BEACON HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Enjoyable day
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INApril 9, 2019
Enjoyable day at work. The people I worked with were all friendly and willing to cover for me if I had a doctors appointment of something. My first boss was a very nice lady and basically let us work on our own because we new what we were doing.
Cons
No free coffee
Productive and fun place to work.
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 3, 2019
Everyone works as a team and shows appreciation to each other daily. Caring for each other on professional and personal basis.
Always willing to help each other daily.
room to thrive and grow
RMA/Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 2, 2019
A typical day with a Beacon physician is generally smooth as most procedures are followed by a protocol, making it easier to maintain a standard of care. I was able to advance and use skills freely with this company
Enjoyable
Registration (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 21, 2019
I worked in the ER for Elkhart General and I enjoyed it immensely. The benefits are kind of expensive but other than that I would recommend it to others.
Hostile work environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 11, 2019
Management was poor and rarely even there. They couldn’t keep employees or necessary stock to perform the job. Training was subpar and co-workers were simply bullies. Management structure was very poor. You never knew who was “in charge” or when.
Pros
Massage chairs for hospital staff
Cons
Expensive healthcare, poor management and structure, hostile work environment
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INFebruary 8, 2019
I would not recommend Beacon Elkhart a place to work because they are very short staffed, they had me working a period of time and then (a while) and then tells me because of my past they have to terminate me. Something that should have been done upon hiring. Termination without warning. They should become better staffed with people that care.
Pros
Offer your own locker
Cons
Eat Lunch when possible because staff is short.
Good variety of reports to transcribe.
Medical/Radiology transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 26, 2018
The job became more about the number of reports done and less about the quality of the reports. Allowed us to work from home, only had to go in for meetings.
Pros
Affordable healthcare insurance.
Cons
Having to work weeknds and holidays.
Fun productive environment. Almost like a family!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 6, 2018
Beacon is a wonderful place to work depending in the department. Paragon its self was awesome. Our physician was a great instructor. Management at Paragon worked with us involving personal and professional matters.Employee benefits could be improved!
I believe Beacon can be a wonderful place to work.
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 6, 2018
I have seen many nurses leave for other hospitals because they can earn more and feel that they are appreciated. Although I am sure the money was a factor, the lack of listening to the nurses by upper management was a heavy determination. We now have many new nurses who are being trained, but the knowledge and experience Beacon lost is immeasurable.
Great benefits/ stressful environment/Trauma center
CRCST (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 24, 2018
I would print a report as to to how many surgeries were scheduled that day. This would enable me to get a good idea of what type of surgery was being performed and what surgical instruments were being utilized that day. I would check the shelves in our CSP dept. and get an idea if we had enough instrumentation for the day. I would answer to every surgery scheduled as to what was needed in that particular room. My phone line was open to all.
Pros
Great experience as to how the human body can be manipulated to aid itself in surgical repairs etc.
Cons
Bad morale and no intention of fixing.
Wonderful place to work
HR- Assistant for Associate Relations (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 8, 2018
I Loved working for Beacon Health System. The only reason I left was to move closer to family. I recommend Beacon, it is a wonderful place to work..
Poor management
Courier (Former Employee) –  South BendOctober 7, 2018
New management ruined a great job. Short staffed, expect to work 6-7 days a week. Treated like a robot. Benefits are good but you will work hard for them. Benefits can be changed/removed with out warning.
Pros
Insurance, vacation.
Cons
Poor management, treated like a child, no work/life balance.
cardiac tech
Cardiac Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 25, 2018
This was a great job while i was working my way through college. There where great oppurtunities to work your way up in the company. Many chances to improve yourself.
Stability
System Analyst II (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 19, 2018
Great team work. Knowing that your fellow analysts will help when needed is great. Flexible work hours but you are on call 24/7 unless you are on PTO.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
no on call pay
Good place to work if you have no melanin
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 17, 2018
If you can ignore the microaggressions and hidden subculture, then it's a great place to work. Could benefit from cultural submersion in some departments.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Melinated people make less
Morally Bankrupt
Technician (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 15, 2018
Beacon only cares about money. Worked at Memorial / Beacon more than 10 years, started out great but the people now running things are egotistical, self-centered hypocrites!!! Dig deep into their financial expenditures (salaries, donations, etc) and you will see my above statements are accurate.
Pros
Pay and benefits are ok
Cons
Culture, management is horrible
Very stressful workplace with little empathy for associates
PARAMEDIC (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 11, 2018
Memorial hospital of southbend was a very nice place to work. However, once Beacon Health system purchased the hospital, employee moral took a nose dive.
Job security
Emergancy Room Tech and Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 9, 2018
Good place for job security with some perks. More importance on time and getting through the next patient than the care. The opportunity to move up was more difficult then I intended.
Don't do it
Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2018
People were okay, but all negative after that. Nothing more to say. Typically you are on the phones for 7.5 hours a day and don't have to go to the bathroom because the person calling may not get you and you will be punished for having to go.
work environment wasn’t what one expected; too fast-paced
MA (Former Employee) –  South Bend/MishawakaAugust 7, 2018
From the very beginning/start of the job position was horrible, wished one had a much better and enthusiastic person to have done the training; left a negative impression upon one thereafter. Tried to push past and through as best as one could.. Never ever has one experienced such horrible and stressful experience.
Pros
Benefits good, some co-workers were a joy to being around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BEACON HEALTH SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight