BDS Marketing Employee Reviews

Seasonal Position
Seasonal Product Survey Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 12, 2018
This is a great seasonal//Part-time employment. I would consider working full-time if possible. The store managers are great and so are the other members of the team.
Pros
Work on your time
Work Hard Play Hard at BDS
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2018
BDS has a great culture and will help grow your potential. The work hard play hard motto is true. We do work really hard but when you work with great people it is fun.
A great entry level job
Field Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 19, 2018
While the program I enrolled in was a paid 3 month long "internship", I could say that it was well worth the time. Instead of jumping into a stressful career where my every move was scrutinized, BDS Marketing gave me the freedom to learn and perform as well as pick up skills of the marketing trade while earning a competitive salary.
Good place to get started, overall good company.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
Good Company, would recommend to anyone getting started in the job market. Good pay, flexible hours. Good training once you figure out how to use the platform.
Great working with people in a environment
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  different frocery storesAugust 19, 2018
Great work environment Casual/business dress. Fun. Had to go into retail stores and train company employees on new products. Company paid for drive time plus work time. learned about new products all the time
Pros
Working with people, casual dress, work breaks
Cons
setting up table
No Comment
Field Marketing Specialists (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
I have never interacted with any one from management in the field. All work assignments are via their app. Great support but sometimes the assignments (Call sheets) are in a strange and unhelpful order. You would have to use their app to understand what I am saying.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Not the best, not the worse. They could do much better.
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
No opportunities for growth, no matter how many times you work for them whenever you come back you are stuck at the same pay. They brag to promote from within but thats not actually true. I have lost a market manager position to an outsider more than twice. Most managers work from home remotely and offer little to no support. Some do not even answer their phones outside of their working hours even if you are calling with an emergency or something really important work related.
Pros
Independence to work on your own, pay is always on time, good online trainings
Cons
No opportunity for growth or advancement, managers not always available when needed, no job security as most projects only last 6 months to a year and then you are out of work again
Working in best buy selling canon products as a third party vendor
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2018
Overall, fun work environment. You're pretty much your own boss! Management are really easy on you and understanding. They're very helpful with just about any difficulties you may have. We would have team meetings every week, and set standards and daily refreshments to get you boosted for work. If you love flexible hours and don't mind working weekends to make extra cash. This job isnt bad at all.
Pros
Flexible hours, independent work, fun, great experience, learning new products
Cons
not enough hours, no full time schedule, contract based
Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great company to work for. Fun environment. Management cares about employees. Pay fair. Benefits available to full time employees. Fun products to represent.
Good managers are a dream, bad ones are a nightmare
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 23, 2018
I lost this job largely because a new manager couldn't get my email address correct and you live or die on email. The previous one was a dream to work with.
Horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 22, 2018
DONT accept a job with Salary as your pay. they will take advantage of you and make you work 7 days a week, 15 hours a day and tell you your salary so you must be available to work the needs of the business. You get NOTHING extra for all the extra work and if you dont do what they demand, you are threatened with loosing your job!
Pros
a job
Cons
low pay, horrible long hours
Amazing place to grow with a very engaging culture
Senior Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 18, 2018
Learned so much here and had every opportunity to grow my skill sets.

It is a fast, dynamic place where customer is King. The culture cannot be beat.

It is a very political place.
Pros
Flexibility in my job, best company culture.
Cons
Clients can be a challenge. if you don't like change, keep looking.
work
Field representative (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 14, 2018
fun place to work, everyone gets a long along very well. i would recommend the job to anyone who looking for opportunity to grow in a job and competitive as well
Never met managet
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2018
This was a short time filler job while I was looking for full employment getting back into the workplace after caring for family. Good for what it was - an hourly job
Pros
fun
Cons
low wage
Great for part time work
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 3, 2018
Majority of the years I spent at BDS Marketing was part-time going to different retail fronts to help promote, sale, and train the products they have contracts with.
Self-Satisfaction
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2018
This is a satisfying job but the company offers no benefits and no full-time. This job requires employees to use their brains to figure things out. That is why it is rewarding.
BDS Marketing
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Heath, OhioMarch 9, 2018
They hire based on need at the time. Once their needs are met, they don't care what happens to the employee. They expect management to be able to control others, and put a lot of unnecessary stress on management.
Pros
Breaks when needed
Cons
Slow paced environment
Contract Work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 5, 2018
Short contract work, try to hire part time or seasonal positions and those positions do not have healthcare and require weekend working hours. Management was helpful and respected the hard work put into the campaigns.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
not very manyfull time positions
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNMarch 2, 2018
In this job I would have to check on the internet data base for assignments and what I had to do and the time frame that I needed to do them in. I would attend online meetings or training and also input my data online.

The hardest part of the job was you did your job alone and sometimes their on call help did not always call you back right away if you had problems. Also sometimes when you needed a repair part it took awhile before you got it.

I enjoyed working with the store managers and employees.
Pros
sometimes you got to see new stuff before anyone
Cons
on calll help was some time slow and repair parts took some time
relaxed part time hours
ELITE BREAK FIX REP (Former Employee) –  Monterey Bay, CAFebruary 22, 2018
You start out scheduling the jobs you receive from the company on Sunday. You get to your work of place and check in with management. Then You start fixing any electronic displays that are not a hundred percent working or put in upgrades to display. You get a minimum of 3 days of work.
Pros
flexibal scheduling
Cons
not a lot of hours at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDS Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.