Bealls Stores Employee Reviews

Family oriented workplace, Professional at all times, Management was instrumental giving guidance and daily feedback. Was a great company to work for
Planning Administrator (Former Employee) –  Corporate at 38th ave east bradenton florida 34209January 19, 2019
A typical workday consisted of being present at 8:00 reviewing to do list regarding SAS solutions on demand , planning and distribution system. I've learned the upstart of a new planning system and how the stores are performing . Chain plans are also reviewed and worksheets are added or revised. Management was instrumental in giving good guidance and daily feedback. The hardest part of the job was trying to ensure good plans were in place at the store and chain level. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you could work independently because you knew what you had to do and had the flexibility to do it . The workplace culture was one of family oriented workplace. People who were at different levels worked interactively with one another. It wasn't one level just worked at one level but worked with all levels.
Pros
Equal opportunities, fair practices, professional environment
very stressful
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 16, 2019
When I started at Bealls almost 7years ago, it was fun and not stressful. There has been a lot of upper management changes and has become very stressful. The workload that is given to the stores is not manageable and no one cares. If you try to explain that what is being asked to accomplish is unreasonable you are accused of making excuses. I work hard and enjoy working with the sales staff and the gusts in the store, but corporate is unreasonable and had no idea about the workload and stress that is felt in the stores. People leave all the time due to this.
My opinion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calallen, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I kinda enjoyed working at bealls but the management was very favoritable when it came to some employees. Over all i liked the customers i had an some of the employees
Great starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXJanuary 10, 2019
This was a good and fun experience to learn from and grow from. All the ladies I worked with from different backgrounds and ages showed me a thing or tow about anything and everything that had to do with that store. Fun place to work for. Cool people . Great opportunity to further yourself in any career
Pros
Positive people, you learn how to handle stress and work in a fast paced environment
Cons
Super busy, short handed, everyone calling in
Bealls Department Store is among a dying breed
Visual Lead, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Unfortunately it is solely a Florida Based company with only minimal other locations in the south. That being said advancement in the store level was not common and trying to obtain a corporate position was next to impossible. Management in the stores is very unstable at best. Many of the stores are being shut down or downsized due to lack in sales and other competitors.
People are not friendly! Too much drama
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Store pay is Horrible! Too much work expected for nothing. Also very judging on how you look. Tattoos are frowned on. Shame.I would never work there again. Very cold environment
Pros
Cons
judgmental people. Poor Managment
High Turnover
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 3, 2019
The company can never move forward because the majority of the staff leaves within a few years leaving new employees with little experience. Upper management does not care about this problem. To them you are expendable. Bealls recruits people right out of college and pays them peanuts. To move up in the company you just have to out last everyone else which might only take a few years since everyone leaves.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Slow to adapt to new technology and trends
Bealls
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXDecember 19, 2018
Bealls is a low key retail store. Loved helping customers, Enjoyed the people I worked with, the hardest part of the job was the long hours on Holidays.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low pay
Worst retail store ever
Receiving ad set cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 11, 2018
If you like working with people who are friendly to your face and talk trash about you behind your back then this is the place for you. Drama drama drama. Management is so fake. They really dont care about there 'guests', they only care about you getting credit cards opened.
Pros
Receiving is the best
Cons
No healthcare fake management
Took a horrible turn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLNovember 26, 2018
New management came in. Ruler of the roost. It is all about him and when speaking it’s “me, me, me”. High pressure from upper management. Corporate doesn’t care about anyone either. They only care about themselves. The store manager & his puppets. Find another place to work where you are appreciated. Believe me, you definitely will not be appreciated at this store. Very sad situation. Very high turn-over as well. People do not stay long once they see how things are ran. Very poor training. Never anything in black & white, just gray lines.
Pros
Peers
Cons
Upper Management & High Pressure
Great college job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXNovember 25, 2018
Working for Beall's is a great opportunity for someone still in high school or attending college to earn some extra money. I also provides an instruction into the retail business world.
love the discount at christmas
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLNovember 13, 2018
early morning hours in shipping and receiving
back room should be able to wear tennis shoes due to cold and very little customer contact
i love that it keeps you busy so the day goes by faster
you can take your lunch break anytime you want and you do have people you can talk to if you have an issue
Pros
its an easy job, pay is worth it and good people
Cons
3 and 4 am is too early, many clicks there, they dont offer overtime
no work life balance
manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2018
schedule changes frequently
upper management have low view of associates
discount is not great, coupons are better
technology is ancient
communication is not always clear
Discounts of 10% on merchandise.
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 7, 2018
Enjoyed working around customers by helping with purchases. Had the opportunity to advance from sales associate to handling night audits for each registers with balances and posting end of day sales.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTNovember 6, 2018
Most days you are kept very busy. I've learned how to manage my time and get things done consistently. All associates are always very welcoming and supportive of each other.
Bealls is a good place to work if you like sales, or need a part-time job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLNovember 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with the people at Beall's, however, I feel that sales is not the place for me. I have 20 plus years working in an office and feel that is where I need to be. I have studied accounting in college and would really prefer a job in an office.
Pros
Management worked with employees regarding their schedules, employee discounts are a couple of the pros.
Cons
The job paid $9.00 per hour, had to push to reach goals for Bealls charge card and Coast to Coast rewards, and keeping up with putting items from the fitting rooms back in stock.ting rooms back
Don't Bother
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 1, 2018
They trick you into getting in there by painting a pretty picture, Then once your in everything they said is the opposite. I was making more at my old job and they promised if me the same pay once I showed them I can produce. Once I did and they mentioned me as one of their top ten employees. I never got the money I was making. So in other words, They tricked and lied to me just to get me in. Don't bother......
Pros
Discounted merchandise
Cons
everything else.
It’s a good part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDOctober 25, 2018
As a sales associate my hours are definitely flexible. You have to apply AGAIN if there is an availability to move up.
The daily tasks are so easy it’s almost ridiculous. Not a bad job to have if you’re going to school part time as well.
But don’t expect a lot of pay because I literally only make minimum wage.
Pros
Good environment, easy job, awesome part time.
Cons
Small pay, no scheduled breaks unless you work a certain amount of hours even if it’s barely below that limit, no benefits unless you’re a manager or assistant.
Bad Pay, Terrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXSeptember 30, 2018
I worked at Bealls for over 4.5 years. I was never promoted, & the raises I received were literally a few cents! My last raise was 9 cents. The job isn’t hard, but the expectations of getting your job done in 20 hours per week were ridiculous. Customers are always right, are always complaining, & expect to be treated like royalty. They make a huge mess & have the attitude “I don’t work here, & that’s your job!” That’s true, but I’m not a maid, either. Honestly, if you want to work hard, & not be rewarded in any way: Go work @ Bealls!!!
Pros
The employee discount was awesome!
Cons
The pay, the hours, working nights, weekends, & every holiday!
Fast Paced, room for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COSeptember 25, 2018
Room for advancement, hours are strictly adhered to, no more than 40 hours for full time, no overtime. Was able to go from temporary part time to asst.store manager in one year. Able to reach district area manager whenever the situation arose. Company incentives to produce
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
holidayhours