BCD Travel Employee Reviews

Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2018
Work life balance is difficult. Mentoring is non existent unless you are in a specialized dept - otherwise you are left to sink or swim. Pay is not on par with other companies.
Pros
Virtual positions
Cons
Never enough resources
BCD Travel is a great company
Global Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
The best thing about BCD Travel is the people. When you are surrounded by great people, you are in the best professional choice possible. The corporate culture is one of the most progressive and forward thinking available.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not enough positions
Debit Memo Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirtualJune 13, 2018
BCD Travel was a great work environment. BCD Travel has the philosophy to promote from within. The management was always there to assist with the working and home environment.
Great place
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MO 64068May 27, 2018
While I left some friends behind I remained friends with them to this day. I thought the grass was greener on the other side of the fence. But I got bit by a snake on the other side.
Pros
great place
Cons
Hard to say
not at all bad
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2018
I was just looking over the fence for greener grass. While I was happy I wanted to get more exercise and money. Found a company that had come highly rated. But I wished I had never left BCD.
Pros
some dinners
Cons
not enough exercise
Great Talent and Flexible Organization
Operations and Account Management (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2018
One of the best TMC's to work with - Flexible and empowered to make decisions. Everyone is supportive and helpful. Fun and open environment. BCD always strives to be the best for its employees and clients.
We were able to go to lunch as a group
Travel Consultant/Quality Control Agent (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with the clients and with administrative assistants to book air car and hotel reservations when BCD travel lost the travel contract I relocated to Melbourne FL
Excellent place to work. Management was very good.
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2018
Fast paced environment but fun workplace. Good management team. Worked with VIP clients. This was my favorite part of the job. I learned to be more multi-tasking. Typical day at work would be taking 30 calls a day.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Had to meet quota for number of calls per hour
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at BCD travel. Here I got to work with the Directors and Vise Presidents on budgets. I would take there data and submit it to accounting.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not enough interaction.
Love the remote options
DBA/Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 16, 2018
Allowing the IT team to work remote makes perfect sense since literally no significant hardware is onsite anyway and you can be far more productive offsite.
Bad company
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2018
The attendence policy is joke. The new account they partnered up with, you spent 10 weeks in training and after 2 weeks of being an official employee they let you go by saying they are not busy.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Overall bad company to work for
bad place to work
Corporate Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2018
awful, fell like a concentration camp , will not recommend my worst enemy to work there. management not helpful at all do not help their agent be better only care about number no incentive for agents at all only management get bonus and they agents nothing poor place to work
Pros
Cons
awful
Productive and fun place to work, good co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2018
As a Customer Service Representative I worked with vendors to resolve past day issues, have learned the value of excellent vendor relations, fun place and great co-workers, fast paced and moderately stressful place to work
Pros
Paid vacation and option to purchase additional vacation days
Cons
mandatory overtime during weather events
Excellent place to work
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTMarch 22, 2018
I loved my job with BCD Travel, and I was broken hearted when I was laid off. Our office was like a small family, and we all got along great. Our managers and supervisors were excellent, and I really enjoyed my position.
Their benefits are excellent as well.
Pros
Flexible, health insurance, 401k, vision insurance, discounts
Fast paced job
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Fast paced but rewarding as one makes clients happy and glad to travel. Technology challenged company at times but they were working on improvements.
Pros
Fun office
Cons
Lack of management involvement
Travel
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAFebruary 17, 2018
Good place to work if you do not mind no management guidance. I enjoyed my job for the most part but no room for advancement within the company. Pay is average as are the benefits.
BCD Travel
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 16, 2018
Great company to work for. Benefits are good but would like to have more opportunity to travel with the organization. Discounts not very good for IT staff.
Sorry, but don't do it
Corporate Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 14, 2018
-Pay is just okay but I know other travel agencies pay more

-The culture of the company is not great. People who have been there for a long time are just yes men or robots. Managers are mean, rude, condescending, and not helpful.

-Call centers are starting to get away from really providing help to phone representatives and that's not good.

-Trainers are very informal and get on topic of a lot of things your are not supposed to talk about in the workplace (race, religion, politics, etc)
Pros
Learning things about travel
BCD Travel
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Great company, but could definitely use a better training system for such a complex position. It's a lot of information that is skipped over in the 10 week training provided; resulting in a lot of additional training required on the job.
with more responsibilities comes more pay
VIP Corporate Travel Consultant Senior (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Out of all the Business Travel Management Companies I've worked and Temped at, BCD Travel has been the best at compensating an employee for the amount and time they put into the job. As they promoted me to different positions and gave me more responsibilities they also raised my pay and gave me rewards for my accomplishments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCD Travel. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at BCD Travel.

Powered by Comparably