Bear Staffing Services Employee Reviews

You'll never know when you're getting laid off
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 11, 2018
They will not contact you to let you know that you were laid off. Then if u don't call in weekly while being laid off, they will say u quit.
Here's the catch... nobody answers the phone .
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Stressful staffing, unorganized
Poor management. No direction, no training.
Talent Sourcer (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2018
Literally no official training. Say behind someone for one day and that was it. First week was fine, then they started to pipe on responsibility after responsibility that doesn't have anything to do with your job. Then the second week they start treating you like your not doing enough. Terrible management. Also we were only supposed to hire specific genders for specific jobs even if they were more than qualified. Such as they use the terminology 'light duty' for females and 'heavy duty' for males. Awful company to work for.
Do not work for bear staffing!
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Menominee WisconsinJanuary 31, 2018
Do not work for bear staffing! Unorganize disrespectful, treats people like their number, tells you you’re going to work so many hours and you find out that you have less hours you can work. Any employment staffing that works out of the hotel room don’t work for them. Shame on Bear staffing for treating your employees like garbage when we are the ones he was out there making you look good.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too many cons to put in this little box!
They still owe me money!
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2018
They cannot get their payroll straight. Rude and argumentative. They keep trying to pass the buck when they screw up. They don't seem to communicate with each other at all.
Pros
Cons
Poor management. Nobody seems to know what they are doing.
good company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 13, 2017
Company is great for temp work. Supervisors are easy to contact and easy to talk with on all aspects of the job pay anything you need help with.Pay is always on time.
Horrible
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 28, 2017
The pay is terrible and when i told them to help me find a higher paying job they ended my current job for no reason at all i never missed a day and was never late and the company i worked for at Arlington loved me and were promoting me to a better position on my 3rd week there when bear has the great idea to end my work assignment im furious
Awesome company!!
Warehouse Associate (Sephora) (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDMay 16, 2017
I've had a great experience with bear staffing. They are very friendly and informative. Whenever I had an issue with my job they were there to help and fixed the problem right away.I would recommend them for an opportunity!! Happy and proud to be apart of the team😊😄
Pros
Helpful, great hours
Cons
Not permanent
Not trust worthy
Welder (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2017
They are not trust worthy they do not give equil chances to all potential canidates. They do pay well but they dont tell you about the job they have in mind for you until you come in the door which is sometimes a waste of your time
Helpfull
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 11, 2017
i worked at one of their contractors. it was a good job and they were strict on safety. It was a production line and fairly face paced. i enjoyed the work and the hours!
Waste of time
Supervisor/Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDMarch 9, 2017
Starts out great, and then u start to get laid off and doesn't matter how long you have been there even if you work your butt off for 2 years. Favortism playes a big role in keeping your job so unless you are a major suck up to your manager you will be laid off even if you have the most experience and best reviews from customers. Take it from me.... You can do much better, don't say I didn't warn you :)
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Constant layoffs, no job security, poor company communication
recruiter
Staff Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIDecember 13, 2016
I recruited people for clients we represented for employment. I also managed the day to day items that needed to be accomplished
Not a good place after your a temp
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Harley-Davidson York PennsylvaniaNovember 8, 2016
ok when you get through the tests then hired if you get hurt at HD you go out in an ambulance you will pay for and the bills job stops right in the ambulance there is no job
Pros
Learning
Cons
Getting screawed
William Scotsmen
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COOctober 20, 2015
Fun work, great people. was a great learning experience learned a lot about carpentry and construction hard labor made it challenging every day but bettered us for the future
Pros
Good money
Cons
Job quotas
Job that was not long term
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 10, 2013
I enjoyed my co-workers at most of the jobs I was at. I worked well with management and had no problem following directives. I enjoyed operating the forklift and working hard. It just wasn't a long term stable job. I need something that will be permanent not temporary.
Pros
Regular breaks and nice co-workers
Cons
Benefits were limited and jobs were temporary or seasonal.
Fun place to work.
Surge Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIAugust 21, 2013
Gave me a fresh start back in the workforce. I would recomment this Staffing to others looking for work.
Pros
Great assignment
Cons
Not a long assignment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bear Staffing Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8