BDS Marketing Employee Reviews

Good job if it was consistent work, it would be better
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAFebruary 19, 2019
All work in the field is contract based, usually 3 months or so at a time, with a 3-6 month break with no employment. It is really hard for advancement in the company, where ever you start in the company, you stay for the most part. While working in the field you are often very micro managed.

Sales goals are very unrealistic, so just do the best you can, because the company always over promises. Which is why I believe contracts are so short.
Pros
Good work when you get it, not very hard work for what you get paid.
Cons
Work is not consistent, very rarely if at all is it full time.
it was fun
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2019
i did smart watches for these guys a while ago, it was fun. Got to travel and train a few employees, but working with these guys you gotta have a lot of confidence in selling products.
Pros
pay
Cons
could of given more hours
It's a 2nd job kind of gig.
Break-Fix (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALFebruary 1, 2019
The hours are few but I still enjoy making my own schedule and the hands on work they offer. Working on displays and getting to know your target team is pretty nice. No one ever yells at you for when you do things. At Target you must be there some time between 6:30am and 2:30pm. This is because they have a specific manager you have one on one time with. They are always happy to see you because you make there jobs easier. It's a great job but only if you need less than 15 hours a week. Example: The check i got today was $80. Check before was $300+ because I choose to drive 2 hours away and do 4 other stores for that week alone. That is the biggest yet only downside.
Pros
Basically anything else. You can make your own work times, Boss man only really calls offer more hours for that week.
Cons
Less than 15 hours a week.
Average at best.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 6, 2019
Being the only repin my state was kind of an issue all around. Funding was cut lack of sales very sudden. It's decent but nothing to make a career out of.
Pros
Freedom, very few stresses.
Cons
May not always have a contact to deal with issues or answer questions.
MOTOTROLA MARKET DEVEMOPMENT MANGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2018
Great people. Good company. Training and guidance is terrible. Management is very poor. Traveling was fun but you have no personal life. Programs get dropped without notice or resining a job.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Fun company to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 2, 2018
This hands down was one of my favorite jobs to have. I wish I didn’t let it go, and hoping to come back in the future. I didn’t know so much about computers until I started working there. There’s training and daily conferences that made me confident in my work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Sometimes the locations because of the demographics
Merchandising/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 30, 2018
Make your own schedule. Drive personal vehicle get paid training and paid for mileage and drive time. Repair, update and service the electronic displays in stores like Target, BestBuy, Walmart, etc. I had the best boss ever. Victor Long! Most understanding, informative, fair boss I have ever worked for.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Making dead lines while driving in traffic
Lots of turnover
Sr. Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 25, 2018
Most people are quite friendly. There are many departments and accounts and people can get in silos. Individuals who have been with the organization a long time tend to have a 'this-is-how-we-have-always-done-it' approach.
Pros
Normal work hours with the ability to work remotely.
Cons
Not super welcoming of people not on their account. A lot of remote managers.
Marketing Canon Cameras, Dell Computers and Samsung Appliances
Field Marketing Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 21, 2018
I love this job. We have programs that last for the season and sometimes longer. Depending on the product, I show the customer in the store the item. It could be via video and personal showing on the features and the product line. My job is to sell the products that I'm assigned to and other items for the store. Dell and Canon was at Best Buy and Samsung Appliances was at Lowe's. I took inventory every week. And our conference calls were once a week. My manager was with me every step until I was on my own. One of the greatest managers I ever had. I really enjoyed working with the store employees. I learned a lot from them. I enjoyed our conference calls that let us learn from each other and we joined Group Me for answers between us.
Pros
Talking to the customers and teaching them
Cons
Having the job end
Seasonal Position
Seasonal Product Survey Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 12, 2018
This is a great seasonal//Part-time employment. I would consider working full-time if possible. The store managers are great and so are the other members of the team.
Pros
Work on your time
Work Hard Play Hard at BDS
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2018
BDS has a great culture and will help grow your potential. The work hard play hard motto is true. We do work really hard but when you work with great people it is fun.
A great entry level job
Field Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  League City, TXSeptember 19, 2018
While the program I enrolled in was a paid 3 month long "internship", I could say that it was well worth the time. Instead of jumping into a stressful career where my every move was scrutinized, BDS Marketing gave me the freedom to learn and perform as well as pick up skills of the marketing trade while earning a competitive salary.
Good place to get started, overall good company.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
Good Company, would recommend to anyone getting started in the job market. Good pay, flexible hours. Good training once you figure out how to use the platform.
Great working with people in a environment
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  different frocery storesAugust 19, 2018
Great work environment Casual/business dress. Fun. Had to go into retail stores and train company employees on new products. Company paid for drive time plus work time. learned about new products all the time
Pros
Working with people, casual dress, work breaks
Cons
setting up table
No Comment
Field Marketing Specialists (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
I have never interacted with any one from management in the field. All work assignments are via their app. Great support but sometimes the assignments (Call sheets) are in a strange and unhelpful order. You would have to use their app to understand what I am saying.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Not the best, not the worse. They could do much better.
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
No opportunities for growth, no matter how many times you work for them whenever you come back you are stuck at the same pay. They brag to promote from within but thats not actually true. I have lost a market manager position to an outsider more than twice. Most managers work from home remotely and offer little to no support. Some do not even answer their phones outside of their working hours even if you are calling with an emergency or something really important work related.
Pros
Independence to work on your own, pay is always on time, good online trainings
Cons
No opportunity for growth or advancement, managers not always available when needed, no job security as most projects only last 6 months to a year and then you are out of work again
Working in best buy selling canon products as a third party vendor
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 18, 2018
Overall, fun work environment. You're pretty much your own boss! Management are really easy on you and understanding. They're very helpful with just about any difficulties you may have. We would have team meetings every week, and set standards and daily refreshments to get you boosted for work. If you love flexible hours and don't mind working weekends to make extra cash. This job isnt bad at all.
Pros
Flexible hours, independent work, fun, great experience, learning new products
Cons
not enough hours, no full time schedule, contract based
Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great company to work for. Fun environment. Management cares about employees. Pay fair. Benefits available to full time employees. Fun products to represent.
Good managers are a dream, bad ones are a nightmare
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 23, 2018
I lost this job largely because a new manager couldn't get my email address correct and you live or die on email. The previous one was a dream to work with.
Horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 22, 2018
DONT accept a job with Salary as your pay. they will take advantage of you and make you work 7 days a week, 15 hours a day and tell you your salary so you must be available to work the needs of the business. You get NOTHING extra for all the extra work and if you dont do what they demand, you are threatened with loosing your job!
Pros
a job
Cons
low pay, horrible long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDS Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.