Beacon Health Options Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
unfair
Wellness and Recovery Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
Enjoyed working with the company but disappointed at the lack of management. Was ultimately laid off by company losing contract with the state and there was no further placement within
It was Value Options when I worked there.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 9, 2018
My job did not utilize my skills. What I did was basically to read a script and complete a brief assessment and give referrals over the phone. Staff was not treated respectfully. Though we were professionals with master's degrees, we were watched and micromanaged. We were chastised if we took too long in the restroom or needed extra time to talk with members who were tearful or having more difficulty than usual. When I started to work, I was never introduced by my manager to the team. Just prior to my start date, staff was told to hold up their hands to get approval to go to the restroom.
Pros
We usually got off on time.
Cons
Lack of team comradery or cohearance. High turn over rate.
Growing and changing
Senior Director Provider Relations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Dynamic company, industry leader. Going through some growing pains as a result of recent merger. Nation wide opportunities. Remote work option often available.
Very stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJAugust 2, 2018
Not enough employees to cover the calls !! No one is on the same page as far as information given to providers or members! Did not pay enough for the work required.
Pros
Cons
Moniter bathroom time
Dedicated to the clients served
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 1, 2018
Focused on meeting and exceeding client expectations and ensuring that the membership receives high quality care. Tools utilized to measure success include reporting, client, member and employee feedback. Overall solid compensation for employees and recognition for a job well done.
Poor Management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 31, 2018
Colo - LA Care Cypress team has horrible management, manger showed continuous lack of professionalism wouldn't recommend anyone to work under pervious leadership, however the job and work comes easy if this is your field.
Pros
easy work
Cons
poor management
Horrible
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 30, 2018
The worst job Ive ever had and its simply because management either doesn't know what theyre talking about or they refuse to help when you need it. You cant speak to management about the issues because they will write you up. The CEO has stated that the policies and procedures don't work.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Poor Management
Great Place to Work
Network Services Rep I (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 26, 2018
Beacon is a wonderful place to work. I do wish their pay rate was a little bit higher for the area but not by much, and the environment and the people make up for it. You love coming to work every day and truly feel like you make a difference
Pros
Focused environment, great service, knowledgeable managing staff, great benefits
Cons
Low pay rate
Employee Assistance Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 22, 2018
I do not feel comfortable writing about my previous employer. They run their company as they see fit, for the desired outcome that they have determined.
Loved the break room with the small library
Clinical Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CA 90630July 18, 2018
Mondays/Tuesdays were extremely busy especially after a holiday weekend. Wed. and Thur. slow down drastically sometimes even Friday. Almost never could you bond with co-workers. Very different lunch times.
Na
SVP Call Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 17, 2018
Not the best place to work. It is stressful and work environment is tense. There is no consistency with workflows and turn over rate is very high. People leaving to go to other companies for better pay and benefits
Pros
have not found pros
Cons
salary and flexibility
Strict on timeliness; Lacked Employee incentives
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work was based on the department's inventory, I've learned to work at a moderate pace while prioritizing functions of importance. I had a great staff that performed at the highest of levels.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Staffing Issues- Understaffing
A high-stress mediocre quality work seting
Utilization Review Clinician (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 11, 2018
Ever increasing caseloads mark indistinguishable days. I learned that managed Medicaid is of questionable value in NY. The hardest part of the job is maintaining self-esteem.
Pros
Free parking. Timely paychecks.
Cons
Very poor quality health plan offered.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 10, 2018
everyday need to attend lot of calls with client,Need to deliver task which is very enjoyable.Preparing reports, doing QA, creating tickets, end to end project review.Learned lot about EDI encounter. Management id very good.Work culture is excellent , very friendly environment , co-workers are too much helpful and friendly.Hardest part was getting KT from old workers or getting access.Over all each working day is enjoyable.
Great company prior to VO/BHS merger
VP (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 9, 2018
Company did not seem to get on its feet after the merger between BHS and VO. Inconsistencies in management and executive performance coupled with unrealistic financial goals.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Finances
Great company to work for
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 27, 2018
Beacon is a great company to work for.
Good and Generous Benefits
Nice co workers.

Busy environment at times

Feedback from supervisors can be lacking at times
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Not much feedback at times from supervisors
This is an amazing company
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 27, 2018
I loved working here. I am sad to leave and hope to be able to return once they return to Nevada. They are a employee loving company and family friendly. They work hard towards keeping their employees happy and stress free.
Enjoyed the job but hit progression wall.
Claims Processor Temp (Former Employee) –  Latham, NY 12110June 26, 2018
Enjoyed my time at BHO. Moved up the claims processing ranks quickly. Work was given efficiently and management was good. Both at the jobs and as people. Unfortunately money wasn't all that great without overtime. And moving up in the company meant people would have to get fired or promoted. Ultimately the company lost a contract and I was laid off. Was paid severance and left on good terms.
Pros
Simple busy work. Work at home option.
Cons
Career and salary advancement.
No Growth opportunities for new hires
Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2018
If you are a new hire, regardless of your skill-set you will be pigeon holed into any position they see fit. Take your time applying here, unless you enjoy knowing you will not move forward at all.
Pros
Free coffee?
Cons
So many.
Best work experience ever!
Researcher/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 24, 2018
This was the best place I have ever worked! The environment is thoughtful, connected and supportive. The people there from management down really cared about the company and the employees alike.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beacon Health Options. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight