Beacon Health Options
52Below average

Beacon Health Options Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA41 reviews
An ok place to work
If you're lucky enough to have a good manager this place isn't so bad. The benefits are not that great and considering this is a benefits company you would think otherwise, but that is not the base.
Not a Good Place To Work
This place is an utter nightmare. And it was like that from the day I started. The first supervisor I had was such a bully, and literally the HR representative told me that she did not like me and was trying to have me fired. You know it is bad when HR tells you that (within my first year of working). When that supervisor left it was just a string of bad management. Management here consist of people getting into management positions, that they don’t know how to management, they don’t know the job of the people they management and because of that they want you to do your job and their job. And do not dare ask to be paid.

Since I have been here my job has been changed, and not job duties but legit I have been told to another job that people get paid full time to do on top of my job. And then they tried to convince me I volunteered for it when I was voluntTOLD. All while getting no additional pay even though those positions make more than I do.

When it comes to promotions, they promote people they like it can be external friends or internal people who know nothing about their job and then you are expected to train your own boss, manager, supervisor, once again with no additional pay. The job itself is not clinical. For the triage roles they want a Master degree in counseling but you will get calls like “I have a flat tire on the side of the road and don’t know what to do.” So if you are expecting any sort of clinical experience do not bother and don’t let the job description fool you. Since we work in a call center, one might think we can telework. But no, that is only for
 - more...
excellent team
Beacon is a great company that provided me an excellent work environment, cooperative team, and management. I learned about different lines of business and how to time management my schedule and daily work load. Work place environment was pleasant and inviting. Working at Beacon was pleasurable moment in my work history.
Great team members
Enjoyed working in a fast paced environment. Great people to work with, few things management needs to consider- technology upgrades and work life balance should be addressed.
They hire, then they lay off - every year! Too much mgt turn over
The salary was average, the benefits were not very good for a behavioral "health" company. Too much out of pocket or high co-pays, they should be more competitive or have great benefits. Too many lay offs every year, which often means too many organizational changes and too many management changes (not necessarily for the better). Anthem has recently acquired Beacon Health so perhaps that will be better.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Stressful work enviorment
A typical day is scheduling reviews throughout the day. Making calls out and answering calls. The work enviorment is stressful, but under the right management it could be better. At this job I learned how to multi-task at a high volume. Hardest part about the job is juggling the different health care accounts. The most enjoyable part is the other schedulers.
Productive work environment.
Great group of employees to work with. Productive work environments and flexible work schedules. Plenty of good work, especially working on the federal team.
Horrible place to work
Management not very helpful. Lots of Indians and not enough chiefs. No room for advancement with this company. Too many cutthroat individuals at this job.
Pros
Own desk-malls close by
Cons
management, advancement and effective communication gaps
Work / Life Benefits and Behavioral Health Provider
Learned a lot Working here. Extremely Challenging Work Environment, All In House Marketing. Worked In Proposals and Marketing. Advanced Quickly. Company Provided External and Internal Training.
Pros
Good Marketing Team
Cons
High Pressure Work Environment
The Colleagues are great!
The work environment is really good, especially the colleagues in all different teams. There is schedule flexibility. The work place is located in Reston which is very convenient.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Beacon Health Options?
Fun place and fast paced
What I like most is that the amount of work given was more than enough. I like time to fly so for me the more work the better. The people were great there. Benefits was alright could have been better. Very understanding when it comes to family.
working in it
i was a contractor with Beacon Health Options in the IT department it was very stressful but i enjoyed helping people on the phone and making friends there.
Pros
meeting new teammates
Cons
stressful
A good place to start
Beacon is a good place to gain experience. 9 times out of 10 you will be handling more than just your job. So this is an opportunity to learn your area of expertise and learn it well.

There is only one down side at the moment. They are in the final stages of a merger. So turnover is high at the moment. However, I will give the same advise here that I give to new hires when they first come on board. Come in, do your job, learn everything that can you then seek advancement either within the company or else where.
Pros
I have the best VP in the world.
Cons
going through a merger. not all managers are great.
The contract enforces providing excelent service to the participants
A typical day was managing your dashboard and making the required amount of calls in the prescribed manner. Everything about the job was a learning experience. Honesty and truthfulness is not present, everything you are told you should turn around to mean the opposite. Watch your back, there is always someone who will either tell on you or steal your idea. The hardest part was pretending. The most enjoyable was being able to provide a much needed service to our participants.
Pros
Service provided to participants
Cons
eveything else
good benefits, opportunity for advancement. Beacon
Health Options was formerly known as ValueOptions. I worked for company when it was ValueOptions. Not able to comment on Beacon Health Options.
micro managers
micro managed to the tee, they realized the remote project was not going to work and slowly by slowly found reasons to terminate all the remote employees the worst position i have ever held.
Pros
Cons
everything
It was good but.....
I enjoyed working for 8 years but the last 2 years experienced a growing decline in stability as the merger continued to play out with many management changes. Especially after the former CTO left the company there was a lot of strange changes and questionable management decisions. I saw a great number of key management leave or get laid off during key changes in infrastructure which resulted in considerable delay of deliverables.
Pros
not much
Not a supportive work place
It was a very stressful work environment due to a lack of support. Employees were very unhappy and frustrated with work conditions. While the time off benefit was very generous, the ability to use the time off was very difficult.
Pros
Generous time off
Cons
Lack of management support
a ok place to work
Kind of a ok place to work. Compensation is 10% below the market. work life balance is kind of decent. good work culture too. Benefits are not that great.
fun
fun with ping pong tables and long lunch breaks, set your own work schedule, work a lots of overtime, free coffee and tea and sometimes free bagels and potluck parties.
Beacon
Lots of tasks were learned by doing and enjoying part for me was learning new skills. Testing applications and working with other team members was interesting.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beacon Health Options. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight