Beachbody Employee Reviews

Nice little work place. Fun environment most days.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 7, 2019
BeachBody was a great company to work for. No real complaints with the customer service representative position. Pay was decent and the management was decent as well.
Good Work Life Balance
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Management could be better but overall good. The workplace culture is good in the headquarters office but not the same in the other offices. Management could do a better job of keeping their people with compensation.
Flexible
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 3, 2019
You get what you put into it. If you want money, you have to put in the time and effort to make it. You have to reach out to strangers regarding their health and wellness goals and hope that they believe in what you're selling. In order to make money, you have to build your team and have a consistent client base. That means you have to be on the computer several hours a day making contact with new and current clients. You have to utilize social media to its full potential to help promote not only you but the company as well. The conferences are amazing! The community of people that are there for you to help you succeed are amazing! The amount of resources available to the employees are awesome! If you want a flexible job and you are an outgoing person, you can do really well in this company.
Pros
flexible
Cons
time consuming if you want to make any money
Love helping people
Coach/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 3, 2018
I enjoy helping people by just showing my journey online. couldnt ask for a better team. it takes money to make money so the time you invest is how much money you will make.
Great products and people
Coach, Consultant, Sales (Current Employee) –  HomeNovember 23, 2018
I love the products at Beachbody because I've used them and know they work. You get to meet great people within the company as well as meeting new people that are looking for your services and products.
good place to work, not so great management
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 15, 2018
okay to work there with perks including working out during work-hours.
culture was good before they lost morale with rounds of layoffs.
poor management
Worklife Balance
Data/Business Intelligence Manager. (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 6, 2018
I have been working in beachbody since from 7 years. I like the beachbody culture and worklife balance at beachbody. Learned lot of new things at beachbody.
Good company but there is favoritism
Network Promotions Agent (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 9, 2018
Work day is 8 hours. I learned how to communicate with people effectively via email, chat, or in person. Management has a lot of favoritism and only allows people that they like to advance in their career. Workplace culture is lax. The hardest part of the job is dealing with managers' behavior, they do not have people skills whatsoever. My immediate coworkers were the best!
Pros
Benefits and perks
Cons
Favoritism
It's not for everyone ...
Independent Team Beachbody Coach (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 25, 2018
If you are willing to put in the over time work in the beginning, it will be worth it before you even know it. Just dig in, stick with the basics but don't be afraid to take your own lead and follow your own intuition.
Ok place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 24, 2018
Beachbody was a great place to work up until they hired new upper management from AXP. The new management was cold and unapproachable. They placed layers of underlings in between which is bad because the upper management relied on them for feedback regarding the employees. One manager in particular would lie to the VP of customer service in order to secure her place at the company. I had also gotten feedback they had meetings in which they talked about the employees which is necessary but it became a gossip session which I felt was unprofessional.
Pros
gym on site
Cons
Promotion not based on merit
Independent work
Online fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Beachbody does not have an actual facility, it's something that anyone can sign up to do. If you are driven by health and fitness then you will do great. You work your own hours, anywhere anytime you'd like. You help others join beachbody and you train customers who want to become coaches your same techniques.
Love the products and the culture
Certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 18, 2018
I learned so much about taking care of my internal and external health through Beachbody products, support groups, and coaching. I also learned quite a bit about social media marketing, business ownership, and the importance of collaborative teamwork. I love the products and use them daily.
Pros
Products
Fun and easy for a part time job
Independent Beachbody Coach (Former Employee) –  Cross River, NYAugust 13, 2018
I was an Independeny Coach and worked for myself under the Beachbody Company. It was a great part time job with a ton of flexibilty, working from home and great for some extra income.
Pros
Easy, flexible
Cons
Didn't pay much
Life experience
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Hogansville, GAAugust 7, 2018
I really enjoyed being my own boss, working my own hours, and the diversity of people I was in contact with on a daily basis. This was a wonderful start off job for an individual to spread their wings and make the business fly. It is a make or break scenario. I have always enjoyed challenges on any job.
The only draw back that I found was that they did not provide insurance as a company. They also had no retirement funding. These are both things I needed to consider as I age.
The overall assessment I have from them is that they provided me the opportunity to advance my knowledge about my self and help me to grow farther in my life. I was able to see areas that needed improvement or that I needed to enhance.
I would defiantly recommend this business to anyone as a personal learning experience.
Pros
owner, set own hours, working independant
Cons
no health, life or dental insurance. No retirement
Commission
Personal Fitness Beachbody Coach (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 1, 2018
You work on commission when your a beachbody trainer. If you didn't have the time or the follow through you would have to make up for what you were getting deducted each month.
Amazing work community that allows your own growth
Lifestyle and Nutrition Coach (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLJuly 30, 2018
This company is very unique. It's completely up to you how far you want your business to go. I'm hoping that soon it will be a majority of my income. I am improvibg my own health everyday while helping others do the same. It's an incredible way to make a side hustle or to create a full time career.
Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work and environment is amazing. they provide a great atmosphere to enjoy your job and be healthy and motivated. Always looking for ways to grow and innovate.
Positive environment and great people
Front End Developer/UI Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
I would describe my overall experience a time growing pains during a period of rapid growth. In the beginning, it was fun and felt like family and as the company grew it became more serious and things started to get lost. My lesson is not particularly tied to Beachbody but I prided myself on being able to adapt and take on different challenges. During my time, I went through five different managers and went from Designer to Front End Dev. Towards the end, I started feeling out of place and working on things that did not suit me. I am not sure what it's like now, but I also remember the company being locked into some old and painful platforms. I would still recommend Beachbody as a place to work because of the environment and the perks.
Pros
Positive environment, perks and occasional parties
Cons
A bit marketing heavy on the marketing side
Amazing.
Insanity Instructor and Fitness Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
You have the option to do anything you want nothing is obligated there is always customers because the company is so big. Great as a part time job for sure !
Great place
TEAM LEAD/CSR (Former Employee) –  El segundoJune 19, 2018
Considering I had never heard of this company until my first day at work. I have to say that This is without a doubt the most structured, easy, relaxed, and well balanced place I have ever worked! They are a company that truly believes you do your best when you look and feel your best. They equip you with all the tools and knowledge required to succeed, and the vibe is so....ahhh...relaxing. Management doesn’t walk around like they’re entitled or better than everyone treats and acts the same as everyone.
Pros
Cons
Early morning hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beachbody. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight