Bealls Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,000 reviews matching the search See all 1,002 reviews
Overall, poor rating
Corporate Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 27, 2019
Job satisfaction was directly tied to your immediate supervisor. My experience was poor due to that. The quality and integrity of the supervisor staff was poor. It got better as you went above the front line to upper management.
Cons
Limited opportunities, difficult environment to work if you don't speak Spanish..
Great work place
Speed (ticketing) (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 26, 2019
I absolutely loved it when I worked here. It was a shame that I had to leave this amazing job due to circumstances cause I would still be working there today if otherwise. I recommend this job to anybody
Pros
They have a huge lunch took with snacks and soda, etc.
Cons
You're on your feet for 10 hours straight
I was very happy working in bealls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 23, 2019
I started working in bealls outlet in marco island in 2001 ,then moved to naples and got transfered to coastal home ,when coastal home closed I was placed in regular bealls store 12 worked until 2016 then retired ,I really miss working for bealls would like to do part time .
Pros
Good benefits and hours
Cons
Far from worst, not the very best
Loss Prevention Agent; Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLFebruary 20, 2019
I had a great experience working for Bealls. My managers were great and really motivated me. There is a work/life balance. The only downside is the benefits/compensation. Overall a positive experience and I likely would have stayed if the pay and advancement opportunity existed.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Pay and benefits
Bealls offered a true team environment for their store, a trust account given by the company, and benifits. Salary, so so. Enjoyed working there
Bealls Department Store Deerfield Beach Fl Sales (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2019
From the time that I first spoke to the general manager on the phone then met him during the hiring and until he was promoted to a larger store he had a very good attitude with all the employees.
My attitude about working at Bealls was very good because of the team environment that most of the other employees also had.
The pay was so so , most of the managers were great.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
Cons
So so pay
Good Work Day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 9, 2019
it was never a dull day and a very interesting environment to work in. you are always busy on your feet, assisting different customers who have different needs/opinions/commands/demands, etc...workplace culture was fun, energetic and everyone was always helping each other out and looking out for one another. Management was very clear about what would be expected but also helpful when it comes to answering questions or concerns. most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers i got to meet and customers i interacted with on a daily basis and the hardest part of the job was dealing with rude, angry, upset and just irate customers. overall i learned it takes a lot of patience to work in this type of environment but it is well worth it.
Productive work enviroment
Stocking Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJanuary 31, 2019
Management, and other employees, facilitated a helpful, clean, and productive workplace that allowed for customer satisfaction within the retail environment.
You cannot trust this employer
Bradenton - Merchandise Asst (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 31, 2019
You work your butt off for them to not acknowledge your hard work. It is almost impossible to move up in this company if you have additional hobbies outside of work that isn't revolved around being a merchant.
Pros
mon-fri
Cons
poor salary, disrespectful atmosphere, lack of moral
Fun place to work
Unlock administrative (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 23, 2019
On job training. E learnings available for anything you would like to learn or need to learn, Likes to promote from within. A good job if you are looking to move up to a management position.
Great Place to Work, Pay is Low.
Store Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 20, 2019
I love working for Bealls. This was my first job, and I lucked out. The employees and management are great, the only downsides are the hours and pay. The hours you get each week vary greatly, and there is no constant number. Also, the pay isn’t great. Even if you know what you’re doing and you’re good at it, the pay does not reflect that. We get raises every year of around $0.25. As you advance at Bealls and begin to learn new things and take on more responsibility, there is no compensation for the added responsibility.
Pros
Great Employees and Management.
Cons
Inconsistent Hours and Low Pay
Frustrating
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLJanuary 7, 2019
I had no formal training as felt I was "thrown to the wolves". I had training, however, it was very un-formal, limited and not enough of it! I enjoyed working with my co-workers, who, thankfully were very helpful.
Normal retail sales environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Normal retail sales environment.
Good job to learn customer service skills
Good job for college students
Good job if you are interested in fashion
Discount incentive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2019
A good place to work, but the cashiers are not paid too well compared to other retailers. Great management and very good District managers. Benefits and the discounts are really good.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
hourly wage is not too competitive.
Not really the most fun environment but it’s not bad
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 12, 2018
Working at Beall’s is a great experience, the management and the associates are very nice and hardworking. It is not the most fun environment but the work is not that hard.
Pros
I can get 3, 000 dollars for tuition
It was ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2018
It is not great but it is ok for a first job. Unfortunately, management was always a little shady with the hours. They always tried to send people home early or cut their hours without notice. This was bad because they would expect the small number of workers they have to pick up and do way more than they were being paid for. Not a great place to try and grow, however, it is a good start.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no commission for credit card sales, low pay and low yearly raises
Slow and cut-throat workplace.
LEAD LOSS PREVENTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLDecember 1, 2018
Management will lie to you, then throw you under the bus. Company has a policy manual that they o only follow when it is convenient to them. Pay is appalling for the risk of the job.
Pros
Store closes early.
Cons
Management, pay.
Job staff is very kind and easy to get along with.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 1, 2018
I’ve worked for this company for 3 years. The way they give raises is terrible maybe like .05 - .10 cent raises yearly something terrible like so. The district management expects the impossible of you, treats people unfairly. Through my opinion Bealls is very unprofessional and unfair, definitely not something to make a career out of but good for the experience.
Pros
Good friendly team to work with, experience
Cons
Low raises, not much room to advance past ASM or management positions
very disorganize, poor management and very unfair with employees
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLNovember 27, 2018
No training at all. No time to answer questions but they want everything done. No nice words of appreciation or encouragement. Very stressful environment. No breaks. They are always under staff.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Slow paced.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Giddings, TXNovember 27, 2018
Bealls is a slow paced store. Bealls is pretty small so normally end up just folding and straightened clothes or checking out the customers. The janitor comes about twice a week theirs not much to clean up.
wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockport, TXNovember 12, 2018
Never about the customers, you have no room to be creative, have to make a sales minimum, pay isn't that great, wouldn't recommend at all whatsoever yeah

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bealls Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight