Bear Creek Arsenal

Working at Bear Creek Arsenal: 31 Reviews

United States31 reviews

Pay is not great but m-f and reg hours

if you want a clock in clock out jo. Over time all you want however policy changed as they wish without telling anyone! There is no front to back understanding each job thats done!

Pros

m-f reg shifts

Cons

Over time

Not a great place to grow

The business is ran off the cuff with not a lot of planning. Communication is poor between departments and there was no clear vision or pillars for success.

Bear Creek Arsenal insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Stay away

Manger are not held accountable only the employees. They take the term family run business to seriously. If you are not part of the family clique watch yourself. Quality Assurance in products is low or does not happen.

Good place to work ....Just needs to be more organized

As CNC operator it was alright. Changing inserts and double checking the parts was no problem but when you run 4 pairs of machines (8) and they expect you to make 100 on each one its not possible, when they dont provide a proper way of training you on adjustments. ALSO BUILDING 5 NEVER CUTS THE BARRELS THE SAME SIZE WHICH messes up THE CNC MACHINES (crowns) for process 60 and 70 )and you have to wait for the mechanic to come and fix it which takes production time away)...also you have to ask for inserts which they don't give you the amount you want so you end up running machines with burn inserts. Stoping at 3:15pm gave me no time to clean all 8 machines for 2nd shift (3:30pm) ..

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Not organized ...

I enjoyed my job but I am not one to walk on eggshell nor kiss but to keep a job. That's what's required there.

I had a very good interview, but I was let go after 2 weeks and 4 days because I confronted someone about my training. The really is no good training. Their expectations are unreasonable and they don't really want you asking questions after they so call train you. I have been in the workforce for 50 years and have never seen such a poorly run company. They don't even tell you why other than not a good fit. But I know why. My Manager even told me I had learned a lot.

Pros

I had a good manager

Cons

I am not one to walk on egg shells nor kiss but.

Good pay crummy management

I worked here for a while and loved my job at first. They didn’t train me much until my supervisor returned. She was fantastic. After that it was a s***shoot. I made decent money, & received decent raises. But they don’t appreciate those who work hard. 40-50 hour weeks. I was able to leave or call off to care for my children when necessary. Hours were decent.

Pros

Decent hours, decent benefits, decent pay

Cons

Terrible management, wish washy leadership

Not a bad place to work

Not a bad place to work at, they could've paid more for a forklift operator. I was waiting to get my raise after my 90 days but never got it because I was layed off without letting me know ahead of time. Easy for them to do when they don't have bills to pay and a family to feed. Now I'm job searching and man it's hard.

Pros

Time you get to go home and no forced overtime

Cons

Poor salary

Pay is bad and no room for upward mobility

They start you off at 11 an hour and no one not even management can tell you how the pay increases work. No heating or air in over half the building so you also have to deal with the temp change which is horrible during the summer due heat from machinery

The way management handles the overall company employees, the people are very non-bios. Safety is their top priority as well as the the quality of companies products.

Pros

Non Bios Environment

Cons

Loud

Terrible Place to Work

This company has very bad management. When I was terminated they refused to give me my last pay check. It was to the point that I had to contact the Labor Board. I was let go for no reason was actually told that I had an employment law case. I do not recommend that you work here if you want to be treated fairly. I would give this place ZERO stars if I could.

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Perhaps the worst company in the area!

It's all about money for the owner, does not care about employees or safety for them.It's actually too bad, because the people work hard there.Benefits are terrible and work life is stressful.

Pros

Cons

Dirty, sweat shop and unsafe

Worst experience. Don’t do it.

