Beans & Brews Employee Reviews

Would recommend anyone to work here
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTSeptember 3, 2019
I loved the atmosphere that this job has given me for the past 5 years. I’ve learned patience, quick paced, and exceptional customer Service skills. I’ve also grown close relationships with coworkers, and have made friendships within the business.
Pros
Discounted Coffee, Environment
Productive, upbeat environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  North Ogden, UTSeptember 1, 2019
Very upbeat environment with lots of areas to grow and learn in. My focus was to oversee the store as a whole, make sure everything is running how it should be.
They do not care about employees
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 1, 2019
In my experience, management only cares to have anyone open or close the store. They even go to hire anyone just to have bodies.

Eventhough the company tries pushes for consistency in all comporate stores, they struggle in doing so. This happens because no one actually takes the time to go through company policies. This is frustrating because you get angry customers demanding the same same service the received at another store, but goes against B&B policies.

This company could improve if they stopped trying to be Starbucks.
Pros
Free drip coffee/tea, discounts at your home store, $10 paid meal($5 drink $5 food)
Cons
No breaks if really busy, Goodluck trying to cover a shift, environment similar to a fast food restaurant not a coffee shop, no you cannot get a discount at other stores
Amazing people to work with
Barista (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 25, 2019
Due to complication i was let go and no understanding to the difficulty of health. But overall an amazing company. Great place to work and amazing people to work with. What made it so amazing were my customers my regulars. It was a complete feeling.
Amazing work place loved the people
Barista/Shiftlead (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 24, 2019
I wish that I could have kept my job there I just had to move and I would tell everyone they needed to get a job here and they did and I never got a bad review even at different locations.
Bad Management
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Millcreek, UTMay 25, 2019
Beans and Brews was a fun job to work at as all my co-workers were fun and made the job enjoyable but as our manager was a micro-manager, he didn't know how to run the store.
Pros
Fun, Enjoyable Job
Worst. Management. Ever.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDApril 24, 2019
The job itself wasnt horrible, but you dont get properly trained, you basically have to guess if you're doing things right. If you're NOT, you get in trouble and yelled at. So much flip flop from the manager. One day you're friends, the next they cant stand you. There were definitely favorites. Be ready to hardly work any hours if the manager doesnt like you. And heads up, management lies through their teeth. Even if you're absolutely desperate for a little money, I do NOT suggest working here
Shift Leader/ Barista (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 4, 2019
They hire managers from the outside, and managers can be 18 with hardly any experience! In my first year alone, my store went through 3 managers, and my last manager was very sexist, causing me to ultimately terminate my job.
It is a fun and a fast paced place to work.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day is making food and coffee for people to make their day better while you are maintain the shop and prepare it for the next day. I learned how to be a stronger leader with being a shift lead. The beans culture is loving and supportive while still being professional in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was working only nights while going to school full time and if I needed a shift covered, it was rare to have someone help me out. The thing I love the most about working there was meeting more people that work there. They have been some of the most genuine people that I have ever met.
Working at Beans provides you with a fast-pace, exciting work environment. Depending on your crew, you’re most likely to be around positive people.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 18, 2019
Beans & Brews provided a relaxed working atmosphere, yet it sparked with excitement during the rushes. It was a simple routine type job, but it was relaxing to the mind. My coworkers were fun & everyone is seen as an equal for the most part.
Pros
Discounts, delicious drinks, 30% off merch
Hardest part was also I was the only one that knew how to deep clean all the machines
Barista (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 29, 2018
A typical day at work was exhausting because I would go to school and they wouldn’t give me a lot of time to break between school and work. I wasn’t able to do my homework on breaks. The hardest part of work was closing up. Well it all kind depended on who I was working with but most times it would be a lazy worker and they wouldn’t do anything for closing.
Pros
Half off Discount
Cons
Short breaks, Only one that knew how to deep clean machines
Productive, fun job with great coworkers.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Millcreek, UTOctober 7, 2018
Beans & Brews is an awesome college/high school job to have. It teaches you coffee knowledge, how to interact with customers and how to handle money. It's a laid back environment that is also fast pace. Shifts are around 6.5-8.5 hours long, mostly being on your feet. You get paid every 2 weeks but can pick up tip money every two days which is really nice. A typical day at work consists of making drinks, ringing people up, cleaning, and preparing.
Pros
Free coffee and sandwich.
Good starting job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 16, 2018
Beans and Brews offers a very busy, fast-paced environment that gives employees opportunities for growth. I started at the bottom while still in high school and advanced to general manager by the end of my time there.
Great Franchise Store
Barista (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2018
Loved the whole thing for the whole time I worked there. Met many best friends I still have working there with them. Franchise swooped in and changed everything putting wages below the cost of living in the area
fast paced
SUPPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2018
fund job, bad co-workers. only promoted if your able to get other people to do work with you. people who actually work don't get moved up. the more you work the less hours you get, the less hours you get the less tips you get, and the more tips the others get instead for not doing anything except sitting in the managers office talking.
fun work enviorment
Barista Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 7, 2018
I would open the store and supervise the team. I was also in charge of making sure the breaks where timely and taken by everyone. I would handle upset customers and resolve the issues. Management was having issues while I was an employee, so that made things tense and hard to work under. The most enjoyable thing about this job was building connections and bonds with my team.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
slow on approving raises
Good environment, but not a fan of customers
BARISTA/ SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTMay 25, 2018
I learned how to handle stressful situations, and I was quickly promoted to a shift lead, which made me the acting manager. The job can be stressful, especially when someone doesn't do what they should have during their shift, And I felt like management wasn't the best. But other that that I really enjoyed the work place environment and the employees.
Fun place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 22, 2018
Beans is a nice place to work honestly. I love my regular customers and making really awesome coffee. I just don't like the inconsistent scheduling/hours or the fact that I have to be there at 5:00 AM to open the store some days.
Pros
Fun, $10 per shift for coffee or food, good environment.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, pay dependent on tips.
Good First Job
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, NVMay 10, 2018
I worked at Beans and Brews for a little over a year, and it was well explained as a great first job. My only problem is I was promised an evaluation every 3 months, and promised a raise every 6. I did not receive an evaluation until after about 9 months. Then I got a 25 cent raise, and was not evaluated again. My other concern is I was not given my W-2 after I applied for a new one. I called them numerous times over a year and they said they had to send it to me, which was not the case, or they said they needed to look in the system and they would get back to me. Bu they did not contact me again. I even called corporate. Other than not getting my payment promises, and my W-2 was not handled correctly, Beans and Brews treated me well.
Pros
Discounts, 30 minute lunch
Cons
No evaluations
I love working here
Lead Barista (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 4, 2018
Beans And Brews is one of my favorite places I have ever worked. The atmosphere is friendly and you have creative freedom here which I find a very valuable asset in a person. My co-workers are the absolute best, and the job itself is very fun and easy.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Paid poor;y