Beacon Communities LLC Employee Reviews in Boston, MA

Fun experience for anyone
Youth Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2019
It was a fun experience that I would do again. All my co-workers were nice and helped me get accustomed to the type of work I was doing, it was a very caring work place.
Fast paced results driven company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2018
Great emphasis on work/life balance with adequate pay. Focused on internal promotions, great place to start and grow a career. Management varies region to region.
Politics
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2018
Upper management would rather you throw people under the bus than keep them engaged. The workload is extreme. They preach work/life balance but only corporate office employees reap those benefits,
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Stressfull
Good Place to Work
Intern- Design (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2018
I worked with the design team and both my managers were very helpful. I lean a lot over a short span. They were very flexible with the work hours, which was the best thing I found over the period of 3 months. The culture is very collaborative and all the employees treat you as a Beacon family member. I had a very good time here as design Intern.
Pros
Easy to access, free food, good company
Cons
I don't find any cons
Work Life Balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2015
Beacon is constantly trying to improve it's culture and really become one of the top places to work. They often talk about work/life balance and being accountable for your own actions. For the first time, this summer, they implemented summer hours. As long as you put in your 40 hours during the week (by working say 30 minutes to 1 hour longer each day - depending on your hours) you could leave early on Fridays and have an early start for the rest of your weekend. On most long weekend holidays they will even let you out early to spend more of the holiday weekend with your family. Since this was well received there is a good chance this may happen again, next summer.