BCC Employee Reviews

Relaxed with room to grow
Student Ambassador Rowan (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at Rowan at Burlington County College. It was relaxing and i was able to create my own schedule. The people I worked with were very nice and helpful.
Productive and Exciting; Always an Opportunity to Learn
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAApril 12, 2018
As a Help Desk Work-Study, I would, but not be limited to, assist Staff/Faculty/Students with technical support, Perform network/hardware/software troubleshooting, image computers, install/upgrade software, and provide support to the accessBCC portal site and the eLearning sites.

The workplace culture was excellent. It was a breeding ground for learning and exploration. My workmates always are there to answer questions pertaining to the job.

I would say that the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is assisting others with their computer needs. With a wide variety of computer needs, it can be challenging to meet them. But I enjoy this aspect because I am always in a position of learning and adapting.
Pros
An ability to apply what I learned in the classroom to real life.
No accountability
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 12, 2017
Great Company with alot of dysfunctional people that are hard to get rid of do to companys present policies. What I have learned is to just keep focus on what I was hired to do and stay away from the soap oprea. Management well lets just say it is hard to find quility people.
Work culture is very stern which is a good thing. Seeings I work at a very large jail the hardest part of my job is not for me to ever become comfortable with my surroundings. The most enjoyable part of my job is to interact with the deputys they are all great and are always looking out for my best interest.
Pros
The County is a great place to work.
Cons
It is hard to find where you fit in.
Volunteer work
Volunteer Work - BCC (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJuly 28, 2017
Had an enjoyable time volunteering for the college. The other volunteers, and actual staff, were very nice. Everything was well organized. I got to watch the production for free.
It was a productive, relaxing workspace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJuly 12, 2017
Nice employer and easy to figure everything out. If you're able to work here and go to school it's a win/win situation. You'll get plenty of tips and tricks to manuever through college life and also the work world.
Amazing Institution
Student Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 11, 2017
Amazing staff all around. Could not have been happier with my my time that i have spent at this institution and the knowledge i have gained through out my years here.
Greensboro Day School
Director of Greensboro Day School's (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 27, 2016
GDS was a great way for me to build strong personal and business relationships. My time there also helped me to develop strategies for problem solving in the real world. I managed operations for the elementary after school program.
The best about these compay were flexible in work schedulle
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAFebruary 22, 2016
I have learned communication skills, business knowledge, IT expertise, customer service orientation, lack in management organize such as none settle policy for employee's rent concession - each one gets different benefit from the owner
Pros
flexible in work schedule
Cons
limit benefit
Nice place to work
Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 7, 2016
I enjoy the interaction with members & clients. The hours are good, though the pay is not very high. Management is pleasant though they can not seem to get much accomplished.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Lack of management, pay or advancement
Meidcal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 29, 2015
Some days better then others. Overall great co-workers. My supervisor Kecia Barnes great leader. Patients was the best.
Baldwin Care Center (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, WIJune 25, 2015
On the weekdays I would help residents for the first hour, then set up dining rooms for supper. After that I serve the food to the residents and get them anything that they need. I would help them eat and then clean-up. At the end of the day I clean the kitchen and help anyone out before I leave. On the weekends, I set-up for breakfast and serve it. Then I go to the office and deal with money and mail and anything else that might need to be done- such as making packets, shredding mail, photocopying, ect. Then I answer phone calls and direct people where they wish to be as they come in. I then pick-up breakfast and help the residents back to their rooms. After that, I go back to the office and finish anything else that needs to be done. I love working with the residents, but my co-workers were awful and they made it a very un-enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Making people happy
Cons
Co-workers
It's a quite environment, for the patient
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2013
A day at work was always a good day, things were never was never unorganized.

I've learn a lot about different patient's and their health, as well as operating the jobs system

The management was great

The co-workers are hard workers

Not to much was hard, when a patient get mad you must be calm in order to calm the patient

The most enjoyable part about the job is that i was able to work there with great people.
BCC/Orange County Government, FL
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  NPRD, Orange County Government, FLJune 29, 2013
A wonderful working environment with career advancement opportunities within local government and neighboring municipalities.
Productive but not well organized
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 1, 2013
A typical at BCC was arriving to work at 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM. BCC needed volunteers to take care of the infants and children while their parents were in conferences. I would go into the daycare and greet the children. Play games with them, read any book they requested of me, and change the babies that were there while the other children were with the other volunteers. The infants were feed, burped, and put to nap. Dinner was served around 6 after then the children took their naps. By the time they woke their parents were there to pick them up. The other co-workers were great to be around. They enjoyed being with the kids. The hardest part of the job was trying to supervise so many children at once since there were only three volunteers there. What i enjoyed most there was working with the kids, I loved seeing their smiles and hearing their laughter. Seeing the kids leave happy and wanting to come back to see me was the best feeling.
seeing all the people going to colleage
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pemberton, NJJanuary 9, 2013
makeing the students feel safe and facult.walking the campus.
Pros
helping the students
Cons
some times there are long days
Local government
Urban and Regional Planner (Former Employee) –  Citrus CountyMarch 3, 2012
Local government department dealing with public health, safely, and welfare of its citizens.