Beachbody Employee Reviews

Worklife Balance
Data/Business Intelligence Manager. (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 6, 2018
I have been working in beachbody since from 7 years. I like the beachbody culture and worklife balance at beachbody. Learned lot of new things at beachbody.
Good company but there is favoritism
Network Promotions Agent (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 9, 2018
Work day is 8 hours. I learned how to communicate with people effectively via email, chat, or in person. Management has a lot of favoritism and only allows people that they like to advance in their career. Workplace culture is lax. The hardest part of the job is dealing with managers' behavior, they do not have people skills whatsoever. My immediate coworkers were the best!
Pros
Benefits and perks
Cons
Favoritism
It's not for everyone ...
Independent Team Beachbody Coach (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 25, 2018
If you are willing to put in the over time work in the beginning, it will be worth it before you even know it. Just dig in, stick with the basics but don't be afraid to take your own lead and follow your own intuition.
Ok place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 24, 2018
Beachbody was a great place to work up until they hired new upper management from AXP. The new management was cold and unapproachable. They placed layers of underlings in between which is bad because the upper management relied on them for feedback regarding the employees. One manager in particular would lie to the VP of customer service in order to secure her place at the company. I had also gotten feedback they had meetings in which they talked about the employees which is necessary but it became a gossip session which I felt was unprofessional.
Pros
gym on site
Cons
Promotion not based on merit
Independent work
Online fitness Coach (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Beachbody does not have an actual facility, it's something that anyone can sign up to do. If you are driven by health and fitness then you will do great. You work your own hours, anywhere anytime you'd like. You help others join beachbody and you train customers who want to become coaches your same techniques.
Love the products and the culture
Certified Personal Trainer and Health Coach (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 18, 2018
I learned so much about taking care of my internal and external health through Beachbody products, support groups, and coaching. I also learned quite a bit about social media marketing, business ownership, and the importance of collaborative teamwork. I love the products and use them daily.
Pros
Products
Fun and easy for a part time job
Independent Beachbody Coach (Former Employee) –  Cross River, NYAugust 13, 2018
I was an Independeny Coach and worked for myself under the Beachbody Company. It was a great part time job with a ton of flexibilty, working from home and great for some extra income.
Pros
Easy, flexible
Cons
Didn't pay much
Life experience
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Hogansville, GAAugust 7, 2018
I really enjoyed being my own boss, working my own hours, and the diversity of people I was in contact with on a daily basis. This was a wonderful start off job for an individual to spread their wings and make the business fly. It is a make or break scenario. I have always enjoyed challenges on any job.
The only draw back that I found was that they did not provide insurance as a company. They also had no retirement funding. These are both things I needed to consider as I age.
The overall assessment I have from them is that they provided me the opportunity to advance my knowledge about my self and help me to grow farther in my life. I was able to see areas that needed improvement or that I needed to enhance.
I would defiantly recommend this business to anyone as a personal learning experience.
Pros
owner, set own hours, working independant
Cons
no health, life or dental insurance. No retirement
Commission
Personal Fitness Beachbody Coach (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 1, 2018
You work on commission when your a beachbody trainer. If you didn't have the time or the follow through you would have to make up for what you were getting deducted each month.
Amazing work community that allows your own growth
Lifestyle and Nutrition Coach (Current Employee) –  Englewood, FLJuly 30, 2018
This company is very unique. It's completely up to you how far you want your business to go. I'm hoping that soon it will be a majority of my income. I am improvibg my own health everyday while helping others do the same. It's an incredible way to make a side hustle or to create a full time career.
Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work and environment is amazing. they provide a great atmosphere to enjoy your job and be healthy and motivated. Always looking for ways to grow and innovate.
Positive environment and great people
Front End Developer/UI Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
I would describe my overall experience a time growing pains during a period of rapid growth. In the beginning, it was fun and felt like family and as the company grew it became more serious and things started to get lost. My lesson is not particularly tied to Beachbody but I prided myself on being able to adapt and take on different challenges. During my time, I went through five different managers and went from Designer to Front End Dev. Towards the end, I started feeling out of place and working on things that did not suit me. I am not sure what it's like now, but I also remember the company being locked into some old and painful platforms. I would still recommend Beachbody as a place to work because of the environment and the perks.
Pros
Positive environment, perks and occasional parties
Cons
A bit marketing heavy on the marketing side
Amazing.
Insanity Instructor and Fitness Educator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
You have the option to do anything you want nothing is obligated there is always customers because the company is so big. Great as a part time job for sure !
Great place
TEAM LEAD/CSR (Former Employee) –  El segundoJune 19, 2018
Considering I had never heard of this company until my first day at work. I have to say that This is without a doubt the most structured, easy, relaxed, and well balanced place I have ever worked! They are a company that truly believes you do your best when you look and feel your best. They equip you with all the tools and knowledge required to succeed, and the vibe is so....ahhh...relaxing. Management doesn’t walk around like they’re entitled or better than everyone treats and acts the same as everyone.
Pros
Cons
Early morning hours
Insecurity, Favoritism, Greed
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 8, 2018
Typically, layoffs every two years with the promise of brighter horizons. 2016 started the year off with horrible management that fostered in a round of layoffs in 2017, then a second round of layoffs in 2018. But this is nothing new at Beachbody, the founders typically construct these layoffs continually to help their bottom line.

There is blatant favoritism in the ranks. One person consistently shows up on time, works extra hours to meet deadlines, is ultra dependable and is laid off. A second person shows up "whenever", sits on work for months because he/she doesn't want to do it, spends half the time talking to people and then... their job is saved just because the manager may like their personality a little more. Or perhaps the manager likes their gender and race more.

If you are not careful, you can be really messed with financially. One person may get hired on at $90,000 yr. and yet another may get hired in at $50,000 yr. Yet, they have comparable experience and do the exact same job.

This is a typical company that you do not want to invest in. Stay there for a year, maybe two, then get out!
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
No security, rare promotion in some departments, unreasonable expectations
Great Company for out-of-the-home fitness job
COACH (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIMay 26, 2018
Beachbody is a "work at your own pace' type job. You get out what you put in. If you sell a lot of exercise packages or Shakeology orders, then you receive a decent compensation. The hardest part of the job is finding customers and maintaining your own small business. The most enjoyable part is learning more about fitness and nutrition while also assisting other people to become more healthy and improve their lives.
Pros
discounts on products, work at your own pace
Cons
maintaining your own business, obtaining new customers
company on its last legs
Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa MonicaMay 23, 2018
Nobody has any idea how the company can move forward. Massive layoffs for the last two years. Absolutely no direction. Absolutely no one is interested in anyone's opinion except the CEO and his original idea is no longer viable (nobody watches infomercials anymore). Unbelievable political environment that makes working here awful. Too many other jobs in the world to take one here.
Pros
free bananas; otherwise, none
Cons
worst work envirnment you can imagine
Very productive with great workout benefits.
Format Expert (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 17, 2018
Overall, a great healthy workout place. Definitely corporate environment. I learned a lot about Health & Nutrition. The hardest part was trying just the commute for me. The people were ver positive, and I like working with a company that changes the world.
Pros
Workout rooms
Cons
Commute
Good people, bad leadership
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 8, 2018
Good people, bad leadership - tech department led by marketers. Layoffs every year. Lots of legacy systems and code. ...............................................................,.....
great place to work
Chargeback Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 7, 2018
positive work environment, great co-workers, understood work requirements. Good upper management, great benefits, great hours and the opportunity for over time.
Pros
great training
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beachbody. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight