Bealls Inc. Employee Reviews

Slow and cut-throat workplace.
LEAD LOSS PREVENTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLDecember 1, 2018
Management will lie to you, then throw you under the bus. Company has a policy manual that they o only follow when it is convenient to them. Pay is appalling for the risk of the job.
Pros
Store closes early.
Cons
Management, pay.
Job staff is very kind and easy to get along with.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 1, 2018
I’ve worked for this company for 3 years. The way they give raises is terrible maybe like .05 - .10 cent raises yearly something terrible like so. The district management expects the impossible of you, treats people unfairly. Through my opinion Bealls is very unprofessional and unfair, definitely not something to make a career out of but good for the experience.
Pros
Good friendly team to work with, experience
Cons
Low raises, not much room to advance past ASM or management positions
very disorganize, poor management and very unfair with employees
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLNovember 27, 2018
No training at all. No time to answer questions but they want everything done. No nice words of appreciation or encouragement. Very stressful environment. No breaks. They are always under staff.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Slow paced.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Giddings, TXNovember 27, 2018
Bealls is a slow paced store. Bealls is pretty small so normally end up just folding and straightened clothes or checking out the customers. The janitor comes about twice a week theirs not much to clean up.
wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXNovember 12, 2018
Never about the customers, you have no room to be creative, have to make a sales minimum, pay isn't that great, wouldn't recommend at all whatsoever yeah
Its a fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GANovember 5, 2018
Enjoyed every minute of working and most of the poeple I work with it was hard for me due to my back but I came in with a very sweet face and amazing smile ready to work
Pros
Great lunch times
Cons
Brakes were amazing
Good entry-level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLOctober 29, 2018
Overall, I enjoyed working here. I got along well with most of the management and most of my fellow coworkers. The scheduling was very flexible and there were plenty of opportunities to work in different departments. I left because I was no longer able to support myself of the wages earned.
Pros
Work environment, Tasks
Cons
Pay rate
Stressful fast paced
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLOctober 21, 2018
The wages were no where near what they should be for the amount of work they expect from the management team. Helping customers find the merchandise they were looking for was always rewarding.
It went to heck in a hand basket
Processor/Handler, Truck Crew, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLOctober 17, 2018
First year was great, untill i brought up that I'd been working for a year and asked for a raise.
Very shortly after that the manager left, and the stock rook manager left, and people were brought in from other stores who had NO clue of what they were doing.
Shortly after they lost the stock room manager I'd asked to take the position. They decided it would be better to take someone who had never even worked with the company and let him fill that role.
He came in and turned everything upside-down and backwards.
so within my last 6 month 2 more managers left, we only had one real manager running the store, the other being an area manager.
Things started getting backed up for months. employee moral dropped to an all time low, and it came to a point where couldn't advance.
I put in my two weeks and fund a job at the UPS store in Seminole.
Pros
15 minute paid break
Cons
mandatory 30 minute lunch unpaid.
Stressless job with a great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Giddings, TXOctober 11, 2018
This job was really great for someone who barely joined the labor force and wants to have experience in customer service to help get a work experience and help someone hone their social skills when dealing with customers whether the customers were difficult or not. The work culture was real amazing and everyone got along which made even slow work days go by fast
Pros
flexible hours, great management, good work culture
Cons
low pay and the only chance to earn more was to earn more commission but commission was low as well
Bealls
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 3, 2018
Great store and enjoyed working there and still enjoy shopping there. Coworkers are friendly and good people, management was caring and respectful. Discount was good.
Pros
discount
Cons
schedule
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2018
Relocate Merchandise, Interview, Supervised everything, Handle Cash and Checks transaction. Handle costumers complains and compliments. Fast pace environment. Great environment to work with.
Good place to get started
CAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 2, 2018
Good place to get started and grow your skills. Can be difficult to advance to upper levels. Bealls has a very traditional culture with enforced dress codes and business hours. They offer full benefits but they are the minimal not anything noteworthy.
this place is the literal worst
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLSeptember 30, 2018
management was rude and uncaring. tried to make everyone feel like they were specifically out to get them. pay was not worth all the different job titles. hours were inconsistent. i.e. 15 hours one week and then 39 the next. management did not take responsibility for anything and put every and all mistakes off on employees. i was hired at “on-call” when i was told i was part time while being given 40 hours a week. but did not receive the benefits of full or part time because i was tricked and put in the system as “on-call”. super disrespectful and over working place. treats employees ridiculously terrible.
Pros
free lunches on occasion.. usually chips and soda
Cons
no 15 minutes breaks, no healthcare, no paid vacation or sick time, management terrible
Amibiente de trabajo agradable.
Supervisor de warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton,FL U.S.ASeptember 19, 2018
Mejor trabajo que he tenido tanto en sueldo como en horarios de trabajo.
okay workplace
retail associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 16, 2018
overall i really enjoyed working at this company. up until i started to not have any hours week by week and then i had to contact corporate and that started to face also....
Pros
employee discount on clothes
Cons
no hours
Poor Management
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I loved my job as visual merchandising manager. Unfortunately I can not agree with how that particular stores management was. There was a lot of down talking employees behind their backs. Lack of communication.
Very Old School place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 4, 2018
I traveled a lot and the mentality is very old school at Bealls. Very inconsistent goals and initiatives. The systems are out of date but they are working on changing it.
still working there
customer service (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLSeptember 4, 2018
They give you hours and keep you busy. A typical day would be: check customers out, empty dressing rooms and recover the store at night. There is some customer service to do as well. It is fun.
Constant overturn in staffing with low compensation
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Compensation is one of the lowest with constant turn over. advancement is only permitted if willing to relocate to the other side of the state, Full time status can be greatly reduced with approval by management if not interested in relocating.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bealls Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight