Beaufort Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Administration has ruined this hospital
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 15, 2019
It was a great place once, but no more. Administration and management have ruined it. Run. Their goal is to drag it down as far as it can go. Its all about the money, not the patients, nor the employees
Pros
Nice view
Cons
Administration and management
Terrible place to work!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 27, 2019
HR and management do not live up to their values. Liars and deceitful. High turnover rate because they don't care about their employees. Cover up patient safety concerns.
Have been there 7 years. First job
RN (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 12, 2019
Good place to work. This is my first job. My coworkers are amazing and we all work as a team together. I have a manager who cares about her staff. I have enjoyed working here.
Emergency room
Emergency Room Secretary (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCFebruary 9, 2019
Working in the emergency room at Beaufort Memorial Hospital has been great, it is a great experience, there is a lot that you can learn and it is always teamwork being done.
Fast work pace
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 17, 2019
Beaufort Memorial Hospital provides excellent learning opportunities for staff and excepts exceptional Customer Service from its employees. It is a fast paced work environment but the work is rewarding, and the benefits are excellent.
Pros
Days go by fast
Cons
I can not really think of any!!
Clerical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 2, 2019
I would recommend anyone to work there. There is room for growth if you apply yourself.

Although there were some changes to the entire administration team, thre seem to be fair, but ran like a for profit organization.
better for outsiders
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 12, 2018
Beaufort Memorial Hospital will work with and help outsiders coming in more so than current employees trying to advance their career from within. Also has a glass ceiling.
Small town pride
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 4, 2018
The hospital is the pride of the city. Most people are long time resident's of the island and work at the hospital. One would be happy if working in the right department in the hospital.
Pros
Scenic
Cons
Lack of advancement
good place to work
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCNovember 20, 2018
Excellent Benefits and a good place to work. Vacation Days, PDO's, Health Plan, Vision, Dental, Accident, Critical Illness, South Carolina Pension, annual training.
Very friendly and fast paced enviroment
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVER (Former Employee) –  955 Ribaut Road Beaufort Sc 29902November 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Beaufort Memorial. My co workers made coming to work so enjoyable and carefree. They have good benefits and they take care of their employees.
Pros
recgnoize for hard work
Cons
short staff alot which puts alot of work on you.
so so
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 21, 2018
Not a place that the manager was willing to help with at the time. Very short staffed, working different shifts weekly. Most staff seemed unhappy. Not sure what the right answer is
I absolutely loved working at the hospital i loved the fast pace everyday, liked meeting new people and taking care of them,
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 6, 2018
I've always worked in asst living or private sitting, I really enjoy the elderly but when I got on at the Hospital I was the happiest I've ever been working in this field, I usually have a good repore with people, love taking care of them, enjoy the fast Pace on the floor, love working with the nurses I learn something new every day..
Cons
Short breaks but i really didnt mind it.. we worked as a team.
Not a good place to work
Donor Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 3, 2018
Employees not respected nor listened to by their managers. Employees not paid for the absorption of positions within the departments. Do not recommend for long term.
Med-Sure and PCU Nurse
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time with this small efficient hospital. Staff is friendly and tight knit. Good team mentality. Limited services offered but high quality care.
It's been a great place to grow and learn
Emergency Room Secretary/Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 4, 2018
This hospital is the only one in our community, and the sense of being part of a family and making a difference in people's lives has been amazing. Our director and assistant director have both gone out of their way to show their employees how much they care. They've also afforded me many learning opportunities that I am grateful for.
Pros
Making a difference in people's lives everyday.
Cons
It can be extremely hectic at times.
I enjoyed my employment at Beaufort Memorial
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  accounting departmentAugust 13, 2018
The last years of my employment, the was complete turnover of senior management and all the new VP's had a different vision. The new management didn't have respect for work/life balance.
Pros
Big employer, many benefits
Cons
new management and new procedures
Team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 20, 2018
The nurses I worked with were awesome. There were times I had an overload and without complaining or telling the nurse, when she had time she would help out.
Pros
Team Work was great.
Cons
I didn't think the assesments for finacial advancements and or evaluations were fair.
N/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 14, 2018
It was a very enjoyable place. Met a lot of new people and learned a lot from the nurses that worked there as well. Most people higher up people didn’t understand the childcare situation.
Great Place To Work
Phlebotomist/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 8, 2018
Great place to work. Poor with staffing.Show to much favoritism. Needs improving with pay. Very friendly staffs. I loved my job but the management was poor.
Terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 31, 2018
Poor management structure. Terrible admission policies. Terrible patient to RN ratios. Terrible patient care focus. It is definitely not a good place for a new grad to start a career. It is like getting thrown to the wolves.