Beach Hut Deli Employee Reviews

Fun environment, good people.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 21, 2019
I enjoyed beach hut but not a job that will take you anywhere unless you know the right people and plan on owning your own beach hut someday. Great job if you are going to school.
Free Food
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 8, 2019
You get a free sandwich at the end of your shift. But you have to memorize all the sandwiches in 2 weeks. You have to multi-task a lot because it gets really busy but other than that it's really chill
Laidback work place, lots of business on busy days
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 22, 2019
Overall I really enjoyed working at beach hut deli other than some managing issues. The atmosphere was very comforting and fun to work with your coworkers.
Fun place to work at
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJune 14, 2019
Fun atmosphere but low pay and not alot of hours. Great management and very loyal customers. Great for a first job or college student but not a career you could make a living off of.
Fun experience with fun people
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJune 8, 2019
My experience at beach hut deli was good with a lot of fun people. Everyone there was super nice and professional and my boss was very understanding and very supportive.
Pros
Fun and professional
Cons
A lot of drama
fun work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAJune 2, 2019
Fun and laid back work environment. One of the least stressful jobs I have had. The coworkers were amazing and made the experience working there even better.
Experience
Food Handler/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2019
My overall experience at beach hut deli was really exciting . I looked forward to working everyday . Everyone had a very upbeat attitude and it makes everyone feel welcome.
Pros
Great job to gain income and experience
Cons
No cons
Fun loving work environment, with some flaws involving management and organization.
Food Server/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CA/ San Diego, CAApril 19, 2019
I love my role and coworkers, but I’ve come to a point where there are no longer growth opportunities on my team. I’m motivated by a lot of factors, and client satisfaction as well as peer and manager approval are at the top of the list. But making coworkers and customers enjoy their experience is also a motivator for me and I’m excited about the opportunity to sell a product I’m passionate about, exceed my targets and celebrate when I’ve surpassed my goals. From my research about this opportunity, I can see that the position is a better fit.
Pros
Good work environment, and wonderful co-workers, they worked well with scheduling around my school hours as well.
Cons
Unorganized at times with pay, being short staffed, also they need to have proper training as a whole
stressful work environment
FOOD SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 10, 2019
manager did not manage well. Picked favorites and they were treated differently.
Many times, if could feel as if you were part of a hostile work environment.
calm workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, CAFebruary 5, 2019
It was a very calm work place. The other employees were very kind. We would get discounted food. The manager was very rude though, and disrespectful. She would suck the joy out of the air.
Beach vibe and fun atmosphere
Food Maker, cashier, supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Beach hut is a family oriented place and when you walk in you immediately feel welcomed but there was no room for growth and I needed to make more financially. Everyone was close and it is a really great first job for many.
nice and easy to work wtih
Sandwich Artist and Cashier and Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 15, 2019
good for school
the hours are easy to work with
nice manager and great coworkers
it has good beer
the food is good
easy to learn
easy menu
decent tips
Pros
discounts and not to stressful
Awesome
Sever and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CADecember 22, 2018
Great place to work amazing job great people probably the best job I have ever had however I just believe that I have to make these reviews are just super stupid.
Awkward environment
Slicer Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 6, 2018
A typical day at work is fast-paced, and unorganized. I learned how to deal with a stressful work place. The management was okay, but not the best. The culture of the workplace was fake.
Fun place to work while gaining great experience
Shift Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJuly 29, 2018
Beach Hut Deli is a great place to work. The atmosphere is fun and all the employees that you work with are team oriented and make the day to day activities enjoyable. I was able to develop great customer skills and the owner's take pride in training and employee recognition.
Pros
Employee Collaboration/Appreciation Nights
Cons
On your feet for a good portion of the day
Work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2018
The job itself was fun and enjoyable. The management needed improvements to succeed in this business. As a first time jobber, I w would recommend applying.
Fun place to work
Team member (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2018
The job was fairly simple. It could get quite fast-paced during rushes but it was always well managed. Co-workers were friendly and easy to collaborate with.
beach hut deli
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 1, 2018
great work environment
great hours
takes care of their employees
lots of oppourtunity
fun and quick paced
great food and music during your shift
loved working here
Is alright
Front of House (Going to quit) (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJanuary 20, 2018
Overall it’s a nice laid-back environment I just was getting terrible pay . In other words I just wasn’t too fond of the way things functioned a lot of things were micromanaged and didn’t really seem like they were consistent pay periods seemed to Varaiya ties from time to time and I feel like if it was time for a change environment
its a great place to start as a bartender
Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I had no experience working as a bartender but they taught me and helped me to be more comfortable behind the bar. It's also a great job to have while you are in school. They are willing to work around your schedule.