Beall's Outlet Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 22, 2019
A typical day at bealls is running the register and recovering the front part of the store and checking the dressing rooms. I've learned how to deal with difficult customers and how to work at a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is the workers. Everyone is so friendly and helpful
Bealls Outlet
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJanuary 21, 2019
As a store manager, 90 percent of your time is putting freight on the sales floor...although new initiatives to provide customer service, it doesn’t happen. Low wages for all associates, high turnover, terrible district manager. 95 percent or greater are made in China. Focus on credit cards, unrealistic. Would not recommend.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
Poor upper management
Bealls
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 21, 2019
This place kinda of sucks. Manager told me I would be getting a promotion up to supervisor and never spoke about it again. she is kind of rude and she lies a lot.
great place to work
Manager/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Great environment, but poor management. the only reason I wouldn't recommend is the unprofessional management which leads to failure in work progress.
Very caring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJanuary 20, 2019
Everyone seemed to get alone with one anther. And unless we had a bunch of people in the building it was pretty relaxed. I only got sent home once due to not enough work.
Good Start
Sales Associate/Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 20, 2019
My first job right out of high school. It provided me with opportunties to advance. After a year of working I was offered a supervisor position. Days tend to be a bit long as they are seemingly understaffed always.
Comfortable place to work but awful pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Inverness, FLJanuary 18, 2019
It's very bittersweet working for Bealls outlet. Team members are friendly and a pleasure. Very flexible hours, but not enough hours. No room for growth and awful pay.
Pros
Flexible hours, laid back environment
Cons
Pay, not enough hours
Felt like coworkers were hazing.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Bealls Outlet has a fun shopping club with the Monday and Friday 15% off. But working with people who take advantage of their Supervisor title isn't fun. I'm sure not all stores do that. I enjoyed the customers and my job in General...but those Supervisors were something I won't share. Now I see openings $10. To $14. Wow..I worked my butt off for minimum wages and holidays and I'm pretty sure another Manager would have secured me from barracudas. Love the store..Love the merchandise...hated co-workers and that mindset they had...Not team players...
Pros
Cons
Supervisors ...coworkers didnt seem to be team minded
Productive and great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJanuary 11, 2019
Could have a better work schedule to follow instead of them changing up on you and not tell you they change your schedule especially the week you work. We don’t check out schedule everyday if they change it up on us without letting us know.
Pros
After 90 days the pay goes up
Cons
The scheduling
Great customers, Mediocre general manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 7, 2019
Wonderful regular customers that are always a pleasure to have in the store. Supervisors are wonderful. They are understanding, flexible and always looking out for the other employees. General management however, sets unrealistic goals, treats certain employees better than others, treats supervisors unfairly when something out of their control occurs, and blames employees for things that they did not do.
Pros
in-store discount
Ok place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 31, 2018
It is a very reparative job for associates, supervisors, and managers. Receiving trucks two to three times a week. Unload the boxes, process all the hang, flat and shoes. And then stock it all as soon as you can. Bring it out to the floor, putting it away and cleaning as you go.

You can move up in the company, from associate to supervisor so on and so forth. But only if they think that you would be an asset to the company. Which is understandable. Management needs work. There is not a lot of thinking going on there nor communication. Sometimes the things they tell us like having time management, which isn't a bad thing, but some still don't follow that, plus the manager doesn't even get the schedule out until the Friday before the next week starts. Our weeks are Sunday to Saturday. So we literally don't get to find it out until that Friday before the new week starts again.

The culture of the place is supposed to be "Love to Work, Love to Shop", but with the way that you can't plan anything cause if the scheduling.

The long hours during the holiday times and having little ones at home waiting for you to come home and be with them. I have no problem working. But I am also all about family and taking care of my responsibilities. I am never late for work. I always show up 15 minutes early. I very rarely call out, only if I am really sick. So me wanting time with little ones around the holidays isn't to much to ask for, is it?

I really like when I can put stuff on hold and then buy it with the 20% off for employees and be able to bring that home to my family. And the
  more... 40% we get every now and then. But That isn't very important to me.  less
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Scheduling
okay company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 22, 2018
The management there is unreliable and high turnover in this company, pay is okay but not enough to survive. I would not recommend certain stores within the company but some are better managed than others.
Pros
Cons
high turnover
Team work place and flexible hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Key West, FL 33040December 19, 2018
team work place, pace working flow. A typical day at work would be cleaning the store, reorganizing the racks. Handling the cash registers. Taking care of customers.
This company I loved it's mission and it's company standards. What truly hurts all these plus was this District Manager and a few the store managers.
Store manager in training (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 19, 2018
Personal feelings to the detriment of the most positive productivity within the company and their stores and morale with all Associates. Really the company itself means great grateful greatness all of the above. Which I loved and enjoyed being a part of. I would love to still be a part of this company just not with my immediate / store manager and district manager.
Pros
If you have the personal drive to succeed you can and will sometimes
Cons
In management personal feelings aside professional 1st.
Productive and Motivating
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 10, 2018
I enjoy my time at Bealls. Helping customer make decisions on merchandise while still sales product to them. The manager was easy to work with and team player.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Productive work place for entry level employees
Sales Associate and Cashier and Stock member (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 8, 2018
I have a nice time working at bells outlet. The costumers are nice and funny. I get along with all of my coworkers, I've never had any issues. I got to learn communication skills which was what I originally intended on achieving. The job is not hard, it's easy but can sometimes become tedious. I enjoy listening to everyone.
Pros
Discounts on already fair priced clothing
Cons
Does not pay enough
Normal
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 6, 2018
I loved working there.i used to work at store 500. i had the best manager until she was moved to another store. I tried to re-apply and ended up not being able to do to corporate getting false information from another manager who did not know how to do her job. It is full of backstabbers.
bealls outlet is a good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 3, 2018
Working up front at the cash register was at times slow, but there were times you would get slammed and be the only person to help while management did paperwork in the back of the store and the only way to help some of the people was to call for management to come and help, which could take a few minutes in order to get an override for things the customer wanted. I enjoyed the downtime in which I mostly cleaned and straightened clothes and front end displays.
Great but ok at the same time
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLNovember 30, 2018
There was management change over while I worked there. Don't get me wrong management could be great. I loved working there most days but it depended on Managements mood.. some days it was great some days you wished you weren't working there. Getting a day you requested off was difficult.
Pros
Hourse
Cons
Vacations
Fun work place, loved it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLNovember 28, 2018
Would love to work at bealls again. Its a great place to work, great managers. Great products for a low price. I loved going through the cloths snd putting them out on the racks. Great over all atmosphere
Pros
Discounts on cloths, i love buying cloths
Cons
Wish i made a little extra money