bd's Mongolian Grill Employee Reviews

Serving
GRILLER/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 13, 2019
This was a stressful job but taught me a lot in customer service. It was not your typical serving Job as we were simply delivering guidance to the Customers on how to prepare their own meals.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Organization
Fast paced exciting work place
Grill Chef (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 12, 2019
Working the BD's grill was a very enjoyable and fun experience when I got the hang of things. It was very daunting at first but I had a good group of grillers to teach me what I needed to excel at the job.
Work atmosphere and compensation for stress
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2019
The associates get along well for the most part which means the work atmosphere is pretty positive. My experience with this job so far is that the managers don't give equal opportunity to each of their employees. The stress is distributed unevenly so if someone who is working hard is put under the bus, it doesn't matter because the managers don't really care.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
nothing more than discounted food
Stressful
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 29, 2019
I started out as a hostess and with that job title I ran a rotation chart, kept tables clean and bussed and also kept the restaurant swept and tidy. I learned how I do not want to be treated in the workplace. The management was awful, lots of favoritism and backstabbing amongst other management as well as the staff. The hardest part of the job was dealing with not only rude guests but also the rude staff. Not a very happy place to work. I did, however, enjoy the food.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
Poor staff and management
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Great management. Fun relaxed enviroment. I have not had a bad day. Team works well together. Allowed to work different jobs. Guests are considerate and food is great
All have a great time
Pros
Great enviroment
productive
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2019
great place to work very relaxed management is great and fair. the hardest part is keeping up with certain areas most fun I've had on the job in a long time
Productive but also treated people like family
Server/Hostess/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 13, 2018
This was my favorite job and the reason why I love working in the food business so much. Everyone help everyone out and really care together, and everyone treated everyone as their family.
Fast-paced work environment, but no security.
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 10, 2018
The money is great if you can handle the pace, but there is no security in the job and it is hard to become one of the main servers, which means you have to take the worst sections in the restaurant.
Terrible.
Waiter/kitchen (Former Employee) –  Novi, MichiganNovember 22, 2018
Management was terrible. People were over worked. There is so much cross contamination and health violations. Never again. The turnover rate is high. The don't care about worker safety. The money is bad.
fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 19, 2018
BD's was a fun place to work, everyone got along quite well. Everyone was willing to help out others in times of need. If I ever got the chance, I would work at BD's again.
a really nice place to work at and is really a good environment
Resturant (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 18, 2018
all of the co workers are really nice and if you need help they are there for you. Our job is like a team effort! You set the next person up for success because you don’t wanna be the one messing up on your part.
Pros
free lunch
On the grill & refilling food bar.
Griller / Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 19, 2018
bd's is an extravagant place to work at. I use to grill for them. The grillers jobs/duties were to cook food at a high paste while entertaining customers. Mulit-tasking used to be difficult there.
Fun upbeat place to work with great vibes
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 30, 2018
Loved working here. The management was awesome. Food is great. It could get stressful at some points especially on weekends, but that’s expected working in a restaurant.
Pros
Great staff, fun job, discounts on great food
Cons
Stressful sometimes
sickening
Server/ Host Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 28, 2018
poorly run and only after money. Keeps catering to horrible people that treat their staff like garbage just to bring in more money. takes a new meaning to "the customer is always right"
Pros
foods good
Cons
everything
Relaxed workplace
shift supervisor, server, food prep,line cook (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 14, 2018
This was a good place to work for a few years to make some extra cash. Relaxed environment for the employees typically around college age to come make their money without much stress, and the company would work around their schedules. However, the company put dollars and cents in front of the quality of their product.
Terrible owner
Restaurant Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2018
Bds was a decent place to work or even eat and my review would be a lot better if not for poor ownership literally the owner let the place lights and water get off within a week.
pretty cool restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 30, 2018
Mongo is a fun restaurant to work at, lots of large groups and parties. Customers build their own meal which sometimes takes away from tips. Minimum percentages must be hit for bar drinks and appetizers, but there was usually a contest or incentive. Not the greatest place to make a lot of money but definitely a fun environment.
Fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Easton, OHJuly 11, 2018
It's a great and fun place to work. Lots of room for advancement. The people are great, lots of team players. The best management team I've ever worked with.
A good stepping stone
Server to Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIJune 28, 2018
BD's Mongolian Grill is a great learning environment for people who want to go into all sorts of work, not just the restaurant industry. We strive to teach basic life skills that will not only help further in career advancement, but will help in every day life situations.
Dont work there
Server (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2018
The cultural is horrible. Management doesn't know how to run a restaurant. People call off all the time or just don't show up. Leaving you short staffed and you have to do the job of 2-3 people. Servers can be very rude to other employees and management lets it happen. When u try and talk to management of any level, nothing happens. Staff eat off customers food in the back and handle food with their bare hands. If u really knew what went on here, you wouldn't eat or work there. There is favorites in the restaurant so they do no wrong. The conversations amd actions that happen, are SO INAPPROPRIATE. But what do you expect when management cant keep it in their pants.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude staff, lack of leadership and call offs or no shows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bd's Mongolian Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight