Be the Match Employee Reviews

We save lives through cellular therapy
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2018
I would love to apply for other positions, but there is not a lot of opportunity to move around in the company if you do not have a Bachelor's degree.
Everyone else enjoys flexibility except the lowest positions
Contact Representative I, Be The Match (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 17, 2018
I would probably enjoy Be The Match more if I didn't work in the call center, they are the lowest paid and have the least flexibility. It's a great mission but the people at the bottom are overworked and don't enjoy the same benefits the rest of the company does.
Pros
flexibility for some
Cons
rigid culture
Exciting place to work with a great life-saving mission
Medical Writer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2018
Top-notch colleagues with a high degree of professionalism is what makes Be The Match a great place to work. And a life-saving mission to boot!

Employees are dedicated to the mission, and are extremely smart and exciting to work with.
Pros
Great colleagues.
Cons
Management is undergoing stress related to a shift in business emphasis.
fun work place
Service Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 1, 2018
I worked in infrustructure and it was a really good experience for me, it started off hard because I didn't know anything about IT but everyone around me was very helpful and open to making sure I was comfortable with my position
An incredible mission
Administrative Assistant, Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for this Organization knowing the mission of helping to save lives. Every employee had the same bottom line goal in mind which is what can we do to help save more lives.
Smug Culture
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJuly 12, 2018
I worked at the NMDP Biorepository as a lab tech. The tasks that were asked of me were mind numbing and required little intellectual strength. Despite the stagnite nature of the tasks, this was not the main reason I believe this was one of the worst places I have ever worked. My coworkers were some of the most smug stuck up group of woman I have ever worked with. Coworkers didn't care to know your name if you're a new hire. Just another body in their way. Managers trusted their word over new hires. I have a lot of patience and my only regret is that I never told any of these people off before I left.
Pros
I am no longer there.
Cons
Smug culture, managers have favorites, terrible pay, mind numbing tasks
so great
Public Health Internship (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 12, 2018
Loved interning with Be The Match. All of the staff I worked with had such great communication with me throughout the whole process and within everything that was done. This is such an amazing organization and I truly believe that they are having such a huge impact on the world and those who are affected by blood disorders and diseases each day.
It's a great place to work.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 24, 2018
Be the match is a fantastic place to work. The management culture is exceptional. Each person at work is mission orientated and driven to help others. It makes for a very nice work environment.
Excellent place to work
Out of all of the places I've worked, National Marrow Donor Program/Be the Match is without question the best employer. They truly care about their employees and are extremely flexible. Everyone is mission orientated and it's a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Many perks
Cons
Might not pay very well for some positions
Great Employees
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 10, 2018
I only volunteered with this company, however workers seemed to be well educated and lively. The woman I worked with was a go-getter and was very personal.
Customer service
Member services coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 14, 2018
Placed calls to potential donors to obtain missing information
Helped with Spanish calls
Placed follow up calls to ensure the potential donor’s questions were answered
Answered and resolved questions/complaints a potential donor may have had
Date entry
Worked with upper management to ensure appropriate changes were being made to improve customer service satisfaction.
Disorganized
Consultant - Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 23, 2018
No long term planning
No flexibility
Low pay compared to similar role at other companies
Project Managers are over-bearing and do not have realistic project expectations
Pros
Cons
Zero flexibility
Stong team spirit but 18 bosses
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2018
I was there18 years and my team was just like a family! I learned so many things there. I really am a better person. But, on the downside, I had as many supervisors as years served!
Pros
Team member were a pleasure to work with
Cons
Turnover rate was high. Especially in managment
Great experience!!!!
Health Administrator Assitant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2017
-The staff was amazing, everyone was enjoyable to work with.
-It was a very fast paced work environment.
-I enjoyed working in the blood center because it allowed me to have a new task daily.
Be the Match is your typical High School environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 12, 2017
It felt like High School all over again, a lot of backstabbing and favoritism combined with a mixture of snubbing and you got the most horrible work environment you can ever have.

Drama is typical along with saving money, AKA no overtime, oh wait you can get overtime if the unsupervised management favors you.

Training is kindergarten appropriate, your opinion does not matter, and all you need to do is show up every day to keep your job and put up with the stress of having unhelpful and mentally disturbed co-workers that yell at the top of their lungs when something does not go according to their whims.
Pros
You control your breaks
Cons
High School drama and backstabbing, your ideas are not important unless you are an actual doctor or nurse.
IT staff attached to Finance department
Financial Application Programmer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 24, 2017
My duties were IT related dues in the Finance department. As application programmer, Report developer, System support staff for Finance crew, Trainer and systems amintainance
Pros
Great company and people to work with
Cons
Fully relied on Funding from government agencies and the Navy
A great place to work.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 24, 2017
There are exciting changes happening. A focus on improving and replacing IT systems across the company, cross-functional continuous improvement projects, and a new dynamic CEO.
Pros
Forward thinking, collaborative.
Cons
Downtown location, parking fees and limited convient options.
Good career foundation
Biorepository Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 14, 2017
Good career foundation - ideal environment to develop Good Laboratory Technique (GLT), Aseptic Technique, and organizational skills. Clean and relaxed work environment.
Worked well as a Temp
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST ROBERT HALF (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2017
I went through a temp agency and was assigned two positions in the corporate headquarters in Minneapolis and it was just wonderful. Everyone there was so nice and helpful. As a non-profit everyone who is there cares deeply about the cause and put in a LOT of hard work and has a lot of fun while doing it.
Great friendly place to work at
CONTACT REPRESENTATIVE 1 (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2017
Be The Match works as a team to achieve one goal. The team are all very friendly and helpful. Therefore, it makes coming to work each day very enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Be the Match. Our community is ready to answer.