Work-life balanceMonday thru Friday 8-5Pay & benefitsInsurance is expensiveJob security and advancementThere is no job security or advancement. If you are promoted you will more than likely be terminated shortly after. They promote employees or swap roles with little to no training. When employees are talked to about taking on a new task or job they get worried/nervous because they have seen so many employees get fired from that position.ManagementManagement is rude and not helpful. They micromanage and treat every as though they are disposable. The owner is very forgetful. He tells employees to do things or change prices and forgets he has done it. The employees then get yelled at for it.CultureEveryone walks on egg shells. They do not appreciate any of their employees. No one has Job security unless you are related to the owner. Building is nasty and so dirty. Bathrooms stink and there are cigarettes everywhere.OverallThere is no job security or advancement. They go through so many employees. Management is rude and mistreats employees. Everyone walks on egg shells for the fear of being fired. The owner is very forgetful. He will forget he had told someone to do something then yell at them later for it. His daughter the man manager is all o er the place. She know her product but lacks leadership qualities. No training at all. They put you in your job with no help. I was hired the same day as another guy. He has already been let go. Neither of us had anyone there with us the first day. We read our handbooks for 8 hours. The handbook is 40ish pages long. Don’t -

Good people, bad management

All the employees I worked with were great but the management is all over the place and not on the same page. They care more about their money than their employees

Terrible place to work!! Stay away!!

The owner of this company I'd a horrible person that cares about no one but himself. His children especially his oldest daughter treat the people that work there terribly. They don't pay well and the whole building is disgusting.

Pros

Cons

Nasty, underpaid, rude, unorganized, no appreciation.

Not a Career but a Job... That Requires Employee to Walking on Eggshell!

This is a family-owned business where owners are hands-on which I admire a lot about this company. The owners are actually nice however, favoritism is very palpable.My journey with them is short-lived and it started on my first day. I was under the impression I was going to be given something to start with (as discussed during a nice interview). My actual supervisor was off that day so I literally have to bother people to help me get me started (It was a Monday). I was so excited for my first day, key word "was".My first 2 weeks was a struggle because of poor direction from my supervisor. One perfect example is: I was assigned to answer social media questions and reviews on my second day. How? I have no product knowledge yet at that point! So what shall I do? Of course, scavenge for answers (which puts me already on a bad note with her because I have to ask her questions every 2 minutes). After my 4th day, that's when I was actually given some product information. Everything else I had to either ask someone else (because she always have this negative vibe and always speaks poorly about our customers). When I finally found my work-groove (2 -3 weeks working time frame), all my assigned tasks are done always (never late) ahead of time, I always had fresh ideas for our content (picture posts and video) and took great product pictures(compliments by the owner and co-workers), I'd also look for more ideas on how to grow and improve our company (which btw she always dismiss) during my spare time. I always work hard, I showed up to work even after leaving ER at 5am and was on medication -

Pros

Family owned business, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm job (perfect for single parent), Holiday pay, Work shirt are provided, Own desk (if you work in the office), most of your the co-workers are helpful, kind and knowledgeable, full time hour

Cons

Favoritism, Supervisor with lack of: people skills, attention to detail, managerial skills and communication skills., little training provided, employees are treated as disposable

good work-life balance but...

no pay raise, management is controlling, no room for advancing, favoritism, bathrooms smell disgusting, very toxic work environment, and they have a no cell-phone policy except supervisors/managers & I understood that but at the same time what if an emergency happens or your babysitter/daycare texts etc. The funny thing about it the supervisors/managers would be on there phones on social media rather than work purposes and your constantly hit with the "they're watching you"

Don't waste your life here.

Poor management High turnover No chance at advancement Favoritism Unsafe work environment Nasty workplace habits/ trash everywhere No reviews No raise

Everyone is nice and willing to help you!

Everyone is nice and willing to help each other. I learn something new everyday, they are patient with you while training. They will work with you when things pop up in your everyday life. It’s a place you don’t mind going to work in the mornings!

It’s a great company if other big labels wanna business with them and having guns in there stores

It’s a good company to learn about guns if you love them and want to learn how to build it from your lower upper assembly to your upper assembly get to build crazy guns

Worst company ever!

Management is a joke. You try to report problems to your supervisor and are let go because you're complaining! I could tell you more but alas 150 min.

Unprofessional and shows favoritism

A lot of the rules they have posted around the job area aren't implemented. Like the "No Smoking" Policy yet most people there smoke a cigarette every 10-15 mins. The Management team can be rude at times and they will expect for you to Respect them even if they are rude to you. They are very old fashioned here. Lastly if you don't mind working with a bunch of people that are sketchy and have personal hygiene problems then this is the right place for you.

Common questions about Bear Creek Arsenal

Answered by current and former employees at Bear Creek Arsenal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bear Creek Arsenal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits