BEACON HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Morally Bankrupt
Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 15, 2018
Beacon only cares about money. Worked at Memorial / Beacon more than 10 years, started out great but the people now running things are egotistical, self-centered hypocrites!!! Dig deep into their financial expenditures (salaries, donations, etc) and you will see my above statements are accurate.
Pros
Pay and benefits are ok
Cons
Culture, management is horrible
Very stressful workplace with little empathy for associates
PARAMEDIC (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 11, 2018
Memorial hospital of southbend was a very nice place to work. However, once Beacon Health system purchased the hospital, employee moral took a nose dive.
Job security
Emergancy Room Tech and Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 9, 2018
Good place for job security with some perks. More importance on time and getting through the next patient than the care. The opportunity to move up was more difficult then I intended.
Don't do it
Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2018
People were okay, but all negative after that. Nothing more to say. Typically you are on the phones for 7.5 hours a day and don't have to go to the bathroom because the person calling may not get you and you will be punished for having to go.
work environment wasn’t what one expected; too fast-paced
MA (Former Employee) –  South Bend/MishawakaAugust 7, 2018
From the very beginning/start of the job position was horrible, wished one had a much better and enthusiastic person to have done the training; left a negative impression upon one thereafter. Tried to push past and through as best as one could.. Never ever has one experienced such horrible and stressful experience.
Pros
Benefits good, some co-workers were a joy to being around
Jail Nurse
Correctional Nurse (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 22, 2018
I would not wish this place on my worse enemy. The jail staff and higher ups are completely disrespectful and unprofessional to the nurses. I have worked in corrections before and this jail is unbelievable in this day and age. To make matters worse the manager from Beacon is either clueless over the treatment of the nurses or just doesn't care. The training is pathetic and basicly nonexistent. No one know what the rules are and if the warden sees fit your fired without warning anyways. Horriable place to work.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Everything is awful here
Nice job and great flexible hours for me
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 16, 2018
Working at Beacon is good to me. The manager is always giving a helping help if needed. The hours are flexible but pay could be a little better in my opinion.
No growth opportunities
Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 11, 2018
My experience at Beacon included having poor executive leadership for my department. I had plenty of autonomy but never felt my work was making a difference at all and that my opinions would be heard.
Also, whatever rate you come in at is right where you're going to stay despite many iterations of a carrot being dangled in front you.
Horrible place
Patient Representative/Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 11, 2018
Employees are just a number. There is little value for hard work and dedication. They only care about getting bigger and making money employee satisfaction doesn’t matter.
Nice place.
Systems Administrator III (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 6, 2018
It is a nice place to work. I would give a positive rating. Many associates retire there and have other family members that work in other departments.
Management suck
Tech (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 28, 2018
Stressful place to work and extremely poor management. No one tends to care about the patients. I would never recommend Elkhart General to anyone to work nor get care from.
Technical Support
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 20, 2018
The workplace is a good atmosphere, but the IS staff is under staffed. The best part is the staff requesting support. The hardest part is to manage more request for help then you have time to do them.
Great workplace with great culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 17, 2018
This was a great stepping stone in my career. I learned a lot and will forever be grateful for the opportunity given. Great colleagues and challenges.
Pros
great benefits and culture
Cons
sometimes too political
good place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 8, 2018
fast pace friendly environment amazing place to work managament is very understanding and trustworthy. loved working with my crew and everyone in the lab
Extremely demanding
RN (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 5, 2018
Short staffed and expected to pick up and work more than the contracted 72/hrs per pay period. Management is unsympathetic and offers no solutions. They do not value work life balance.
Cons
upper management does not care about floor staff
Good Place to Work
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 20, 2018
It is a good place to work, could use better service on the consumer side. Several bad experiences that could have been better. It is a tough job for a marketer because of doctor rating that we have no control over.
Hostile co-workers.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN; Elkhart, INMarch 3, 2018
When I first accepted a job with Beacon Health I was very optimistic. However, I quickly went from happy to miserable. There was very little support from co-workers, and the work environment was extremely hostile! Management offered little to no support, and was unsympathetic.
Pros
Fair wages / benefits
Cons
Toxic environment
good place to work
Cardiac and Vascular Sonographer (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 22, 2018
I thought the management and physician consideration for the employees was good and the benefits were descent. The were flexible with my schedule and very understanding when i needed immediate time off for personal/family reasons and my supervisors were easy to work with.
Pros
overall caring and quality mentality
Cons
not local for the most part.
Great pay and benefits for healthcare workers
Health Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 20, 2018
Memorial Hospital - now Beacon systems is one of the best options for healthcare workers in the South Bend area. The benefits are fantastic and you are well compensated for hard work.
Pros
Benefits/PTO
Cons
Short breaks, busy days
Great
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 19, 2018
Good position in this healthcare system. Works well to build skills on the business side of this professional setting. Quality and holistic care approach to all patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BEACON HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight