BearCom Employee Reviews

Negative atmosphere and employees do not feel appreciated.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  USAApril 12, 2018
Good company as far as industry knowledge and qualified service team, but poor leadership team, poor communication, non-existent HR support and leadership team has no appreciation for middle management, service techs or support employees.
Pros
Good 3rd Party relationship with Motorola and other partners.
Cons
Leadership team, compensation and Human Resources.
na
FIELD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 8, 2018
just do not recommend working for this company. very poor. good technicians but poorly compensated which in return gives bad attitudes. which makes it hard for anyone to go above and beyond.
Stressful, poor management, no joy, no guidance, stone age
Customer Service Inquiry (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I thought I was being hired to help catch up on backlog of A/R and scanning. Worked there a few weeks. Really enjoyed my tasks, learned a new accounting program. The scanning program wasn't even in progress. No feedback from manager, although I requested two meetings to assess how I was doing. Wasn't told of any errors until well after the fact. Training was poor - mostly "stand over my shoulder and watch what I do." Had to ask repeatedly to clarify procedures. Accounting is in the stone age - paper copies for everything, There are rows and rows and rows of files going back 7-10 years.
It is a joyless place to work - no camaraderie, no laughing, no sharing, no praise, unlike any place I have ever worked. One fellow employee called it a strange and different place.
I was let go with no warning and no reason, and no attempt to establish improvement goals, even though I had requested meetings to establish such.
Pros
Flexible work times, breaks, good benefits after 3 months.
Cons
Poor management, stone age accounting practices, joyless atmosphere.
good place to work but you will never get raises
Instrument Technician - Installer (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXNovember 8, 2017
management loses performance reviews all the time they hire people who have no knowledge for the work and pay them more than what you will make installers have to do project managers job
Too much management
Inside Sales/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2017
They deal with case by case basis on discounts to customers. They have terrible owners and management. Ego are too big from the owners. They spend more money than they make but the management lives very well.
A great group of people from the top to the bottom.
Credit / Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 9, 2017
Excellent job at Bearcom, I was part of the huge layoff in January 2009. The employees and management team is professional and easy to deal with. I enjoyed my job and excelled at Bearcom.
Pros
Excellent staff and managers
Cons
The drive is a little far.
Worked really hard....Answering 9 lines at the same time. Did billing. Also did Nextel phones.
Answering Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 1, 2017
I'm really good at Customer Service. Am a team leader and very positive person. Great at multitask woman. Really need an opportunity.Police radios, School bus radios, taxis. Put in the orders to fix them. At the same time answering 9 lines and billing at the same time.
Pros
Customer Service Excellent with people
Cons
Very motivated and employees don't like it.
Bearcomm was an amazing first sales job
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed working at Bearcomm, it was my first sales position and my manager pushed his team hard, but not to hard as we built a great culture and support group among ourselves.
Pros
Good culture
Large company with no knowledgeable management
Rental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMarch 29, 2017
Big company, typically very busy. Associates are pretty much on their own. Management doesnt' know very much, they wing it. No managerial skills from department managers.
Pros
reward is always lunch
Cons
no raises, no managerial skills from department managers
A Strange Little Company
Grunt Worker (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 30, 2016
If you just want a steady paycheck and you're okay with low starting pay and then doing the same job for pretty much the same pay as long as you're there then you might like it there. Some people must be okay with this since there were hard working loyal employees who were 10 to 20 years or more and might have had a small raise or two if there they were lucky and pretty much made what they started at. When management positions came open they used to promote from within and this was your chance to make a little more but then they started hiring outsiders. If you were in sales then you could make a good living and you could do no wrong. When someone left the company they would usually just divide their work between the other employees and try to avoid rehiring for that position as long as possible or permanently. Some employees took advantage of their managers and got away with almost anything since their managers knew that if they got fired or quit they probably wouldn't get to refill their position. Everything was controlled by the executive team and management feared them and had very little power. When business was good they talked about how they could invest in more locations or hire more salespeople but never about investing in the loyal people who kept that place running. If you ever brought up the raise question to management they would get defensive or lie and tell you that they were working on it but nothing would ever happen. Nothing was kept confidential. There was a lot of information floating around that nobody should have known about but directors were friends with  more... managers and managers were friends with supervisors and supervisors were friends with the grunt workers so everyone knew everything. It was an okay place to work and I had a few great coworkers but once people realized that they weren't getting raises or even reviews and had little room for advancement they just quit caring and the smart ones would move on to better things.  less
Pros
a paycheck, not a terrible work place, free donuts once a month if you were early enough
Cons
low starting pay, few or no raises, low promotion chances, weak benefits, nothing was kept confidential
Ok for a starting out tech
Field Technical Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2016
The San Diego office was a good shop to work at. A Major problem was test equipment was normally out of calibration making the job sometime difficult at times. but over all it was an OK place to work at.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
trucks were old and under kept
Customer Service
Assistant Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 28, 2016
I love working for this company. This company valued the well-being of their customers and support the needs of their employees.
Work life trumps family life
Rentals (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 29, 2016
To start off this company has some really great pros. As long as you get your work done you're not micro managed and the hours are flexible. At the branch level the people are great to work with. Unfortunately, the cons heavily outweigh the pros. The company will work you till you are drowning in work and then maybe they might start thinking about hiring help. Also, Bearcom moves SUPER slow at getting anything done. Their are few raises and if you're lucky you might get a few cents. The HR department doesnt always keep conversations that were suppose to be confidential to herself and shares with others. The biggest thing though is that your hard work will not be recognized, no matter how many overtime hours and weekends you work. I truly believe that there needs a major change in higher management. The company runs like its operating in the 90s. You also have to document everything especially when working with the exec. VP he is very forgetful and unless you are smart enough to document conversations and emails you will be helpless when things go wrong even if you were told to do it that way. He will go off on you because of one slip up even if you have been meeting your numbers and doing the best your branch has seen in years.
Pros
Christmas lunch, flexible hours, no micro managing
Cons
Horrrible exec. Vp, few raises, overworked with no recognition of it
Ok Place if you need a job- Very Negative with little morale & appreciation
Rental Account Executive -Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2016
Pay is horrible, with the demands they require. management does not help their employees to grow and be successful,creates tension between coworkers, and only cares about their personal success. Management also penalizes & reprimands their employees for management mistakes/errors. Environment is very quiet, tense, unprofessional, and sometimes very stressful. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers, and learning how everything works. Hardest part of the job is not being provided the tools needed for success, or the support and encouragement. Mostly that the company itself doesn't hold their employees in value.
Pros
free donuts 1x per month, quarterly & yearly bonus, having a paycheck
Cons
Stressful, Not appreciated, Very little Pay, unsupportive Management
A small company
Materials Handler (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Receiving in product from carriers , place materials into assigned locations .

