Beall's Outlet Employee Reviews

very stressful
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GANovember 14, 2018
continues to harass employees on a daily basis to get credit cards , will not protect their employees from hostile customers. has such a large turnover because they don't know how to talk to their employees.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
harrassment
No training
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 6, 2018
As a store manager you would unload truck, do markdowns watch sales, payroll and scheduling in a day and start all over the next.
You would also ring the register and help customers.
Learning experience for having none
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLNovember 2, 2018
Friendly and clean environment and my manger always kept things positive every second and in ruff moments....everyone on the team schedule on days together actually worked as a team and helpful in learning discovering new skills each day
Pros
learning, clean store, clean new products, enjoyable environment
Cons
lack of hours, outdated register at the time, messy customers
Good for temporary jobs
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZNovember 1, 2018
Due to the management at the bealls outlet in buckeye I have to say that with this company came more headaches than anything. I was a supervisor for almost 2 years and every day the manager would manage to say something that was belittling or made me feel unappreciated. I wouldn't recommend working for this specific location. You wont get the hours youre supposed to and there is no respect.
Great Environment
Associate to Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLOctober 29, 2018
I worked at a Bealls Outlet store and actually loved my co-workers which is something that most people cannot say. The company itself is not so bad but it also depends very much on what store you work at.
Pros
Had a great manager, simple work
great place to experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, FLOctober 25, 2018
I worked at an Outlet for 2 years in an extremely fast paced and high volume store and loved most aspects of the job.Typical day would be either scanning through markdowns rushing in to sort truck all the while listening for when cashiers need help up front, run fitting rooms, and throwing stock while being timed. however, I learned effective merchandising, organizational and planning skills, patience, and communication skills. Pay is not great for how much you are expected to do. Most of the team management and employees were outstanding and helpful. These few people were really what made the job for me. It was a welcoming family atmosphere. But towards the end we were left short staffed for an unacceptable amount of time which led to high tensions and a more than usual chaotic rush to complete everything in a timely manner. I enjoyed most customers, making pretty displays,unloading trucks, and making lasting connections to customers.
Pros
Great place to learn and gain experience in the retail field
Cons
Outrageous amount of work to multitask, not everyone shares in the work load.
Management team was horrible
Cashier. Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLOctober 25, 2018
understaffed Management team was terrible. Some of the team talked down to staff in front of customers. Management not very nice at all.Training is not enough for the staff.
Nice Place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLOctober 24, 2018
she can sometimes work with your schedule.The hardest part was communicating. Management did not always communicate. I learned many things that I don't know where to start off. I liked being myself and knowing that the employees had to do what the management say.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Doesn't appreciate everything you do
like high school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLOctober 23, 2018
I worked there for over a year and when changes occurred in my life, the company could not continue to work with me and it was very unprofessional while they did do very good with work with my hours and daily life and school. However the management I experienced changed after almost a year and after that it went downhill. The drama and conflicts with everyone was just very unprofessional.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
unprofessional work enviornment
management was difficult
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Willow Creek Canyon, AZOctober 23, 2018
Staff was ok to work with for the most part. Several employees did not want to do their job leaving it for others to do. Did work with the money and reports. Supervised several
Pros
20% discount
Cons
too many employees were not doing their job
bealls outlet
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, FLOctober 18, 2018
bealls outlet was a fun, exciting company to work for. everyday was something different however, the lack of training was the biggest issue. Management and supervisors weren't trained proper. The other issue was there was alot of theft with no LP to manage it.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
lack of benefits and training
Part time receiving
Recieving (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 16, 2018
I work part time and enjoy the job. I like the managers and employees. We unload the trucks, tag clothes, organize jewelry and knickknacks, and make sure the clothes on the floor look nice. I enjoy tagging the clothes. The hardest part of the job is the trucks. We make sure everything is in the right place and organize things by men's clothes, women's clothes, kids, lingerie, toys, accessories....Then we get it ready to be put on the sales floor.
Pros
Good hours, nice people, not stressful
Cons
I work two days a week (part time)
Amazing Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Auburndale, FLOctober 15, 2018
This is an amazing place to work. The management team is incredibly helpful and fair. I think that if you’re looking for a great working environment... this is the place for you.
Pros
Great management team, flexible hours
Productive learning invronment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2018
I had a great manager and team members to work with at Beall's outlet. I grew as a person and an employee with my time working there. I grew intellectually there as well.
Managment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburndale, FLOctober 9, 2018
If you are at a store with a great management team then no worries but one a new manager comes in and takes advantage of their position it all goes down hill the current manager at the auburndale store is horrible I do not recommend go apply to a different store!!!
Pros
1 hour break, paid time off
Cons
Managment
Great company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAOctober 7, 2018
This company helped me to learn determination and team work. We remodeled the whole store stocked and unpackaged. It helped me to learn how to work with others and to work on multiple things at one to in a time manageable way that was helpful to your job performance
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work if under the age of 30 or a college student
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 5, 2018
This company was great about giving you time off when needed.
People over 30 were not likely to get advanced.
The work was hard for such little pay for example you had to clean
both men's and women's restrooms, sweep and mop the whole entire store floor, clean out all dressing rooms including all mirrors,
clean the widows and front doors , counter tops at registers before you even opened the store. Therefore you were already tired and sweaty before even opening and had then had to work as Customer Service Associate all day being sweaty.
Poor Management Poor Pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 28, 2018
The overall company pay is below average. The management system is inconsistent and unprofessional. The day to day work is simple and easily understandable; however the amount of degrading from upper management (Store, DISTRICT, and Regional Managers) is completely unprofessional. It makes coming into work a dreadful process. I don't expect everyone to have a "sunny" day everyday, but its pretty ridiculous when the DISTRICT manager is screaming and cursing at you and making false accusations between mangers from multiple locations. HR hasn't acted upon any of the complaints put in by multiple associates or managers.
Pros
Fun to merchandise
Cons
Poor Management
Stressful, Underpaid
Customer Service, Sales Associate, Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLSeptember 27, 2018
I worked there for over 5 years and despite getting along with coworkers as well as making several accomplishments within the company I was never promoted. The few small raises I had received were pretty much erased when they raised the base pay per hour for everyone, so I was getting paid the same as new employees when I'd been employed for 5 years, the raises did not carry over.

I've watched very many people be hired on for positions the company could have promoted me or a few others for. There was rarely a promotion from within. My title was sales associate but I had Supervisor responsibilities. Normally a Supervisor would have 1 maybe 2 departments to care for. I had 4 of my own and then I shared 2 others with actual Supervisors (who couldn't do it on their own) on top of me doing the expected Sales Associate duties (customer assistance, Cashier, Cleaning). So instead of moving me to the appropriate position they just had me do the duties I wasn't being paid for. I had the bulk of the work but this happened to a few others who were given smaller responsibilities that also did not fit their title

I left after seeing I wasn't going anywhere within the company for so many years. I couldn't live off of the pay I'd been receiving, and the management was terrible. New management specifically. The last few months were painful to be honest. I was the 5th person within 2 months to leave out of people who'd been working there for over 2 years prior to the new management. I left less than a month ago and 2 others have left since then...so yeah they are hiring.
Pros
Discount
Cons
low pay, healthcare, inconsistent hours, terrible management
Good coworkers and manager is flexible.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 25, 2018
It can be a very fast paced place to work. Most of the customers are pleasant and kind.
The merchandise is great and there is a small discount for employees.