Beacon Roofing Supply Employee Reviews

Poor work life balance
Recruiter, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 7, 2018
Management is good, and the culture is good. However, not very family friendly with work hours and expectations.
Hardest part of the job is that your always expected to do more than your job. Long hours and not very family friendly. Behind the times in benefits and working from home.
Pros
managment
Cons
work life balance
Do not go to work for this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 5, 2018
They will use you up and spit you out! High expectations and little help and the proverbial you know what lands on your shoulders even if it a managers responsibility!
Decent job
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 2, 2018
Decent job.. it can be a little stressful at times but otherwise its ok if you need a job. Its an umbrella job meaning theres different companies that sell corresponding products for building that are linked together under the beacon brand so that means you can switch locations if you dont like where your at.. honestly i think your succes depends on what type of person you are.. this stands true with most jobs.
No nonsense, profit driven
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Boston AreaJuly 1, 2018
Good people, superb work ethic, customer oriented. Though part of a large, publicly traded corporation, there is a sense of being in a smaller, locally owned business.
Pros
Employees at all levels do what they say they'll do
Roof Depot
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2018
I worked inside sales and also out in the warehouse for Beacon Roofing Supply. They have a great corporate base that is continually growing and getting better.
This is the best company in the entire universe!
Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 28, 2018
I love working for Beacon. I can be challenging at times but the leader are very rewarding. It is very fast paced and demanding, but I am treated with respect. I would recommend Beacon to anyone.
Pros
Free food, positive managers, great time, great pay
Cons
too lean, a lot of change
Decent place to work. Horrible hours and lack of management
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2018
It’s a great place to work if you don’t mind having people constantly arguing about what needs to be done. Working 12+hours with just one 30 min lunch. Nepotism is a huge problem at the one I work at. And if you don’t mind no having help lifting heavy items alone then yes beacon is a great company to work for. The company as a whole is great but as yard to yard it’s may very.
Pros
Benefits weekend off 401k
Beacon roofing
Material handler / loader (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 24, 2018
Good job for people that have no kids or family managment takes complete advantage of worker's at time's working 14 to 15 hrs daily and appreciation from management or corporate
Modern day slavery
Driver/ slave (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 16, 2018
This company preaches safety safety safety but when it comes down to getting the job done safety goes right out the window. All the micromanagers are full of s*** and racist towards anyone who isn't irish they only hire women in the office because they know they can get over on them.allied has the worst reputation in the building supply industry. You walk in this company as a manager / driver / salesman ops manager/ forklift operator for only one pay. Both branch and regional managers are terrible people and couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. Honestly don't know how this Branch still makes money and could afford to stay open with all the stupid mistakes
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Snohomish, WAMay 15, 2018
Wonderful work environment, and I love my co-workers as well as upper management. I work alone most of the day, and we all tackle our responsibilities.
Poor pay. No trust in management
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MIApril 28, 2018
Don't pay equally. Management doesn't tell the truth. Can't generate paperwork for loads correctly. Then you are responsible for overweights. Poor computer system.
Pros
It is usually open when you get there.
Cons
Whats right now maybe wrong 10 minutes later.
Productive and Fun
Dispatcher/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2018
Beacon is an excellent company to work for. They are extremely busy and every day is completely different. I have gained a vast amount of training in the roofing industry.
Results driven company focused on profitability
Director, Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2018
A fast growing company with substantial resources focused on producing a sound customer service platform for it's customer base. Many of the leadership team are excellent and focused on delivery of stated objectives.
Pros
Lots of opportunities and mobility
Cons
Large acquisition restricts current growth opportunity as personnel are synergized
Terrible place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 19, 2018
They will work you till 10pm at night while being there at 5:30 in the morning. Make you load roofs that aren't safe and don't follow osha standards. they dont pay you well.
Pros
free food here and there
Cons
very long hours, horrible management
Sucks do not work for this place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 13, 2018
To me it felt like racism to me work the black people while the white people sit around and do nothing also paying a white employee more than me when we was hired to do the same job and I was there almost a year before the guy came plus the manager would throw his employees under the bus .to keep from being fired... by lying
Fast pace hard work where safety comes first
Class B CDL Driver/ NCCCO CERTIFICATION ABC (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 13, 2018
Safety is first the work can be hard and sometimes worse in the summer. Fast pace work environment that will test your problem solving skills with room for advancement. There will be overtime .
Pros
Good benifets, overtime
Cons
Work slows in the winter and rainy season
Lots of change
Management (Current Employee) –  Everywhere, USAMarch 2, 2018
Company has grown significantly and desire to satisfy Wall Street has resulted in questionable decision making. Major upheaval in organization as a result of acquisition of large competitor.
Jobs being eliminated without regard to potential short and long term impact.
Pros
Big company, financially strong
Cons
You are a number
Good sized company with many management levels
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Worked happily with this company for several years when it was Best Distributing. With corporate buyout by Beacon came many changes in way company functioned and operated including job titles, realignment and job loss. I learned a lot about time management during the workday while on this job and enjoyed working with almost everyone i encountered. The hardest part for me on this job was determining when to call it a day. I was used to getting a days work done in a day which this job just didn't allow. I got great satisfaction when i was able to complete a goal that i had looked at in the morning and thought would be hard to attain. Getting a call from one of the branches or from one of my peers thanking me for something i had helped them get done always made my day.
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
long days often including saturdays
Workplace is positive
Manager of Real Estate-West Division (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Culture was friendly and relaxed. Employees functioned in team format and willing to help others resolve issues and concerns. Everyone worked together to achieve objectives.
Horrible management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa/ Sarasota Fl areaFebruary 20, 2018
Management knew absolutely nothing about roofing or even trucks. Employees ran the place and got away with anything. The place was a joke. Everything is public. Get reprimanded in front of all employees, include all employees on personal matters. Illegal practices against private matters.
Pros
Cons
Everything.