Pulling product for customers and company salespeople

Packing materials to into cartons for customers and loading product onto trailer or leaving product for carrier pickup .
Cooperative and enthusistic workplace
Telecom Technician (Former Employee) –  ChantillyJanuary 5, 2015
I learned new techniques of installation and problem solving by encountering highly skilled technicians and managers in the filed of radio telecommunication. The hardest part of the job was lifting and replacing repeaters as they were very heavy.
All for one and one for himself
Rental Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  brisbane caDecember 11, 2014
Working for this company was a daunting and sad experience from the start. At my first assignment three of the other senior employees told me I was an idiot for taking the job. I would be overworked and underpaid. I would never be rewarded for extra efforts but they would always be expected. There is no room for advancement and no respect for your situation in life or with concern to your future. Sure enough, they were right. They were friendly as most all the people I worked with were. In fact the company is filled with good people that worked extremely hard and put the company first but to only get scrutinized at any given chance at rewarded minimally if at all. We surpassed goals and set record numbers for business but to only be told we still needed to do more. We hit record numbers for the past 20 years, made a lot of money for the company and sacrificed nights and weekends to not receive any extras. Not even a good job. The industry itself is great. You stay busy and it is very exciting and you really get to help people with there communication needs.
Pros
Time off to go to Dr. appointments
Cons
No rewards for extra efforts
Elctronic Tech
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2014
The typical day at work is going in early in the morning depending on customer need. usually start at 4am or 6am and doing antenna repair or troubleshooting a signal that went out in the hotel on the DAS system and figuring out if it is the antenna or the cabling. Learned that the system is was never installed correctly from the previous techs that installed the equipment and this project is a long intake on getting the DAS up to proper operating standards; My goal is to make it work three time better then what it is suppose to be.
Hardest part is getting customer understanding and trust on what we or doing, but we have accomplished this and the system is starting to work better each and every week that I'm on the project with my co-worker and we or doing the impossible that they said we would not be able to do.
Pros
Free lunches at this Hotel
Cons
The work hours and long hours
Steady workpace, nice atmosphere.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 5, 2014
People very friendly. Work pace steady but not stressful. Hours were very good. Enjoyed all the data entry and filing. Hardest part was calling on overdue bills.
Pros
Good people, good enviornment.
Fun group of people to work with
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VANovember 25, 2013
Inventory control
Managing incoming/outgoing inventory
Customer Service
Great team to work with
Potential long hours
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Potential long hours with no compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BearCom. Our community is ready to answer.