Beacon College Employee Reviews

Great
Peer Tutor/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 1, 2019
I would come in and punch in. I would work with students in the math lab as a teachers assistant, or if the needed extra help. I helped with organition skills.
all good
Teacher Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 4, 2019
The staff is extremely nice. Each day I g in, I do not have to worry about being bullied. The job can be stressful at time, but it is fun at the same time.
fun
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLNovember 12, 2018
i enjoy working at beacon college because it was my first job i ever work at. by me working at a school i attended made it even better for me an my study's
Alumni
President of Alumni Council (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 25, 2018
Beacon does hire alumni who have no experience in Admission, Student Life, Student Development vs someone like me who actually has degrees in College Student Affairs and has 10 years experience.
Pros
culture
Cons
lack of leadership, lack of employment growth, they hire unexperience alumni
awesome
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 31, 2018
everyone was very friendly and accomadting and people were understanding and willing to work with you. The teachers care about each of the students .j
Pros
friendly
Great
Resident Assistant /Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLNovember 13, 2017
It suggest a great place to work. Working with students with learning different and helping them to far their education. It so much fun and you create good friendship with students.
Pros
Travel and paid
Cons
It very noisy
Growing company
Utility Worker - Dinning Services (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 16, 2017
Since this College is small and growing they typically let people go easily if the budget does not allow it. If you are planning on doing a job there and staying long term plan on doing cause you love it.
great place to work
Student Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 4, 2017
flexible hours great pay and the students are great to work with as well. what i have learned is how to have time management and be able to multitask as well
School Experience
Freelance Photographer (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 18, 2016
The job would only take place when needed, such as for projects or when the school needed new footage for whatever the school was working on. There was more than one of us doing the footage shots.
Pleasant working enviornment
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 1, 2016
Interacting with students and staff on a daily basis was insightful and rewarding. The management meets often and discusses the needs of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving others and participating in their successes and accomplishments.
Pros
Flexible schedule and excellent lunch program
Cons
Opportunity for advancement slightly hindered
Unethical and loss progression place to work
Dining Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLApril 27, 2016
Its a school for the special needs which is great. The managers over the departments really needs to be trained on a professional level. The suppose to be director over the kitchen has no idea what he is doing and its is no where compared to being a director at any other company. All he has to do is order food and keep track of the 6 people who work in the kitchen and he can't do that correctly. Everyone wanted to be chiefs but no one understand the concept of real professional work.
a work day
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLSeptember 29, 2015
I would work with the children and play games with them. I would also make sure everyone was getting along. If it was needed we would talk to the children's parents about what is going on so they are aware.
Pros
feild trips
Kitchen Aid
Kitchen Aid (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 27, 2015
I'm usually in the kitchen washing dishes and putting the plates, cups and silverware away. The hardest part of the job was getting the dirty dishes when it was crowded in the cafeteria.
Faculty Member
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 11, 2015
On a positive note, the students are the driving force behind every employee's motivation to go to work each day at this institution. They are beautiful young men and women ready to make a difference in the world. They will win your heart to a point where you will tolerate things you never thought you could just to have the privilege of being able to continue serving them. This includes complete incompetence of the administration. Those of them who are not incompetent are strictly out for themselves at the expense of anyone who gets in their cross-hairs. Some are easy to spot. Others are so incredibly good at it, they will leave you spellbound. Please do not apply if you would like to enjoy the benefits of job security. I watch competent, caring, honest faculty and staff members come and go on a regular basis. I'm not speaking of people who do anything wrong. I'm speaking of individuals who lose their jobs without warning, rhyme or reason--some who have been here many years. So, if you do choose to work here, please keep this in mind. Keep your head down, eyes & mouth closed and mind your business--no matter what you witness. There are very few you can trust--none of which are administrators.

One more thing: I noticed that the other posts gave high ratings for Beacon College. However, they seem to be only from interns and volunteers. Those positions are usually short-term and are not privy to the experiences of the full-time employee. Their high ratings are likely due to working for a good department manager and the positive interaction they have experienced with students.
  more... It is really the only explanation.  less
Pros
The students
Cons
Everything else
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FlJune 8, 2014
I volunteered and had a great experience helping out the students in the college.
learn new stuff
Librarian assistant (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 1, 2013
best part was working with all the students and helping with what they need.
great
Tutor at Beacon College as intern (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJuly 11, 2013
great enviroment and understanding staff. I learned tutoring skills.
Pros
great staff and management
Cons
scheduel is up for change due to needs