Be Relax Employee Reviews

Massage therapist at the Detroit Airport
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 9, 2019
I was hired when the second location was open at the Detroit Airport. I just recently left to concentrate on school to become a Physical Therapist. The spa was a great place to work at.
Poor management
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2019
The run around with management (communication barrier)and no raises for employees. You have to work long shifts to make some money as a cosmetologist. Massage is the best fit for this business, if that's what your licensed to do.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, long hours, must do massage
Airport life
Supervisor and lead therapist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2018
Be Relax has waves of being really busy with clients or retail services. Followed by dull slow moments filled with cleaning and standing around welcoming passengers.
Pros
When it's busy time flies by.
Cons
When it's slow, sometimes you run out of things to clean.
Love working at airport not at be relax
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2018
Be relax should be relaxing but it's the complete opposite. Been a employee for almost 4 years was great at first but went down hill as time went by. Everyone is quiting, poor management, hardly any supplies, noone cleans up after themselves, loud environment (airport). The only pro working here is the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks, loud environment, lazy coworkers
fast pace but fun
Massage Therapist/Cosmetologist/Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2018
It is a great environment to work in, fast pace but fun. If you are a peoples person it is a great place to meet people of different cultures. Like to have fun while you work, this is the place to be the pay is not so good and the management is not great or the best.
Pros
fun
Cons
management
Good Place to Work
Human Resource Manager - North America (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2018
Be Relax is a good place to start your career. There is lots of training and the culture is fun and productive.

At Be Relax people learn as they grow which prepares them for all of the fun activity and tasks to accommodate our clients.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Friendly & Luxurious atmosphere, Career Growth
Benefits
Management has no clue how to manage goid workers
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2018
The GM picks the supervisor's rhat have no experience in sypervision. Treat best workers worse than the lazy workers. Karma will be coming soon to them all..
Pros
A job
Cons
Supervisors lie directly to your face as if you are a child.
Official response from Be Relax
June 8, 2018

Dear Current Employee,

We are very sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your working experience with Be Relax.

Be Relax is evolving very fast and we are working hard to improve our relationships with our current team members and our working environment.

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Be Relax Team

Toxic work environment. Nepotism. Lack of trust amongst employees.
MT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2018
Every employee complains about this place, so much so that clients listen and comment on it. Employees speak poorly about each other when one's not there yet smile to their face. I have worked in many spas before this one and have never seen such a toxic, distrustful work environment.. Nothing is done to encourage comradeship among employees, nor are the issues affecting the employee work environment are addressed. The schedule changes without employee notice. Nepotism in admin and management.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Be Relax
June 8, 2018

Dear Current Employee,

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your work experience at Be Relax. We strive to provide a nice and pleasant environment to our employees and we like them to feel blooming in their jobs.

Be Relax is evolving very fast and we are working hard to improve our working relationships.

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Be Relax Team

Fun place to work.
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jfk terminal 5January 11, 2017
I like to work with travelers and tourist, besides that its busy and money is good. Staff is helpful and very professional, I worked flexible ours which is a plus.
Pros
Decent people.
Cons
Nothing.
It was an okay place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Linthicum, MDDecember 9, 2015
The spa was slow and busy, that really depended on the day. As long as you up-sell EVERYTHING, you'll make good money. Working at the airport could be very exciting on most days. The workers were diverse in many ways.
Chances to meet a lot of different people.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  BWI, MarylandSeptember 29, 2015
Just to get into work takes forever going through security Hours of operation can be demanding. Compensation could be a lot better. Management just sees dollar signs and not concerned about their employees
Pros
Networking is a lot easier
Cons
no room for growth or steady paychecks
Nice working environment and nice people
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 25, 2015
In a small firm like Be Relax, I had the chance to undertake various different tasks including book keeping, tax filing, accounts reconciliation, financial reporting, etc. This is a challenge, but it is also a good opportunity to learn new skills. Because of the simple structure of the firm, I had a lot chance to report to C-level management. Another interesting part of the internship is that because the firm's global headquarter is in Paris, we have a lot of chance to get in touch with the CFO and controllers in France. This makes this accounting internship a very special experience.
Nightmare job
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2014
management was a joke
numerous broken sanitation laws
horrible hours
low compensation pay only
no benefits
Pros
Cons
location, pay, hours, management
Fun workplace with self motivated co-workers that are willing to do their best to assist their clients
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 31, 2012
business are steady
learned to be a good sells person, improving my communication
the hardest part of the job is to actually go and engage with clients to bring their interest in getting a massage.
the most enjoyable part of the job is being around co-workers that are willing to help each other throughout the day weather its ringing someone up for them, having a question about how or what they should do to make their massage more relaxing, experimenting on each other...etc
Pros
differnt clients most of the time, different variety of body types
Cons
short breaks
Young company and a great business
Development Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2012
Be Relax provides massage and well-being services within worldwide airports. Working within airports is very specific but very enriching.

The company is blooming and developing worlwide, therefore there's always a lot to do: new products, new locations, new teams ...