BDS Marketing Employee Reviews

Horrible
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 22, 2018
DONT accept a job with Salary as your pay. they will take advantage of you and make you work 7 days a week, 15 hours a day and tell you your salary so you must be available to work the needs of the business. You get NOTHING extra for all the extra work and if you dont do what they demand, you are threatened with loosing your job!
Pros
a job
Cons
low pay, horrible long hours
Never met managet
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2018
This was a short time filler job while I was looking for full employment getting back into the workplace after caring for family. Good for what it was - an hourly job
Pros
fun
Cons
low wage
Great for part time work
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 3, 2018
Majority of the years I spent at BDS Marketing was part-time going to different retail fronts to help promote, sale, and train the products they have contracts with.
Self-Satisfaction
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2018
This is a satisfying job but the company offers no benefits and no full-time. This job requires employees to use their brains to figure things out. That is why it is rewarding.
BDS Marketing
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Heath, OhioMarch 9, 2018
They hire based on need at the time. Once their needs are met, they don't care what happens to the employee. They expect management to be able to control others, and put a lot of unnecessary stress on management.
Pros
Breaks when needed
Cons
Slow paced environment
Contract Work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 5, 2018
Short contract work, try to hire part time or seasonal positions and those positions do not have healthcare and require weekend working hours. Management was helpful and respected the hard work put into the campaigns.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
not very manyfull time positions
relaxed part time hours
ELITE BREAK FIX REP (Former Employee) –  Monterey Bay, CAFebruary 22, 2018
You start out scheduling the jobs you receive from the company on Sunday. You get to your work of place and check in with management. Then You start fixing any electronic displays that are not a hundred percent working or put in upgrades to display. You get a minimum of 3 days of work.
Pros
flexibal scheduling
Cons
not a lot of hours at times
Not really happy with them.
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Too much stress. Not much, other i didn't enjoy my time there. Management is ok. Culture, Clicky. The coworker is the hardest to deal with. going home.
bad company
{nstaller (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Bad working conditions, never at home, No or limited instructions provided, Management is slow and non responsive. Co worker non help full, Heavy competition, a lot of back stabing.
Pros
Cons
everthing
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2018
It's a great job to have one the weekends. They pay well considering the fact that you don't need any experience. They sometimes cut hours too but I did not mind because the job can be mind numbly boring. I was getting paid well and I needed some extra cash on the weekend but I wanted to quit just because the job was so boring. Also you have to really believe in the product that you are trying to push. If you make friends with the people in your work station then you will do fine.
Pros
They don't ask for much, just show up and try to push the product, they aren't strict on the quotas either.
Cons
This job made me realize that you can in fact get bored to death
It's okay.
Canon Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 22, 2018
The job was nice to work for. I sold canon products and working in Fry's electronics. It was fun being able to meet people and educate them on canon products.
Self-management is important
Dell Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJanuary 19, 2018
As a contracted brand ambassador in a retail location, the pace of the job was largely dependent on the store traffic. A typical work day consisted of tracking inventory, planning sales strategies with retail management, educating customers and employees in product knowledge, and selling my brand's products. My manager communicated mostly through text and phone and hardly came into the store since he had to manage a whole district on foot, so I had to manage myself most of the time. Overall the job was relaxed and fun.
Lots of driving
Elite Merchandiser Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2018
BDS was fair employer, just too much driving and wear and tear on your vehicle. The gas mileage reimbursement was nowhere near the actual cost of filling up. Sometimes we were hit with unexpected deadlines to meet.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Lots of driving, Lack of staffing in certain markets
Elite Merchadiser (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 15, 2018
If you are looking for supplimental income.You really get towork on your own,but have support available to you at every corner and you always have access to that support.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours.
