have a passion and patience for working with teenagers.

I was an extremely active member

I was a extremely active member in bbyo and felt like the more effort I put in on my end would result in great returns for the rest of my organization and myself

workplace culture

While my bbyo experience wasn't long it was interesting to see how other advisors were with their kids. I got to see how different everyone style was with their kids and learn about how help my teens. Advisors are their to help whenever the teens needed it and oversee them. That's what culture was in bbyo.

Pros

free clothes

Cons

teens fighting and arguing and not getting along

Great Colleagues

Fun and fast paced environment. Great colleagues and amazing opportunity to work with teen leaders in a small setting. Intense experience for teens and staff.

Fun Place to Work

Very motivating. Great opportunity to run your own departments and the organization cares about its employees and believes in its mission

B'nai B'rith Youth Organization

Over the course of my five years in BBYO I learned how to be a leader, how to work with others, how to plan events, and how to have fun while working in a great atmosphere.

Growing organization, meaningful work

BBYO is a growing organization with an eye toward constant innovation. However, this can mean managing too many priorities at once. The work/life balance in the headquarters is great, but not so much as a professional working in the field. BBYO strives to be an employer of choice, and this shines through. Turnover with management has made the organization a bit uneasy, and frustration has leaked into the culture. Overall, I recommend working here.

Very diverse and fun work place

This is a good organization who helps improve your skills and gives you proper training to do your job to the best of your abilities. If you love working with children and love being in a school atmosphere this is the right job to be at.

awesome

It was an incredible experience. I will never forget all the skills learned in BBYO

An organization to believe in

A wonderful organization to believe in and work for, however not a place with a lot of growth opportunity in terms of professional or financial advancement

See previous summary

I learned a ton about myself and how much I like leading groups and educating and seeing the results of my work. For the Staff Conference planning committee I was in charge of various logistical and programmatical aspects of our annual staff conference for 125 employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BBYO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about BBYO in popular locations

• BBYO