BC Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Fun co-workers
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJanuary 14, 2016
A day in the life at BC services is fast paced, and lots of inbound and outbound calls. On the phonee exactly at 8:00. I learned great communication skills, wonderful customer service. How to manage a "route", and maintain a certain amount of call volume. Friendly staff, and truly enjoyed my supervisor, and fun goals and games during the year for increased growth in the company. The hardest part of the job was the sad stories of people in collections for a sick child, or a loss in their family that you would hear the sad stories. Most enjoyable part of the job were the happy customers, and they enjoyed talking to a "nice" bill collector when they realize that I am just here to help and I do not judge others...hey if you have a car/house payment...really we are all in debt and most of the calls were medical bills.
Pros
Great bonus and holiday parties..rewards for goals accomplished
Cons
have to work exactly 40 hours or docked time, and hard to get time off
Small company with real life benefits
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  GoodlettsvilleOctober 11, 2015
This is a small family owned company, owned by an inspirational man, who built this business from the ground, up. Very knowledgeable employees learned a lot.
Pros
Extent of employee knowledge
Cons
small business
This is a great company to work for.
Executive Assistant/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Willamina, ORSeptember 16, 2015
Write checks for personal/Inc. finances, manage finances, maintain personal and Inc. expenses, reconcile bank accounts, prepare correspondence and e-mails daily, run errands, get supplies, post transactions, file, perform marketing duties to get jobs coming in.
Most employee focused company I ever worked for.
Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KsAugust 19, 2015
I was responsible for staff scheduling, performance,recruitment, and retention. I monitored our work load and work flow. Adhered to company policies and procedures.

Their philosophy was the promotion of each employee which would reward the company in competent and loyal employees.

I loved working for this company.
Pros
They paid for half of my college degree
Cons
The medicaid contract ended
Nice place to work
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 15, 2015
Great co-worker, a day work is busy. Enjoy learning how to setting up breakfast and lunch buffet. Management work with in helping set up the lines.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
2 breaks a day, great Health Insurance
Generally was a pleasant place to work, people were nice to work with
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 26, 2015
Typical Day = Read emails, did up schedule, worked on writings, and prep material for two different audits

Learned = Different databases / Skill-set

Management = Enjoyed working w/Mgmt, Mgmt of Client, and Sr. Mgmt

Co-Workers = were pleasant, worked well together

Hardest Part = Didn't find anything really difficult in this position

Most Enjoyable - Learned new things, the people, diversity, the challenges, and the rewards
Pros
Example: Free lun Learned new things, the people, diversity, the challenges, and the rewardsches, etc.
Cons
No cons
Leading Technology Company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  variousFebruary 21, 2015
The company is a world-wide leader with many opportunities, a long history of outstanding services, standard policies, processes, and known workable procedures. It was open to new ideas to improve services and advocated trying new techniques to improve services and delivery methodologies. The teams throughout the company were very knowledgeable in their fields and willing to assist in presenting the best solutions, recommendations, or implementations for each client. Many layers of management and focus on share holders drove the resource requirements and restructuring. The hardest part of the job was the 75-95% travel. The people, teaming attitude and information sharing were the best part of the job.
Pros
Ability to learn, implement, grow, and utilize knowledge to improve services
Cons
Greater than 75% travel and managing home/life/work balance
Great company to grow with
Associate Team Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 29, 2014
I was employed with BCBS for 7 years and I was promoted 3 times. Great company to grow with in your career.
Pros
Great potential for growth.
Small Business Great Company
Administrative Assistant/Phone Correspondence (Former Employee) –  Altadena, CAAugust 24, 2014
It is a great company to work for the only negative about it ;only seasonal work.
Great learning experience
Insurance Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2014
On the job training in health and life insurance plans. Learned a lot.
Outbound and Inbound Call Center
Pros
Educational position
Cons
Too far to drive
Fun place to work with children
Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLOctober 29, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of serving breakfast to the children in the morning, and then taking my VPK kids to class to start our day which includes teaching the children new topics, and supervising them on their daily activities. I've learned so much working here. It has expanded my knowledge on early childhood education. The hardest part of my job is managing the classroom alone because it takes away the opportunity to have more one on one time with each child. The most enjoyable part is watching the children grow. As they learn new things, and become excited about learning.
Pros
Fun atmosphere to work
Cons
No health insurance
Good benefits.
Customer Service/M&B Rep (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 19, 2013
Typical work day was answering the phones and resolving insurance issues, paying claims, opening small business accounts, billing and reconciling business accounts and taking business account payments. I learned insurance billing. Management was good, but because of constant company layoffs it kept changing. Co-workers were very professional and always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was not knowing from day to day if you were going to have a job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people resolve issues.
Pros
Great work environement and employee recognition
Cons
Not knowing if you were gonna be the next to be laid off.
Great fellow employees.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Evansville, WIFebruary 22, 2013
Short term employment due to the fact that I followed my military enlisted husband to another state.
Unsatisfied
Meeting coordinator (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 15, 2012
The owner new me previously, and because of my experience she wanted me to work with her by the time I was working with Wish Boutique/Body & Soul as manager. When the store completely closed I was interviewed and everything they promised was perfect for the first month. When the company was not going as expected and my paycheck stated lowering, I decided to quit and continue with my studies.
Customer service contractor w/Jacobson
Customer Service (contractor w/Jacobson) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2012
Calls from providers, clients, agents regarding enrollment and claims