Beacon and Bridge Market Employee Reviews

Fun Business Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodrich, MINovember 11, 2018
I worked at Beacon And Bridge for half a year, and the place was fun for a gas station. The workers are very interactive and kind with the guests. Especially with the amount of employees they have.
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Reese, MISeptember 30, 2018
It was an overall good experience I would tell anyone is a good company they should try it out the management is very good they all work together to accomplish the work
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No lunch brakes
Crazy hrs and no consideration for people's family time or life, alot of back stabbing
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reese, MIAugust 29, 2018
They hire mediocre workers for minimum and treat them badly when they mess up, creating a high turn over and waste company money instead of hiring one or two full time workers.
Pros
Cheap fountain drinks
Cons
everything else
My manager lied to the employees about the gas tanks polluting the local environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, MIJuly 29, 2018
This company only cares about profit and that's it. Honestly I don't know why the state of Michigan lets the location even stay open. Nobody would follow company policy because the manager wouldn't pass on any information to her employees.
Pros
25 cent fountain drinks
Cons
Literally working there
loved it
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, MIMay 10, 2018
great place to work, friendly and fun employees, my typical day would be getting to work, counting ciggarettes, waiting on customers, cleaning the floors, cleaning the food setups.
Not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gladwin, MIOctober 16, 2017
The only reason I left was because I needed more pay. The work was easy. The people were nice and friendly. Actually was pretty boring working the midnight shift
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Not paid very much
A real moving experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Alma, MISeptember 20, 2017
You are constantly busy doing something whether it be stocking coolers and shelves, filling ice or working with the customers. If you have time to lean you have time to clean type of atmosphere.
Pros
25 cent fountain or coffee. Delicious sandwiches for you to purchase
Cons
you have to be quick to get a break between customers
No advancement, no names just numbers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIAugust 12, 2017
There is next to no possibility for advancement in this company unless you've spent 10+ years there. You're treated as another cog in the machine( which literally was on the company "Christmas present")
Pros
meet new people
Cons
unfair work environment, favoritism, no benefits
I seriously loved this job!
Cashier/Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIApril 8, 2017
Beacon and Bridge made me feel like I was apart of a family! The manager was amazing, the hours were so flexible even when I was full time! I loved it and miss it, but the customers got unbearable.
Pros
Loving environment, the owner is amazing.
It's an ok place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flushing, MIAugust 7, 2016
It's a place where if you need a part time job and can be on your feet the whole shift and be on the move all the time. You need to pay attention to your surroundings and never look like your just standing there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks
An extremely busy job.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goodrich, MIMarch 10, 2016
Very high turnover. Very busy and fast paced. Very physical. I often was requested to work more than the 24 hours I was hired in for. This could be too demanding. Also, sometimes if a co-worker called in, you would be asked to extend your shift another 2-3 hours which was hard after an already long and demanding 8-hour shift. That was the single biggest annoyance with this particular job. I did love being busy. After 8 hours of lifting heavy soft-drink pallets and beer cases, as well as standing on feet cashiering, it could leave one spent and exhausted.
Pros
Busy. Mostly lovely customers.
Cons
Short breaks, physically intensive.
Alright work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, MIFebruary 26, 2013
I worked third shift, so i was there alone most of the time, Managers were supposed to be there at 5 am to relieve me of my shift, sometimes they wouldn't get there until 6:30 sometimes 7. Co workers there were great to work with, but managment needed a little help.
Pros
your drinks only 25 cents
Cons
management