BCD Travel

BCD Travel Employee Reviews

United States316 reviews

travelvirtualairlinecovidaccountagenthotelvendor

Enjoyable place to work!

I've been with BCD Travel for 15 years. While the accounts I've been on have varied, most of the management has been supportive. I've learned alot.

Not flexible - no work/life balance

They do not offer any flexibility in your job...they say they offer a work life/balance but they don't..the managers/supervisors only think of themselves...they say one thing but do another...very poor management...l

BCD Travel insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Not what they seem..

They say they encourage work life balance which is totally untrueManagement does little to help you and they misguide you and make promises that are false...this place is top heavy with supervisors that I believe are only interested in their own well being..

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No flexibility

Generous benefits package and supportive

Loved working with bcd travel. Would've kept working there if not for covid shutting down travel. Still trying to get back at bcdIt is never boring working at bcd and their customers is a priority

What is the best part of working at BCD Travel?The best TMC I have ever worked for in all my years in the travel industry!What is the most stressful part about working at BCD Travel?Nothing specific to BCD that's stressful, unlike any other TMC.What is the work environment and culture like at BCD Travel?It's mostly a great team of diverse individuals from all backgrounds making each other's day as smooth as possible by their teamwork. What is a typical day like for you at BCD Travel?It's an enjoyable work day, for the most part, because you know your colleagues are there for you, as a team, to assist when you need anything.

Great environment

Coworkers are very helpful and which makes for a great work environment. Management is helpful but I’ve only been there a month. So far I have no complaints.

Great Place to work

Management is very helpful and wants you to succeed. Very busy but never boring. Must multi-task. The culture is great it encourages well being and inclusion.

Pros

Working from home

Good job

Job is easy. Pay could be better. Managers are very helpful and it’s always opportunities to grow. The benefits could be better. Not a lot of travel perks

Team and management

Great company to work with. Team are great professional,knowledgeable to work with. Management is there when you need them. Pay is average not the best but its okay.

Overall I enjoyed working for the company. Very family oriented!! If I was unfamiliar with how a process worked there were team leads, managers and coworkers available to assist!

Great company to work for

I had a great experience working there. Management was really great and helpful. Coworkers were helpful and team players. Really good benefits and 401k plan

Pros

Good schedule and pay

Upper management favorites

BCD peers are great. Management not so much. Expectations are neatly impossible to meet. No or little appreciation but clients are great. Pre COVID vendors bright free lunches. Good pay. Good PTO

Pros

Peers, good vacation

Cons

Management favorites

Great company, great people.

My expert was very good here. Only reason I left was layoff due to COVID, and the slump in the travel industry that resulted. The people that I worked with were fantastic.

Demanding

Call center environment, very high paced, and some entitled customers. It’s not bad if you’re ok with high call volumes and rude customers. Not everyday is like that but I definitely recommend having a thick skin.

Pros

The airlines and hotels bring in a lot of free things.

Wonderful company and management

I would still be working at BCD if not for the complications that arose due to Covid. The management team are all very supportive and make you feel included even though I was working remotely.

Pros

Remote. Great pay. Good feedback and constant learning opportunities.

Cons

Dealing with the airlines.

Good company treating its employees right

I work at home and the supervisors/managers make it a point of working with you. Most supervisors/managers/agents are great to work with. I was laid off due to Covid, but I was rehired with my seniority and benefits and salary. Glad I came back.

Pros

The company is slow in restoring benefits cut during Covid

Cons

Money is good, but not as good as it was due to Covid economy measures.

Average TMC

Great coworkers, no micromanaging. Be prepared to take a huge amount of calls with virtually no aftercall time to finish up. Very high pressure. Multi program processes with subpar technology. HR handbook and other employee information tools are housed in an antiquated website; click a link which opens to a pdf file instead of a modern webpage. Shift bids are always a negative.

Company treats employees as important.

They take our concerns seriously and act on them when possible. I really feel valued. Excellent work-life balance. My manager is excellent in assisting me with my career goals.

Great Team

Great people from all over the country you are working with. We work as a team. Workforce is consistant. You can speak with Account Managers and Supervisors, because they have a open door policy.

Pros

Virtual

Cons

Short lunch break

BCD Has changed so much for the worse

no good management- terrible new procedures - bad place to work now terrible - no support - horrible new agent source without the tools needed to do your job well- Horrible place to work

Pros

na

Cons

bad management-bad programs- No Army account - Army should stay with Sata BCD is terrible

It’s okay

The work is pretty mind numbing and management gets hung up on corporate policies that are meaningless. I do an awful lot of fluff to justify why customers pay for us.The pay is fair and the flexibility is terrific.

Pros

Flexible schedule, remote work

Cons

A lot of useless work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCD Travel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight