BCBG MaxAzria Employee Reviews

I do not recommend this Company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 22, 2019
I was regarded by my store number. I was never recognized for any positive results and I had no work life balance. They do not care at all for your family life although they say they do. People are promoted to positions they shouldn't be in. The ASM played favorites and would never coach or give associates constructive feedback. He was the level of a key holder. The key holder was the level of a sales associate. No one supported the General Manager.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Disregard to Employees and Management, long work hours and very political.
One of the worst places
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 20, 2019
Run, run, and run.
I lived in different countries, I met a lot of different people, but this company is one of the worst.
The staff was so wicked, and lazy. There were so much favoritism, bullying, discrimination,and poor management.
The hours are so low, so the staff cannot use the discount. It was so stressful.
I wonder now where BCBG stores are heading.
Pros
Cons
everything
Toxic environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAMay 18, 2019
I don’t even know where to begin. First off, not a comfortable place to work, at least at my location. Management would choose favorites, whisper about you behind your back, other staff members were shady and would steal your client every chance they got. It was a dog-eat-dog world, too much toxicity. I would cry after every shift because of how cruel and rude the management staff and employees were. I do not recommend this place.
Cons
Horrible management, shady co-workers
fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMay 16, 2019
its a fun job if you enjoy selling to people. it can get very stressful always having a sales quota that you have to meet and having to call clients all the time.
Pros
discounts
Cons
stress
Fun and amazing place to work
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 13, 2019
Greeting multiple clients and understanding what style of chic they are looking for. Providing the best customer experience to each client to ensure they have the most amazing experience. You meet so many diverse customers from so many cities/countries that come and shop and you get the chance to introduce yourself and grow a relationship with them. Hardest part is not being able to find something your client likes in that season but you can always keep them in mind for more collections. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles on clients faces when they find what they are looking for and it fits them amazingly.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Short breaks
Very stressful and zero work life balance.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  FLApril 24, 2019
Upper Management manages based on fear. They offer no support in helping recruit and find top talent. Management does not support the Leadeship Team in performance managing associates who are insubordinate. It is a toxic Company with a toxic environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Zero work life balance.
Nice place
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2019
Amazing and beautiful clothes and fun place to work. Every day is a challenge, you have to do your best to sale to differents kind of people and body types.
Pros
SM Great Manager
Fun and fashionable company
Retail Sales Associate, RTW (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2019
A fun and fashionable company to work for in the retail environment. I love the brand and quality of the clothing which makes it easy to sell to customers. BCBG is huge on utilizing a client book to make daily sales goals so customer outreach/building client relationships is a very important part of the job.
People definitely work for people
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Metro Chicago AreaApril 16, 2019
I have had an enjoyable experience here at BCBG. My work has been for myself, my boss, and my family. I enjoy my clients, my supervisors, and partners.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXApril 11, 2019
Great job environment, staff is really welcoming and you are able to feel like you have a home away from home. From the time you come in for your shift you are able to jump straight into building your client book and start contacting customers along with learning about the current line of clothing and what inspired it to come about.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
pay does not match the work requested
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2019
this may sound bad, but for the pay it is just not worth the demands they throw on you. I was a few dollars away from not even being able to pay my rent. BCBG used to be a strong brand with great pieces. But over the years, the company has gone downhill and it is painful trying to sell some of the product because the quality does not match the price so customers try to bargain with you for discounts and if it is full price, they just dont buy it and wait for a sale. I was with the company for years and not once got a raise or promotion. There is no growth in the company and allegedly, the company froze their salaries which is a red flag. In the span of a few years, I have had more than 5 different managers it has such a high turnover rate and that is the culture with this company, you are easily replacable. Even if you have been loyal to the brand for years, they can just fire you on the spot and replace you without a second blink. For a higher end brand, they are very stingy with their employees and rarely do you ever get bonuses and no paid time off or anything like that. Ridiculously high sales goals and even if you meet them, the only response you get is why didnt you make more money. The brand is struggling hard. Also the workplace was filled with drama and catty fights lots of gossiping.
Pros
little bonuses here and there, some cool coworkers, discount
Cons
low pay, no benefits, lots of drama
Sadly not a good place to work.
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2019
This was an amazing company at one time. They had pride and great fashion. Now they are trying to keep their head above water and are making terrible decisions that are hurting the integrity of the brand.
No work life balance.
No growth.
No appreciation of talent
No contest
Their is a bonus structure however not easily achievable.
Great Job When young
Manager/Operations (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 2, 2019
I was enrolled in the Art Institute for fashion design. This job was perfect for learning fashion and recommending unique fits for specific body types. I learned DOR and how to delegate as we went without Store or Assistant Manger during holiday season. Everyone was happy.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Advancement - retail is retail though
I learned a lot.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2019
I learned a lot of new fashion skills working at BCBG as far as styling and clientele. What I did not like from the company was that they gave such short notice when they decided to close all the boutiques back in 2017 and did not help out their employees with any benefits.
Pros
Good fashion skills.
Cons
Did not compensate employees as should.
Not enough pay
Shop Stylist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 3, 2019
It was a fun environment sometimes very stressful but we were expected to wear heels most the time which can get really uncomfortable also we almost got no raise no matter how many years you have been working there
Usual sales associate position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2019
Schedule was hard and no one ever stuck by it, management broke the rules and expected you to follow them, couldn’t wear sale items on floor, pay was not the best
Pros
Learned a lot about how to sell overpriced things
Cons
No benefits whatsoever
I loved working at BCBG until we got a new manager.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 12, 2019
For the first six months that I worked for BCBGMaxAzria, I loved it. I enjoyed my managers and fellow associates. I loved the 40% discount that we received. And since we were a partnershop (inside of a Macy’s), we also received an additional 20% off from Macy’s. I loved clienteling and building relationships with customers. I helped with opening and closing proceedures, as well as floorsets, visual displays, markdowns, merchandising, etc. I stuck with being a sales associate/key holder because of the promise of the ability to be promoted to manager or assistant manager (the only two positions where you receive adequate compensation and benefits). But when a new manager came to the store I worked at, everything changed for the worse. It became a volatile work environment and everything I loved about the company and that I enjoyed going to work tor everyday, changed for the worse. The work environment became so toxic that I could no longer work for the company. If you have a great manager, it is a fantastic company to work for, but the wrong management can make it a hellacious work environment. Also, the non-partnershop locations are also much more enjoyable to work at.
Pros
Discounts Helping Customers The relationships you build.
Cons
Not adequate compensatin for your work. Management changed for the worse. No chance for promotion.
Fashinable and Fun
Fashion Expert (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 8, 2019
It was wonderful styling woman in all shapes and sizes. As well as being driven to they're needs, wants and desires that made them feel beautiful and the best version of themselves. Super friendly and organized environment. I learned more about the fabrics, how to backstock and apply visual trends. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a fashion expert to my clients.
Productive and fast paced environment for great learning opportunities
Corporate Library Manager (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAFebruary 1, 2019
Every day was different. I learned how to be more flexible and adaptable to change. Management allowed me to work autonomously. The hardest part of the job was, sometimes, was making sure that other employees returned the sample that they checked out. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a huge company with a lot of employees and departments. I was able to interact with a variety of people.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
ever changing procedures
bad
allocator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2019
didnt have any direction for management, it was very boring work, the department is now gone completely and i am not surprised. i liked the idea of the job but not the company