Be the Match Employee Reviews

fun work place
Service Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 1, 2018
I worked in infrustructure and it was a really good experience for me, it started off hard because I didn't know anything about IT but everyone around me was very helpful and open to making sure I was comfortable with my position
Smug Culture
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJuly 12, 2018
I worked at the NMDP Biorepository as a lab tech. The tasks that were asked of me were mind numbing and required little intellectual strength. Despite the stagnite nature of the tasks, this was not the main reason I believe this was one of the worst places I have ever worked. My coworkers were some of the most smug stuck up group of woman I have ever worked with. Coworkers didn't care to know your name if you're a new hire. Just another body in their way. Managers trusted their word over new hires. I have a lot of patience and my only regret is that I never told any of these people off before I left.
Pros
I am no longer there.
Cons
Smug culture, managers have favorites, terrible pay, mind numbing tasks
so great
Public Health Internship (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 12, 2018
Loved interning with Be The Match. All of the staff I worked with had such great communication with me throughout the whole process and within everything that was done. This is such an amazing organization and I truly believe that they are having such a huge impact on the world and those who are affected by blood disorders and diseases each day.
It's a great place to work.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2018
Be the match is a fantastic place to work. The management culture is exceptional. Each person at work is mission orientated and driven to help others. It makes for a very nice work environment.
Great Employees
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 10, 2018
I only volunteered with this company, however workers seemed to be well educated and lively. The woman I worked with was a go-getter and was very personal.
Customer service
Member services coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 14, 2018
Placed calls to potential donors to obtain missing information
Helped with Spanish calls
Placed follow up calls to ensure the potential donor’s questions were answered
Answered and resolved questions/complaints a potential donor may have had
Date entry
Worked with upper management to ensure appropriate changes were being made to improve customer service satisfaction.
Great experience!!!!
Health Administrator Assitant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
-The staff was amazing, everyone was enjoyable to work with.
-It was a very fast paced work environment.
-I enjoyed working in the blood center because it allowed me to have a new task daily.
Be the Match is your typical High School environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2017
It felt like High School all over again, a lot of backstabbing and favoritism combined with a mixture of snubbing and you got the most horrible work environment you can ever have.

Drama is typical along with saving money, AKA no overtime, oh wait you can get overtime if the unsupervised management favors you.

Training is kindergarten appropriate, your opinion does not matter, and all you need to do is show up every day to keep your job and put up with the stress of having unhelpful and mentally disturbed co-workers that yell at the top of their lungs when something does not go according to their whims.
Pros
You control your breaks
Cons
High School drama and backstabbing, your ideas are not important unless you are an actual doctor or nurse.
A great place to work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 24, 2017
There are exciting changes happening. A focus on improving and replacing IT systems across the company, cross-functional continuous improvement projects, and a new dynamic CEO.
Pros
Forward thinking, collaborative.
Cons
Downtown location, parking fees and limited convient options.
Worked well as a Temp
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST ROBERT HALF (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2017
I went through a temp agency and was assigned two positions in the corporate headquarters in Minneapolis and it was just wonderful. Everyone there was so nice and helpful. As a non-profit everyone who is there cares deeply about the cause and put in a LOT of hard work and has a lot of fun while doing it.
Great friendly place to work at
CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
Be The Match works as a team to achieve one goal. The team are all very friendly and helpful. Therefore, it makes coming to work each day very enjoyable.
A non-profit company that has the benefits of a for-profit company
Payables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 8, 2017
I worked in the finance department. I would do data entry with paper claims and add them into our software. The hardest part of the job was using the software as it was 18 years old, not very efficient, and easy to make mistakes. The most enjoyable part was listening to music/videos on YouTube since they did not block that website on the computer. Human Resources is also very understanding and will work with you if you have a need or concern.
Pros
Generous Time Off, New Laptop Provided
Cons
Unstructured Training, Software from 1990's
Saving LIVES feels good, but management feels bad!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2017
saving lives feels good but management always makes you feel bad. Only the top 3% get increases or promotions, the others get bad reviews or hauled out the door.
Pros
New building
Cons
Management whom are often "forcing" in nature or often less experienced than worker bees.
Professional and rewarding mission based organization
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2017
Fast paced challenging environment that was mutually beneficial utilizing my strengths and skills. Process efficiency projects and interdepartmental collaboration was strongly encouraged. My greatest enjoyment was developing and mentoring staff to success.
Engaging job full of community exposure
Community Engagement Intern (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 28, 2016
Working as a Community Engagement Specialist, the majority of my internship centered around meeting recruiting goals without compromising on donor loyalty. Co-workers and auxiliary staff, regardless of role, work as a team to accomplish goals and operate the entire program on a shoestring budget. Camaraderie is phenomenal, and it's rewarding to see your work lead to saving lives.
Pros
Great experience, opportunity to make a difference, great community of coworkers
Cons
Poor benefits, overworked-and-underpaid type jobs
Volunteer
Activities/ Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAApril 24, 2016
I did not actually work for this business, instead I used their name for a bone marrow drive I put on for my senior project my senior year of high school.
Strong Mission Focus and Rewarding work
Lead, Donor Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Be The Match. The management in my department cared greatly about our development and success.

The best part of the job is the team work feeling. Everyone there has the same ultimate goal driving their work.
fun place to work
Part- time Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 3, 2015
a very fun environment to work and volunteer. its very educational and compassionate about their employees and patients.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
n/a
Great company to help out
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 14, 2015
If you enjoy volunteering this is a great cause and a great company to help out. It just requires people to be willing to set aside some of their own time to help out others. There is no medical training required and all it takes is a good attitude.
Project Accountant
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2015
Overall managed multiple projects associated with multiple project managers. Assisted with monthly project billings, client inquires, assist with PM financials.