Beacon Payments Employee Reviews

I liked working here
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 12, 2018
The best part of this company is the culture and the support. They want to see you succeed, and if you put in the effort they will go out of their way to make sure you do.

I read some of the other reviews below and don't agree with most of the negative reviews. They would give people a chance who might not have been the best fit for sales, and sometimes those people failed hard.

I moved across the country, and don't talk to them anymore. What I'm saying is I have no reason to give them a good review other than the fact I actually had a very good experience working there, I learned a ton about selling, made better than average money, and I'm better off because of my experience.
Pros
support, training, made lifelong friends
Cons
Sales is hard. I don't think that's different in any other company
Company does have potential, management needs some work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2018
The upsides of this company are that the office will go out for drinks (which are paid for) and the atmosphere is very encouraging. The associates that work here are genuine people for the most part.

With this said, I would definitely not recommend working at this company. Expect to be making cold calls every day, there is an opportunity to make decent money if you work extremely hard and are fine with putting up with constant rejection. The company also hates paying their employees, half of the battle is fighting to be paid for the deals you have made. Payroll is a mess and feels like an uphill battle. Every Friday seemed to cause frustration and confusion which ultimately stems from the thinness of the company.

With reform, there would be potential for employees to succeed, but some serious work needs to be done. Turnover rates are extremely high here for a reason.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Bunch of cheaters
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2018
I started working with them and doing business right out of the box. The managers at the time was really impressed with my sales after about 6 day I caught there trying to shaft me over equipment, from there on out I moved on to another company.

They are a bunch of crooks.

Do not work for these people!!!
Pros
Not any
Cons
Crooked People
Impossible to make money
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 3, 2017
Kind of weird, but this is a sales position with no possiblities of making money or growing your futurre. this comapny wants to steal your accounts doesnt and want you to succeed. Countless times the comapny would lose your deal, then take back the money they paid you. This really is a lose lose opportunity.
Pros
There wernt any pros
Cons
Compensation, hours, travel, management, trainning
Terrible Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2017
Terrible business model, worse culture. Pass on these guys you will regret your time here. They hate paying their employees, management is lazy and so is the culture
Pros
Cons
Eveything
Good people
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2017
Each day i show up to work in a fun environment with supportive coworkers and a management team which genuinely want to see me succeed. I'm learning a lot about the payments industry, and feel like I'm growing along with the company. Overall I like the job, and I am making good money.
Pros
money
Cons
it's work
awesome culture
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2017
I have been working at beacon payments for almost 2 years and have enjoyed learning tons about credit card processing and payroll. This is my first job after graduating college and the management is what really makes this company special. The guys at the company are complete goofs when appropriate. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in selling merchant services.
Excellent Entry Level position
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2017
Really learned the ins and outs of sales with this company. The best part is the freedom as you set your own schedule, make your own appointments with the goal is signing as many deals as possible. Once you build up a nice residual and start seeing the money pile up you really feel the success of your own entrepreneurship. The tools that you have at your disposal is great and management has your back on everything. Sign more deals make means making more money. Learned valuable business skills.
Pros
Freedom, residual income, culture, dinners
If you are desperate then give it a shot
Sales (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Generous with time off, but not with pay. 250 a week with no vehicle or gas reimbursement. Bonus structure is barely attainable and still the pay is nowhere near what they claim. Two years and you're lucky to get 2500 in residual. If you leave or they let you go, you lose your accounts and residual where as other companies make it lifetime and even offer a buyout. False hopes, no true advancement. Think boiler room
Pros
Work/life
Cons
Pay, training, management...
Good culture
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2016
Management takes care of the employees.

Fun weekly meetings.

Great work life balance. Fun nights out with the company. Dinners, bowling etc.

Rewarding commissions.

It is not an easy sale, but can be mastered.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
none that I can think of
Supportive management and supervision
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 1, 2013
Work was enthusiastic everyday but also a growing experience dealing with new prospects. Management had your best interests. As well as co-workers. The hardest part was not closing deals, but those experiences taught me how to better manage the execution of closing deals. The most enjoyable part was the knowledge gained from each prospect, and managing my own schedule outside of mandatory meetings.