BCS Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Great learning experience!
Help Desk Intern (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 15, 2018
I needed an internship for the experience as well as the college credit. It was a great learning experience for the most part, and they were very flexible when it came to my schedule. However, there wasn't as much work as I'd thought there would be, especially towards the end. This made the latter weeks of the internship uneventful.

The workplace culture was laid back and relaxed, but still professional. The company is very reliant on team meetings, as the staff that I worked with were usually in meetings most of the time. However, they were always willing to help and occasionally offered me some career advice. They even showed me around the server room a couple times.

Overall, I'm satisfied with what I got from this internship. I learned a lot of new things that will apply to any job in my field, and I got to work with some great people.
Pros
Great people, some interesting projects, very flexible with schedules
Cons
Not enough work on some days
Crippled by the Culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILApril 19, 2018
Over the past 8 years, the company shifted from a culture of being to a culture of saying. Instead of fostering a culture that promoted the proposed "Key Positive Forces" of Integrity, Reputation, Respect and Trust, those are the attributes that diminished the most.

In fairness, the Insurance industry sustained some very tumultuous
challenges over the same period of time and BCS was able to maintain some semblance of growth. However, the almost volatile employee turnaround and mass exodus of exceptional talent will continue to threaten the stability of the company.

* A typical day at work was always unpredictable.
* I learned to maintain professionalism in chaos.
* Management wavered constantly.
* The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent directives.
* The most enjoyable part of the job was remembering when it was
the best place to work.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Hypocritical Leadership
Good People Poor Leadership
Accounts Recievables (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2018
Good place to get your experience, bad place if you think you will advance as the folks htere are waiting for their retirement based on the wasy the thier pension is invested.
Great experience, learned great life lessons.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2015
Love to go to work everyday. Everyone from the CEO to housekeeper were like family. Great benefits and great learning experience. Everyone in the department worked together and was willing to go the extra mile.
Benefits
Cons
Leaving
Sales team was small with large territories plenty to do with lots of product diverisification. A typical day could result into something new and
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 14, 2015
exciting to get involved with solutions. Small company with big growth potential and solid upper management leadership. Enjoyable place to work and hard work was appreciated and valued.
Best place to work
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 5, 2016
Management and Ceo's care way too much for the employees. Company is all about the employees. Flexible hours . Managers, coworkers are unbelieveable, they believe in team work!!
Pros
Cons
Very flexibile, no micro management
productive learning experience
Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2012
Chance to learn. Advanced as far as I could but moved on for a more advanced position
Pros
knowledge gained
Cons
limited promotions
Productive, fast growing
Premium Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 8, 2015
Work days started at 8.30, worked as much as needed based on work load. Learned how to work in team and enjoy the day at work as much as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCS Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

BCS Financial Corporation Reviews by Location