Beacon Health Options Employee Reviews

boring
Clinical Services Assistant II /Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Latham, NY/ Boston MAMay 16, 2018
honestly this job got even more boring than when i started. the promotion didn't help and i literally hated coming to work because theres nothing of substance that matters to do.
Clinical Social Work practice experience
LMSW Clinical Care Manager/Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIMay 14, 2018
the company offers attractive benefits package, flexible hours, team support, comprehensive training, Union Shop, attractive discount with other companies.
Pros
Attractive benefits package
Cons
No comment
It's a Job
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 11, 2018
I enjoy the role as a claims processor , however very poor management. Its very hard to put into words, while still trying to be professional. The department could use more diversity in the management role. Very unorganized when it comes to what you are supposed to be doing when something changes. You are favored if you came from a certain insurance company. The pay could be a lot better, for the cost of living in Raleigh. Nothing gets reported that occur here because they fear being terminated.

I do value the amount of PTO and Sick time we can accrue , as well as paid holidays. The company cares about your safety during inclement weather.
Pros
Work pace, working independently, PTO/SIck Time, Paid Holidays
Cons
Pay, Managment, poor communication
Awful management and poor culture
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 8, 2018
This was a very stressful and chaotic workplace. The job was not hard at all. What made it hard was the people that managed the different departments. Some departments practices cronyism and kept incompetent unskilled managers on board just because which was not conducive to the collegial atmosphere they try and promote.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything about the management and culture
Is a stable place to work
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 7, 2018
Beacon is a very welcoming company to work for, from upper management, to Department management, and Supervisory team. every one dose a great job. and team member always willing to assist with training.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Productive quiet workplace
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 2, 2018
A typical work day included signing online and filing on the computer. I got an hour lunch break and would head back to work right after. People usually kept to themselves.
provider relations
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAMay 1, 2018
I worked for ValueOptions until we got bought out by BHS working for the merger was just a mess. no one knew what they were doing and you were pushed harder to get things done
Pros
when the company was VO
Cons
we got bought out
Change
Director (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 30, 2018
The company is going through many changes for the good. In some instances I don't think things were thought through to determine the impact these changes may cause.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough diversity
Dynamic Firm With an Evolving Vision
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2018
This company has a strong founding mission within a compelling market, offers ample opportunity to develop personal skills and create new opportunities, but faces certain challenges with human capital.
Good work culture but low wages
Clinical Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 23, 2018
Colleagues are great, pay is not commensurate with other similar positions. Not a lot of stress but not a lot of professional growth. Beacon does not value staff in California particularly because that is not were the bigger contracts lie.
Since we were acquired by Beacon its been rough sailing
EAP Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAApril 22, 2018
I started at ValueOptions which was a wonderful family type environment. We got bought out by Beacon and its been completely different. Everytime I go into the office I find out they laid off another excellent employee with no warning. The morale is low and everyone speaks in hushed whispers for fear they will be next.
Layoffs
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAApril 20, 2018
There were mass layoffs with this company that is currently on going. This company was great when it was small there was a family dynamic to it. High turnover.
Fun place and fast paced
Peer Advisor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 18, 2018
What I like most is that the amount of work given was more than enough. I like time to fly so for me the more work the better. The people were great there. Benefits was alright could have been better. Very understanding when it comes to family.
Stressful Company
Claims/CAF Processor (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 11, 2018
The company had mandatory overtime which was difficult with two kids at home. The employees are not paid fairly. The management knew I could get 100% in a certain kind of claim, but refused to allow me to process them. Instead I was forced to process claims that were not explained adequately to me. I was still able to maintain a 95% accuracy level. The company said I had to be at 99% accurate. There was no talking, bathroom breaks had to be recorded, and the training was done by people who seemed to enjoy embarrassing the new employees.
Military OneSource
Military OneSource State Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 10, 2018
Great pay but zero career advancement. Managers expect a 60 hour work week, but preach work life balance. The work can be rewarding, but because it's a government contract the focus is on metrics not people. You never hear from your manager unless you're in trouble for something. The rules change with the evolution of the contract, zero consideration is given to the employee.
Pros
Working with the military
Cons
Everything else
productive work place you learn a lot
CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2018
everything is self taught there no real training, no communication among departments what so ever... management is horrible i really wish i wouldn't have to leave but it not worth staying... beware
Pros
meet new people
Cons
micro- manage!!!
Learned Much about Mental Health
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2018
Beginners to learn about behavior mental health. lack of orientation during training, no rules to follow . scolded by management in front of other staff.
Pros
relaxed work attire
Cons
not much advancement-pigeon hole
Nice and professional apartment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brewer, MEMarch 28, 2018
If English is not a native language, it will be very stressful.
I am international student, they gave me a nice apartment culture and moderate competition.
Beacon Health Options
Grievance/Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAMarch 27, 2018
Due to a recent meager and lost of many Health Plans within the company the workplace became a stressful environment and the moral was low and they lost a lot of good employees.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Stressful
My Department is very busy and growing.
EDI Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 26, 2018
I enjoy my job and can't speak for others. Management for me is great because I work hard and try to stay focused. I don't think I am owed anything and I treat my desk like it is my store. I treat my phone like I am answering the phone like I own the place. I believe it is all about perception. It makes my time productive and fly by.
Pros
Benefits Time off
Cons
Sometimes phones can be too busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beacon Health Options. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight