Bealls Stores
69Average

Bealls Stores Employee Reviews

United States319 reviews
I enjoy talking to the customers and helping them find what they are looking for. That is all. Now that the store is closing it is very sad and upsetting. I love the coworkers and my store manager but we are to close in mid October and that is sad
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Not enough money for all the work that I do
They don’t care about their employees at all. You could be the best employee ever and they still treat you like a slave. No place for advancement. Horrible company to work for.
Corporate is cold demeaning and cheap to their employees.
you get timed on unloading and cleaning ,its like bootcamp but without honor and DEFINETLY NO INCENTIVES.

during the holidays they double , perhaps even, triple the work of unloading the truck

and forALL THE EXTREME HARDWORK YOU DID they give you , lots of pressure to go faster when unloading. holidays you get .....

( nothing ) no bonus , no , gifts, ,

just a unfriendly demoralizing looking down on you overall!! I'm just disgusted with their attitude towards their employees.
Pros
Cons
Everthing!
I really like this place to work at every one is very friendly all staff, and customers always get the help they need from us employees.
All staff help each other out and management pushes us and motivates us to be better every day and they support us l.
Friendly staff and a good place to work. I am able to work in all areas of the store instead of just one , management is flexible . Company has employees appreciation days regularly and little bonuses for the employees.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
excellent, and happy working with them,productive and fun working but some of my co-employee needs to focus, always be patient and provide or help customers in their needs.
Over all Bealls was a nice place to work, specially if you are in school or retired. There really isn’t room to grow and move up in company. You can get moved to different departments, however that’s not moving up/promotion. Full time you will not get unless management or been there forever. If you are looking for part time this is the perfect place.
Working at Bealls is overall a basic retail job. Nothing that you wouldn’t expect out of any store.
Definitely some room for advancement.

I was a seasonal employee that became an ASM within 2 years.

The only problem was the elder management and their favoritism.

I thought becoming an ASM that I could change things, but it was hard because they still stuck to their old ways.

That’s the only reason I put in my 2-weeks notice...they made it that unbearable.
We had 4 different managers in 1 year. All the managers kept getting fired for different reasons.

New managers would give new hires good hours and people that had been there for long time having their hours cut.
I enjoyed it except the pay was terrible and no chance for promotion or benefits. Too much emphasis placed on pressuring guests to open credit accounts.
Always make sure if you’re applying for a Bealls (stage) job you look for the most popular store.
They’re big on making there money, and selling there cards!! That is the job! If you’re not good, at selling things, or promoting them, I wouldn’t apply here!
Pros
It felt like family working with your coworkers
Cons
If you don’t sell the cards or magazines it actually impacts your job!
I worked at The villages Bealls on 466 although, I haven’t worked there in a few years, Depending on your co-workers and management team (mine were great at the time) I love them all, and it can be a fun, enjoyable place to work with room for advancement opportunities! I moved to another state, so that’s my reason for leaving. I miss it and the friends I made!
The Villages Customers Can be great if

You kill them with kindness they will love you! Be positive, and do your job and all will be great!

Speak up and you can get the pay you deserve although some managers can hold you back.
Under pay, hard run around work for money, snooty environment, no balance, just not nice management to work for, had to learn yourself, some good co workers but then not
Good experience over all. Stressful environment, not enough employees, large turn over. Managers always changing which makes for constant change in policy. People you worked with were like family.
I loved my job in Atlanta. We worked as a family.. Manager is great
My job there was easy most of the time. The Company set us a goal to get in Sales, selling magazines & getting New accounts. Customers didnt like the magazines at all.
The management was wonderful for me. I always felt good to go to work. It’s a good community. The company was good about putting the customers first and making sure they are happy 100%
Pros
Getting to talk with people all the time
Cons
Low hours
The established Sales Associates at this store location are well-versed in the store's procedures and are very willing to help guide and teach newly hired associates. Cashiers are also expected to not only assist customers at check-out & sign up customers for the store's reward program & credit card, but to also juggle putting fitting room clothing back on the racks throughout the day. This is frustrating to customers who look for quick check out and availability of cashiers. The managers might consider hiring part-time employees who do nothing but check fitting rooms, put clothes back, and straighten displays throughout the day, versus having sales associates stay after the store has closed to perform these tasks much less take them off the registers during the day. Managers are interactive with the employees and quite approachable, however some managers tend to openly air employee issues in front of other employees which is unprofessional and awkward for the employees who overhear the conversations. Hourly pay is low for the expected job tasks compared to competitive retailers for the same amount of work. Overall, the Sales Associate position might be a good part-time job for students or adults who want a second income, but is not a job condusive to career/company advancement.
Pros
Full time hours OR flexible part-time hours, employee discount, friendly staff
Cons
Low hourly pay rate, overtasking, poor advancement opportunities
Beall's is a family friendly store for guest's and employees. They try to do their best by giving us the training we need to do our jobs well. It;s a very positive work place.
Pros
You can win a weekly gift card, free lunches, extra discount days!
Cons
Long hours during the holidays.
I worked there part time so that I could be home with my kids. It was a great job for what it was and my manager was also great. She worked with me on the hours that I needed.
Was working over time and 40 hours a week Like a full time worker but was getting paid part time pay. The general manager Is awful and unorganized. Doesn't pay employees right and treats them awful
The Moment I applied to Bealls the Manager and Assistant Manager were so friendly and helpful, they explained to me what my duties were going to be and who I would be working with. Everyone was super nice!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bealls Stores. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9