Beachbody Employee Reviews

Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work and environment is amazing. they provide a great atmosphere to enjoy your job and be healthy and motivated. Always looking for ways to grow and innovate.
Positive environment and great people
Front End Developer/UI Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
I would describe my overall experience a time growing pains during a period of rapid growth. In the beginning, it was fun and felt like family and as the company grew it became more serious and things started to get lost. My lesson is not particularly tied to Beachbody but I prided myself on being able to adapt and take on different challenges. During my time, I went through five different managers and went from Designer to Front End Dev. Towards the end, I started feeling out of place and working on things that did not suit me. I am not sure what it's like now, but I also remember the company being locked into some old and painful platforms. I would still recommend Beachbody as a place to work because of the environment and the perks.
Pros
Positive environment, perks and occasional parties
Cons
A bit marketing heavy on the marketing side
Amazing.
Insanity Instructor and Fitness Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
You have the option to do anything you want nothing is obligated there is always customers because the company is so big. Great as a part time job for sure !
Great place
TEAM LEAD/CSR (Former Employee) –  El segundoJune 19, 2018
Considering I had never heard of this company until my first day at work. I have to say that This is without a doubt the most structured, easy, relaxed, and well balanced place I have ever worked! They are a company that truly believes you do your best when you look and feel your best. They equip you with all the tools and knowledge required to succeed, and the vibe is so....ahhh...relaxing. Management doesn’t walk around like they’re entitled or better than everyone treats and acts the same as everyone.
Pros
Cons
Early morning hours
Insecurity, Favoritism, Greed
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 8, 2018
Typically, layoffs every two years with the promise of brighter horizons. 2016 started the year off with horrible management that fostered in a round of layoffs in 2017, then a second round of layoffs in 2018. But this is nothing new at Beachbody, the founders typically construct these layoffs continually to help their bottom line.

There is blatant favoritism in the ranks. One person consistently shows up on time, works extra hours to meet deadlines, is ultra dependable and is laid off. A second person shows up "whenever", sits on work for months because he/she doesn't want to do it, spends half the time talking to people and then... their job is saved just because the manager may like their personality a little more. Or perhaps the manager likes their gender and race more.

If you are not careful, you can be really messed with financially. One person may get hired on at $90,000 yr. and yet another may get hired in at $50,000 yr. Yet, they have comparable experience and do the exact same job.

This is a typical company that you do not want to invest in. Stay there for a year, maybe two, then get out!
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
No security, rare promotion in some departments, unreasonable expectations
Great Company for out-of-the-home fitness job
COACH (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIMay 26, 2018
Beachbody is a "work at your own pace' type job. You get out what you put in. If you sell a lot of exercise packages or Shakeology orders, then you receive a decent compensation. The hardest part of the job is finding customers and maintaining your own small business. The most enjoyable part is learning more about fitness and nutrition while also assisting other people to become more healthy and improve their lives.
Pros
discounts on products, work at your own pace
Cons
maintaining your own business, obtaining new customers
company on its last legs
Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa MonicaMay 23, 2018
Nobody has any idea how the company can move forward. Massive layoffs for the last two years. Absolutely no direction. Absolutely no one is interested in anyone's opinion except the CEO and his original idea is no longer viable (nobody watches infomercials anymore). Unbelievable political environment that makes working here awful. Too many other jobs in the world to take one here.
Pros
free bananas; otherwise, none
Cons
worst work envirnment you can imagine
Good people, bad leadership
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 8, 2018
Good people, bad leadership - tech department led by marketers. Layoffs every year. Lots of legacy systems and code. ...............................................................,.....
great place to work
Chargeback Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 7, 2018
positive work environment, great co-workers, understood work requirements. Good upper management, great benefits, great hours and the opportunity for over time.
Pros
great training
Cons
pay
Hope it survives
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 1, 2018
Has the makings of a great company, and was heading there until it wasn't. There are a lot of smart people who care about what they're doing. The culture has a lot of positive aspects, but like any company, there are some pitfalls like politics and cliques.
Cool perks but company lacks direction
Operations (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 11, 2018
CEO is very hands on and at times and makes decisions based on personal thoughts not through expert opinions. The culture of the company is great with perks.
Pros
Gym, snacks
Cons
CEO is too hands on
no comment
Creative Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 5, 2018
I really would not wish to comment on a place like this as there are not enough words to describe it. A whole book would be needed followed by many more volumes thereafter.
Pros
compensation
Cons
everything else.
Fun place to work.
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 21, 2018
Fun workplace with full gym and fruit provided. Different shifts and times available for work. Company is very generous. Ever changing environment involves growth pains and unexpected adjustments, many times without any warning.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Constantly changing.
Great home job
Coach\Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2018
I love working for beachbody and all of the opportunities it presents. I am able to control my own schedule and how much I earn is based off of how much work i put into my job. It is a great way to work from home while still having a life, including a full time job elsewhere.
Not a Great Technology Company
Permanent. Sr.Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 3, 2018
Company has a nice atmosphere. Free Shakes, Snacks, Coffee and Fruits. Gym on Site and decent benefits package. Unlimited PTO and as it may seem to many as a positive it was actually a negative as you don't get compensated if you don't use your days and it's subject to manager's approval. Leadership overestimates Growth. Cost accounting doesn't exist and they frequently find them selves having to cut cost later by Laying off people. Layoffs are very frequent almost once every year and in the last year alone we had 2 layoffs 9 months apart. Company Revenue is declining as nearly 80% of the business revenue is concentrated on the shakelogy product . Many Managers and VPs in the technology Department don't encourage employee growth. no paid training as part of the cost cutting process. no Real Direction to as where the department is going or trying to accomplish. Corporate Politics is very common at Beachbody and many hiring and firing decisions are made based on personal relationships and how much your manage likes you rather than your qualifications or skill set.
Every role is a temporary one
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 1, 2018
Beachbody has two major problems; it’s People Dept and ICT. Senior staff have been promoted over the years just because of time served, not because they are partIcularly skilful. I could not recommend Beachbody to potential new recruits.
Pros
Nice offices, free shakes.
Cons
Lack of career prospects, always feeling you could be laid off.
Strong Brand Image
Independent Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYFebruary 28, 2018
Beachbody is a strong brand and being an independent coach is great when you want flexibility and scheduling on your own terms. Product is great and always changing.
Working under micro managing
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 26, 2018
For the most part my time at Beachbody was very enjoyable a long with being a very fast paced work environment. I was able to build on skills that I already had so that I could perform my job task to the best and beyond my abilities. When I first started there the management was great but along the way new managers came in and created a much more stressful atmosphere. I would rate the management there now average to poor due to micro managing and threats of employment. What I enjoyed most.. .
Interesting place to work
Corporate Escalation Agent (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Never boring. always changing. good at work benefits, gym, snacks. Sometimes crazy environment. No two days are ever the same. Very political environment.
Productive and fun place to work with a foosball table.
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Leadership encouraged employees at all levels to participate in various work-related and non-work related programs in an effort to establish a close knit community at the office,
Pros
Lots of great ways to stay active and fit
Cons
The commute was very far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beachbody. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight