Bealls Inc. Employee Reviews

Great discounts; wonderful co-workers
Customer Service and Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 12, 2018
Retail is difficult even at its best. But this was the home store for this Florida-based corporation. Anyone from the departmental buyers to regional managers to the president of the company could walk in at any time. There was a lot of pressure to have a perfect store during an economy that limited our ability to staff the store adequately during the day.
Pros
Great people and good discounts
Cons
The expectation that managers should "manage" instead of "lead" their employees.
its your choice if you want this job or not
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLAugust 11, 2018
this is always a part time job unfortunately u cannot move up the ladder because they don't have those type of opportunities due to workers that have been there for 10+ years. the management was new when i got hired and they just pushed me right into everything. i had been working there for a month and i wasn't done with any type of training but they still told me to sign off on certain things. I worked in the shoe department mostly by myself and had not clue what to do for the first couple of weeks due to no one helping. I also had to train 3 people based of the little knowledge i had.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no teamwork, no training, no help
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLAugust 9, 2018
Lots to learn but not hard, they have someone there to help you. They are flexible in their schedules, hard part is having to remember about the coupons.
It was a job to help the family out with
Customer service and gift wrapping (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 9, 2018
Enjoyed it while during the Christmas Season. After Christmas Season wrapping gifts for customers. Also learned a little bit of customer Service. Would like more training.
Pros
Enjoyed the discount when buying for the family
Cons
Not enough training sessions for employees.
No training when asking seasoned employees for help they were either unwilling or were unhappy to answer questions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 8, 2018
Management needs to train employees and work more closely with associates assuring them they are willing to jump in and help with guest questions and register duties. Felt I was left to figure things out on my own.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management interaction and training
The workday could be stressful trying to acquire the amount of credit card sales assigned to you.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 7, 2018
A typical day at work was trying to acquire the amount of credit card sales assigned for you. This could be stressful because management would strickly enforce sales lines and tactics, which were very repetitive. Only management are rewarded for the amount of credit card sales received on their shift by employees. However I really enjoyed the customers and my co-workers and all other responsibilities of the job.
Peaceful environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 6, 2018
Quite unprofessional but fairly easy work , friendly associates, not too many hours a week but fairly pay! Friendly environment. Offered points by buy
fun and relaxed
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 2, 2018
This job is very customer driven everything we do is to serve the customer and make sure their experience is the best the staff is very team oriented and we all work together well to provide the best customer service experience while making the store look clean and inviting
fun place to work at
Department Leader (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXAugust 1, 2018
Hours are given to the employees they like or are good employees. Managers do not have the appropriate training to provide to new employees. Work wise it is a fun place especially when you get to see the usual customers on a daily basis.
Great position.
Merchandise Handled/Men's Departmeent (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 27, 2018
I loved the job, but unfortunately health issues intervened, and I had to terminate my position. I wished things could have worked out but ultimately I was not able to return to gainful employment until April of that year.
Pros
store discounts
fast pace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Elgin, TXJuly 27, 2018
Sold clothes shoes, The manager was nice. The hardest part was stopping the shoplifters. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and some of the customers.
Pros
the people
Cons
working weekings
Flexible and Laid-back
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy working here. The tasks are fun and simple! The workplace is fluid and cultured. You meet people from all over the world through one simple transaction.
Sales Representative, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COJuly 26, 2018
Work with costumers, i never typical days. Everyday is different and always have challenge. Different culture and belief ( Interesting ). Management a was acceptable, I wish management include different styles of cloths. The most enjoyable was make people happy and make sure their found what their looking for.
Pros
N/a
Good
Logistics department is very underappreciated
Support Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJuly 25, 2018
My work weeks at Bealls had 15-28 hours max, sometimes even less. Truck day would be 5-6 hours and was very hard work. Did not provide proper safety equipment and you were required to maintain a dresscode (business-casual) during unload. No extra time given. As a Sales associate, up-selling the credit cards was expected.
Pros
A lot of free time at home
Cons
No hours, not safe
Great company
Sale Associate - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 20, 2018
Working from home is encouraged. You get to work and meet new people almost everyday. Pay and benefit is also great and they provide training. I recommend
fast pace retail shop
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 19, 2018
fast pace retail shop, worked at the mall location. Had too many thefts take place in the store. Management was great benefits and pay could use some improvements.
Common since work environment
Developer Analyst .Net (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 19, 2018
Bell's is a very good place to work. Nice people and interesting work. I really enjoy my time there. Everyone was very helpful. Very good company culture.
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 18, 2018
From my perspective, this is an excellent company to work for. I am sure if you look for something negative, you will find it about Beall's, Inc. The company has been in business for over 100 years and still doing very well.
Pros
Culture of the company is excellent
Cons
Growth
Good work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2018
Great work environment busy nice and friendly people always learning something new definitely a great place to work very great management and very good Training
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Slow paced, relaxed environment, pleasant employees and customers.
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at Beall's Outlet is a pleasant day filled with selling customers items that they are excited to buy. I help customers pick out clothing and home furnishings, check them out at the register and keep up with the fitting rooms, and go backs, I also do stocking and recovery. I have a wonderful manger/supervisor team and wonderful co-workers. Our main priority is our customers and making their shopping experience pleasant. Compared to other jobs and positions I have held, there is no hard part of this job. I enjoy working with the customers and I am always happy when they leave the store excited about their purchase.
Pros
Wonderful, relaxed work environment and wonderful customers.
Cons
Low turnover doesn't allow for many advancements opportunities, or full time positions. No benefits, low hourly wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bealls Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight