Bear State Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Awful place, I would NEVER work there again
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Harrison, AR 72601June 10, 2018
Awful place, the management is AWFUL. They play favorites and the branches do not work together at all. Being in a small town you’ve got to be very well together but hey are just drama filled and completely ridiculous. Would not recommend for banking or working.
Loved working at Bear State Bank
AVP Accounting Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARMay 4, 2018
I loved my years at Bear State Bank. I worked with a bunch of great people and still close to some. We had weekly meetings and the manager of our department was friendly and caring and worked hard.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Sometimes overworked.
Bear State is one of the most fun places to work
Business Analyst - Central Operations (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 24, 2018
Working with Bear State Bank has been very joyable. I have had amazing leaders throuhout my career. I have learnded to be better a communicator, better at being oraganized, and just a better person all around.
Pros
Relaxed Schedule and dress code
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 24, 2018
Fun place to work with great people and a willingness of leadership to listen to new ideas. Worked remotely because management feels strongly about having strong talent.
Quick paced
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Mount Ida, ARMarch 5, 2018
Not very good pay, does have awesome benefits though! Management in certain branches are questionable. Got to learn and know your regulations no matter what that is a big deal! When you know your customers that come in or through the drive thru all the time make the job very fun.
Pros
Paid days off
Cons
Pay is horrible
Loved It!
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 21, 2017
It was a great place to work! Everyone is so willing to help and the costumers are truly family. the work environment was an easy one, others worked well together and always made sure they did a good job.
Okay employers
Teller (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 17, 2017
Typical day is filled with deposits, withdrawals, payments, wires, and account openings customers are the best part of the day they love to engage in conversation. Take advantage of shadowing other locations. ABA courses are beneficial and mandatory, of course.
Pros
Sometimes slow-paced and easy to navigate banking software
Cons
Non-competitive pay, no overtime, and organizational structure isn't the best.
Great Place
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJune 18, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Bear State Bank but I am looking to relocate. It is a team environment for the most part but is becoming more of a small group to run and the rest appear to be outsiders.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
More room for advancement
I love being a Bear!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 18, 2017
I love working for Bear State Bank. The company culture is fun and collaborative. I feel like I am a part of a team that is working to make a difference in the way we bank now and in the future.

We just launched the new ITMs, which I think are awesome. I love that we are using new technology to make banking more convenient.
Pros
Excellent benefits and working atmosphere
Cons
Spread out. Sometimes hard to communicate with my team members.
Get used to changing policies and no advancement.
Universal Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 11, 2017
Bear State is all about the bottom dollar. Yearly 2% raises based upon performance, short staffed, and no bonuses. The only good thing is that you have good benefits. They used to pay 100% of healthcare but that changed and now we pay 20%. The only way to move up is for someone to get fired or quit. Upper office jobs are usually only available in Little Rock or Harrison. Not a bad job but definitely not a career.
Pros
Benefits, 401k match, Pto
Cons
Short Staffed, No Bonuses, No Advancement
I love working in a position where I work with people.
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 17, 2017
I like working with people and assisting them in any way I can. The bank gives me this opportunity to meet new people every day.
Loved working at Bear State Bank
Secondary Market Assistant/Post Closing Processor (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARMay 30, 2016
Bear State Bank is a great company with its team building procedures, and great staff.
Fast paced, upbeat Mortgage Department with the current Growth in Northwest Arkansas.
Decent Workplace
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Mount Ida, ARFebruary 18, 2016
It is a decent company to work for. There are good days and bad. Some days you sit all day with nothing to do, then other days they decide to teach you everything in the center, and it is stressful. Trying to get a day off is really hard and the pay is awful for the workload they give you,
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay, workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bear State Bank. Our community is ready to answer.