Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from BDO:

BDO Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA18 reviews
BDO was great in how they structured their company. Very organized. Everyone knew their role on the team. It could become challenging at times as communication was at times difficult for me to recieve from the Partners I supported. At the time they were going through a merger which kept them very busy. I learned a lot from this group.
BDO is a great family. People at BDO are very friendly and always willin gto help you.

BDO has also a great flexibility programs that work with you.
Pros
Lots of training and knowledge
Cons
No room to growth for Admin
CPA firm, management unorganized, not a great environment to learn in either. Nobody really knew me, decent compensation but such long hours and things never really got better for me. If you love accounting this job might be for you.
I have watched my fellow workers get targeted for dismissal one by one for two years, so I decided to get out while I could. Why were they targeted? According to management someone always had to play the role of the "wounded wildebeest"--the employee targeted for dismissal. It was disgusting to see how management would set employees up for failure, either by asking them to do the impossible or by using wholly inappropriate standards for judging performance.
Pros
Free dinner during busy season
Cons
A management culture that tolerates, even encourages, systematic bullying.
Fair and great place to work. They really live by their Core Values. From the CEO to the administrative team, everyone takes their job seriously. But there are also great morale with everyone.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
More bosses than clients and rarely are they on the same page. BDO corporate culture would get in the way of serving clients and distract from improving for the clients.
Cons
Corporate Culture
Management team especially at the local level could be better. Clear communication is especially on the expectations to the people below to help them move to the next level is not clear and concise.

Focus on improving quality should be taken seriously. Serious staffing and turn over problem affects focusing on quality.
BDO is a great place to gain your technical knowledge and polish your interpersonal skills. The management is great and your hard work doesn't go unnoticed.
Good luck with your career! Nice people and employees seem generally very happy and enthusiastic about working at the company. The people are probably the best part of the job.
During my time at BDO I had a great time getting to know the employees and management. If you ever have an issue they are more than willing to get it resolved for you and help you learn. The pay was great and they are very flexible with getting your hours in and allowing you to come in late and stay late when needed.
Pros
pay, people, environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BDO?
BDO is a great place to start your career. The level of professionalism is unprecedented. This company gives you the exposure you need to become an industry expert.
Productive environment, work-life balance, relationship among workers are not strong, no social environment.

high tech, learning experience is great.
Pros
good place
Cons
No skills
Fast pace growing company. Located in a Washington dc metro area. BDO is well known worldwide and has 63 offices in the USA.
I learned how to assemble tax returns. The most difficult part was handling the business returns. My co-workers were very nice, and great teachers. A typical day would be to come in and collect paperwork and enter said data. Gather any and all tax returns to assemble.
The job provided great opportunity to gain knowledge and skills performing financial statement audits. They train and prepare you to perform audits at a rapid rate. Your responsibilities grow and within two years you will be in charge of performing the audit from the planning phase to performing audits on complex financial statement areas. Management could make improvements by improving the budgets for each job and setting realistic expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people and being able to learn from them.
Very professional work environment. The hardest part of the job is the long hours.
The staff at BDO are a great mix of driven and friendly. I really enjoy working for my immediate manager and partner. The work has been stimulating but not overwhelming.
Pros
Flexibility, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Benefits are so-so compared to other professional services firms
BDO is on the fast track to become a big company. They are actively acquiring firms with little or no regard to the culture or success of the company they acquire. The operating budget post-acquisition is so close to the bone they won't spend a penny on anything from pens to heating/ac. They monitor every moment, every penny and would rather control than promote. The result is a culture that is oppressive, negative and with no incentive.
Pros
Pays above average
Cons
Terminations without communicating with the survivors.