Beacon Communities LLC Employee Reviews

Be aware!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2019
You will work hard, but it’s rewarding. Extremely talented support staff. Great training and compensation. Wonderful president, but be aware of VP level management that lack professionalism, fail to support subordinates and create a working atmosphere of stress and fear with their own personal agenda.
Affordable Housing
Manager (Former Employee) –  PAMay 12, 2019
The branding for this company is to promote, ad nauseaum, their wonderful work life balance & employee engagement...don't buy into it.. If you are at the top rung on their corporate ladder you will reap the perks they promote as available to all employees. As a property mgr, , maintenance worker or admin asst.. you will be on site dealing with unrealistic time mgmt requirements, reports, endless meetings/conference calls, in addition to handling the day to day operations.The powers that be are very disconnected with the day to day operations of their staff. They do not know the demographics of the properties nor any of the residents or their needs. On site staff work hard and the job is stressful and frustrating . At times you will be exposed to filthy apts, bed bug/pest infestations, infectious illness, individuals with mental health issues, child neglect situations and a multitude of other unpleasant situations. Of course there are many wonderful residents who pay rent on time and abide by the lease and keep their apt clean, but they are not , unfortunately, the majority. The turnover rate can be high due to evictions and the cycle continues. Beacon Communities LLC is very very disconnected to the reality of their on site staff and the current number of employees resigning speaks loudly .
Pros
Some perks if fortunate enough to take advantage of them
Cons
No engagement with staff or residents
Decision
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 15, 2019
I was no sho to last minute to take the ,
I enjoy where I m
But was very soon to make decisions.
All employees was give me lots opportunity and I
Walk way .
I m very sorry about...
Pros
Thanks
Cons
Thanks
A great place for a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 11, 2019
Working at Beacon is not easy - expectations are high, the work load is challenging, and the environment is fast paced. However, Beacon has a unique, family-like culture that is engaging and rewarding. Hard work is recognized in many different ways; the benefits are great; and you feel a sense of purpose. Beacon cares about its properties, its residents, and its employees. You never feel like you're just a number at Beacon. For anyone who wants to work hard, this is an amazing company to be a part of.
High demanding workload with unrealistic performance expectations
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 11, 2019
Supervisors seemed unorganized with poor communication and you pretty much have to figure how to fix problems on your own with little to no guidance . When asked supervisor for advice on what to do was told “do what you normally would do”. Too many meetings and not enough help from superiors and promotions are based on who supervisors like as opposed to skill level.
Pros
Good vacation and holiday benefits
Cons
On call for snow removal, lack of respect by superiors
Great Place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmer, MADecember 11, 2018
Great company to work for , would recommend others to apply. Welcoming introduction as a new employee, lots of training opportunities. I had a great manager, she was by far one of the best people I had ever worked for. They are improving in every area as time passes.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Horrible management!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 8, 2018
This is truly one of the worst companies I have ever worked for! My manager was the most horrible, micro-managing and degrading boss I had ever had in my career! She would call on the phone and scream at me about projects that needed completed and that she “sat on” for months and then I was expected to drop everything and work all day and night at home doing her job! I would request vacation time and give her at least two months notice in advance to take a day off for a doctors appointment, and she would deliberately wait until the day before my scheduled day off to approve it. Also Beacon likes to brag to potential hires and new employees about their great work life balance, which is a huge lie! There is absolutely no work life balance in that organization! I very seldom was able to participate in the summer Friday early release because my horrible boss wouldn’t let me and always found some “time sensitive” project that needed completed that day! I don’t recommend this company to anyone even my worst enemy!
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
No work/life balance; incompetent & condescending upper management
Fast paced results driven company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
Great emphasis on work/life balance with adequate pay. Focused on internal promotions, great place to start and grow a career. Management varies region to region.
Politics
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2018
Upper management would rather you throw people under the bus than keep them engaged. The workload is extreme. They preach work/life balance but only corporate office employees reap those benefits,
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Stressfull
Good Place to Work
Intern- Design (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2018
I worked with the design team and both my managers were very helpful. I lean a lot over a short span. They were very flexible with the work hours, which was the best thing I found over the period of 3 months. The culture is very collaborative and all the employees treat you as a Beacon family member. I had a very good time here as design Intern.
Pros
Easy to access, free food, good company
Cons
I don't find any cons
A Typical day at work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 31, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of making sure grounds were picked up of any debris and trash before the start of the day log in to computer to ensure there where no pending or new work orders complete work orders and overall cleanliness and experience of site
Pros
care about employees health
Cons
no help at one man properties
Work Life Balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2015
Beacon is constantly trying to improve it's culture and really become one of the top places to work. They often talk about work/life balance and being accountable for your own actions. For the first time, this summer, they implemented summer hours. As long as you put in your 40 hours during the week (by working say 30 minutes to 1 hour longer each day - depending on your hours) you could leave early on Fridays and have an early start for the rest of your weekend. On most long weekend holidays they will even let you out early to spend more of the holiday weekend with your family. Since this was well received there is a good chance this may happen again, next summer.
Good place to learn and work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAMarch 20, 2015
In a typical day at my work I used to pick the work orders in the maintenance supervisor office and then go ahead to the shop to pick up the materials and part needed fore the day. Then company has a great team work. The hardest part of the job was long after hours removing snow, but at the same time I was enjoy doing the work with co-workers in a friendly environment. the most enjoyable part of the job was doing what a like to do every single day.
Wonderful company to work for
Occupancy & Recertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJuly 29, 2014
Company is very fair to it employees, has employees best intrest at heart. benefits and compensation is above any other company in same field.
Pros
take care of its employees
Cons
a lot of long hours
good company but poor management
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJuly 15, 2014
company offers great benefits and ok pay but the management is very poor in experience and seniority over rules other employees. Most of my co-worker always complaint about the supervisor and manager and their management. Personally I focus on performing my work efficient and productive learning and teaching other co-workers on how to get our work better each day. I tried to have fun in a professional manner with co-workers sharing stories and experiences in the field, making work a desirable place to comeback everyday.
Beacon was superb to work for
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed my job discription, I am very hands on. They had a water fountain that never worked for years. I was able to apply my knowledge and they had a fountain.
I was told numerous times that the building never looked better. I applied myself to the residents first, they always came first, and I made sure that the work was completed in a timley fashion.
I had one other man there to help me and we worked on call every other weekend. The hardest part of the job was working 24 /7 when it snowed. We had to keep the property free of ice and snow.
Seeing the residents happy when I fixed their garbage disposal, or toilet. My co workers and I always got along very well.
I work well with staff and residents.
I know I can be an asset to any organization.
Pros
Great health insurance and great management
Cons
Almost had no time to find for lunch