Rough start-ONLINE SITE STINKS-Complicated process
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  TN-VA-KYJanuary 13, 2018
Was promised a quick onboard-But from the get go, was a LONG process-Since there is no local office, everything is done online, from training to Skyping to scheduling. Just getting a drug test scheduled was a major cluster! The online classes didn't operate correctly and their IT solution was to go to a library OR borrow a friends computer (same OS on both!). Once hired it took a long time to get trained and once trained was expected to start scheduling jobs immediately. Product was sitting in back stockrooms in some stores for a year, many displays had wires just hanging from them and the PMT's lay everything on you that hasn't been done or isn't working! You do a lot of background work before even hitting your first store and pay for time put in doesn't match up. Sadly, for being a company that handles electronic displays for Target, Best Buy, etc they aren't very tech savvy! But you will have to be to get anything accomplished in your stores. Lots of broken displays, products and non-working displays you will be expected to repair. Money is okay, but at the end of it, the reality is, it doesn't match up to actual hours put in! Very complicated process for scheduling jobs and you will be tracked via your phone because the GPS must be on while working and you will be using PLENTY of data of your phone while in stores. Make sure you have unlimited and no slow down after hitting a certain mark! Pay for travel is also minimal and doing the stores covers wide areas, so you end up at one store one day (NO MILEAGE) and another store on another day (again NO MILEAGE!).  more... If you could schedule them on the same day, you might get mileage, but good luck with that! Lots of travel! Be prepared to be macking out the GAS! When reaching out for support, half of the team that had been part of the onboarding have left the company and are unreachable. Turnover is HIGH! If you need money quickly, be prepared to wait! The people are nice enough, just lots of pressure to get the back log of work dealt with! Very sad! Just SO DISAPPOINTED! Wish their process was more cohesive and better organized! The people are nice enough, but things didn't add up to anything near what was promised coming aboard! I lasted 6 months and had to call it quits, my car couldn't keep making runs that are not compensated, along with hours on the road. It sounds good going in, but the reality is, a young company trying to come in out of the weeds with too complicated of a process! Maybe things will improve in time!  less
Pros
Starting pay sounded good!
Cons
Disappointed, Complicated hiring process, Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, PMT's are not happy about lack of progress on displays
On your own vendor
Elite Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2018
I drive to the first location am not paid for this
Working in store to fix and update displays for target Continuity program of BDS
Weekly conference calls
Working with hands
Knowledge of electronics and interactivity
paid for commute in between store locations
end of day emails and sync completed visits to show completion
Sunday duties set up schedule for the upcoming week subject to change flexible
Pros
self supervision, communication, support centers to bounce questions off
Cons
loner, independent, works alone
Flexible work schedule and great company
EXPERT MERCHANDISER AND LEAD (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJJanuary 1, 2018
This company is a good company to work for. They care about there employees, always eager to work with you, have a good ear, and provide ongoing training to advance your position and skills.
I would recommend this company to anyone in the merchandising field and whom ever would love to work with a great company.
Bad horrible don’t work here no hours they will tell you about 20 hours a week or more but only work about 10 sometimes less!! High mileage on yourcar
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Northwest flDecember 31, 2017
Hello I only lasted at bds marketing for about 3 months should have quit before than but stuck it out thinking things would improve but no good well first the interview process was fast everything seem to be good when I accepted work from the recruiter she offered me 80-90. Hours a month but when I finally started I end up working about 8-10 hours a week mileage was high and my mileage was bigger than my paycheck slot of wear and tear on your vehicle folks don’t apply here it’s bad!!! Very bad!! Management will throw you in and little training and expect you to cover shifts that’s other people was suppose to do management was almost never available smh I called my supervisor For help and direction never answer forcing me to call other people in the job to help me please don’t apply here hours are a joke for the type of work you do you fix displays and apply light fixtures basically what Maintience people do but for 130 or maybe 200 every two weeks not worth it might get lucky to make 300 every two weeks this company always loose people every other month due to lack of communication from managers and #1 lack of pay and no hours and no benefits
Pros
Cons
Low pay high mileage on your car pay no communication
A Great Company To Work For
Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for BDS Marketing. I was able to choose assignments in the locations I desired and there was always work to choose from. I hope to continue working with them in the future!
Pros
Great Schedules
Excellent Company
Director - Client Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2017
I work from home but my typical day is catching up on email, pulling data to analyze team performance and generate reports. I meet with my team regularly for status updates. I make time everyday to contact the client especially if we are not scheduled to meet to ensure we are in sync and their needs are being met. I am fortunate enough to travel to visit my team in the field, which is the best part of my job. The hardest part is not always knowing if the client is going to renew your contract, it can be a bit unnerving.
Pros
Great work environment & leadership
Cons
Limited career advancement for remote employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BDS Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.