BD

Found 1,927 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,706 reviews
bardbectondickinsonliberatordeviceproductmedicalmanufacturing

BD is one of the best!

Featured review

BD selected this as a representative review
The location was Columbus Nebraska, MDS division. It’s a high volume and efficiency manufacturer of single use medical products. Great people to work with. Proprietary manufacturing technology.

Dedicated people

Constantly changing leadership, who didn’t always implement best work practices. Not appreciating the hard working employees. Not allowing a employee to transfer within the company.

BD insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

If it were nit for the miney many would not be there

I am thankful for the employment, but you are treated as a number. If you forget that they will remind you. The money is good, but as long as you are a regular entry worker you are disposable

Pros

The pay and benefits

Cons

Literally everything else

Really depends on your manager and the business unit

BD is a large company, so there are many opportunities for advancement if one is willing to relocate. For the high-volume plants, be ready to work in a very stressful and fast-paced environment. Being in a support function like project management seems to have better work/life balance.

Benefits good, coworkers not so much

The company has very good benefits and decent pay. The only concern I had was the people working there, no one wanted to train you, and they wouldn’t want to help you or answer any questions about the work. Most of the time they would do it for you without explaining and expect you to do it on your own.

Workable Environment

If you are looking for a well paying job with good benefits then this is a good place to start with. Normally easygoing coworkers provide a good environment.

Pros

Healthcare Benefits, Pay Scale

Waste of time

I had heard of BD as a great manufacturing company where employees are valued and respected. I did not see any of this at the Grayson location. The culture in this particular plant is one of neglect and resistance to change. Managers abuse of their power and they see new employees as a threat. The buildings are so old they are musty and even creepy and all they do to fix it is paint, and paint again. I would NOT recommend this plant to anyone.

Wasted 20 years of my life there

Poor management poor HR department hours suck. They don’t care about employees they don’t provide a opportunity to advance unless u know someone higher up or sleep your way to the top

Too many constant changes directed by management

I worked at bd for 10 ten years. 2 were as a temp, before being hired as full time. I loved my job. The people inside the clean room are amazing people to work with. The problem is management. Too many changes that doesn’t make sense to the actual workers. Changing procedures that slow down the process that works. Constantly making changes to a clean room that has been doing the same work for decades. If something is not broken,, why try to fix it.. i decided to leave for myself. It’s the company’s business as to how they run it. But it’s my business to keep safe and make sure that I always love my work.

Production in the company

It is terrible with the management and not listening to the associates concern and problems about the work conditions in the company and pay raise machine are broken and no to be repaired everyday

Don’t do it.

Worked there for years . Went years without a review.. at that the high school drama that management allowed to happen? Plus the terrible benefits . And the low pay for the area . Not worth it

Best decision

I will retire with BD! Excellent benefits, pay, work-life balance, and opportunity for advancement. Excellent Communication and transparency from the top and endless perks! Best decision I ever made!

Its pointless, hood and childish

Its a dead end. If you are in your 20`s- 30`S then go. Don`t go there if you have goals. You will get stuck. You can see it in their eyes that they gave up. The kids are just going to be kids. I know you may just need to get something for now ( Thats what I did to keep child support happy) if thats the case, dont stop looking for something better. Trust me.

Pros

Nothing comes to mind. Seriously

Cons

A dead end

Workplace

Relaxing workplace but management and the way some workers are treated aren’t fair. But a real chill environment, 4 day work week 10 hour shift. Overtime but not all the time.

Great Pay not the Best Conditions

The pay is amazing. The benefits are good, but having the basic tools and materials needed to do your job are not always present. Company has mandated overtime causing a lot of people to make mistakes, and be in trouble due to attendance. When you need a technician to help at times they can be snarky instead of coming in to help (although some are great at helping but a vast majority will complain and then help)

It's Who you know, not What you know

I have been here at BD for almost 5 years and Ive been applying for a higher position, which I think i qualify for, for the last two. I've only one interview and one phone interview for two separate jobs and didn't get neither. The management team do not listen but give commands all day for a job they haven't had the opportunity to understands what that particular person goes through. Overall after working here I will Never work on the production floor again. You have to fake it to make it to survive in this workplace

Pros

Able to work with family, if any

Cons

Short breaks, work like a robot for 12 hours

Opportunities for those who fit the culture

BD Sumter is a very large manufacturing facility which has five business units and is one of the largest manufacturing plants in the BD network. Each of these business units is large enough to be a stand-alone manufacturing plant and the plant as a whole produces a staggering amount of product. The products have longevity and market share - so the plant is stable and has had a very long life. The benefits are good - although the standard relatively high deductive health insurance applies. Wages are good for the area as well as bonus potential.In order to enjoy your job or do more than just survive at the salaried professional and management levels - you must be a person who is driven toward achieving/exceeding goals and has the ability to see opportunities for improvement and develop a plan to achieve those with a relative degree of independence. This often translates into long days and a challenging work/life balance. If you are not assertive and goal driven, you will find BD Sumter a difficult place to work. The hourly employees are relatively stable upon day shift - although there is turnover on the night shifts. While improving, there are too many grey areas for accountability amongst the hourly employees. If you are identified as an employee with potential, you will be given opportunities to show that you are ready for a higher level role. If you are not identified as such, it's challenging to get promoted. There is a backlog of tenured day shift supervisors and managers - so you will have to make a decision if you are willing to wait for a position to open or search -

Very nice employee’s, not well enough training

I enjoyed working for BD. Management is very understanding of your personal life and work load. They will even jump in to help you or find someone who can help you. The only thing that sucks is their training. I learned very important things about my job after having done it months later. The training is very basic, and when you ask for help, it’s often met with “weren’t trained on this?”. Um, no. That’s why I’m asking. Pay was great but it’s frustrating when you don’t have the resources or training required to complete a task that is being expected of you.

Hardworking/ productive but management sucks

The work is easy to learn, very busy, but management is sorry. Lots of favoritism and micromanagement. Good workers that mind business and hardworking gets overlooked while trouble makers get all positions. But hey they have good perks and benefits

Loyalty

I worked for BD for 19 years. Was a hard working and loyal employee who would work 70 hours a week at times and went above and beyond. Strictly worked with the executive leadership team, including the CEO, and CFO. Very hypocritical as the company did not have a mandatory vaccine policy in place, but when it was known that I was not vaccinated I was immediately let go. The new CEO is horrible to be kind. He is a greedy and selfish little man.

Management sucks and favoritism is high

The management is constantly changing leaving the employees to do as please. The work does not equate to pay and people who actually do their job get treated like trash.

Common questions about BD

Answered by current and former employees at BD

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

58%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare BD with

• BD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?