Beaufort Memorial Hospital Culture reviews

Awesome, caring environment
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 3, 2019
A great place to work! They care about patients' welfare not just on admission but also on discharge. Staff work well together to ensure that patients needs are met!
Administration has ruined this hospital
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 15, 2019
It was a great place once, but no more. Administration and management have ruined it. Run. Their goal is to drag it down as far as it can go. Its all about the money, not the patients, nor the employees
Pros
Nice view
Cons
Administration and management
Have been there 7 years. First job
RN (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 12, 2019
Good place to work. This is my first job. My coworkers are amazing and we all work as a team together. I have a manager who cares about her staff. I have enjoyed working here.
N/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 14, 2018
It was a very enjoyable place. Met a lot of new people and learned a lot from the nurses that worked there as well. Most people higher up people didn’t understand the childcare situation.
Great Place To Work
Phlebotomist/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 8, 2018
Great place to work. Poor with staffing.Show to much favoritism. Needs improving with pay. Very friendly staffs. I loved my job but the management was poor.
N/a
CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 30, 2018
Job work/life balance
Compensation/benefits

The hospital was great years ago when I started. They need to go back to 3 cna's a night back then the grid was appropriate for the acuity of patients that would be on the floor
Pros
Cons
Staffing for cna's and amount of patients assigned is not based on acuity when short staff.
Great Job
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 13, 2018
I would have stayed at Beaufort Memorial Hospital if I hadn't maxed out on pay and was able to move up in the department I was working in. I loved the job and I loved the people I worked with. Some days were challenging and that was the fun part about it. I was able to help people that were sick or jut had surgery and then watching them walk out because I helped them was a GREAT feeling.
Productive workplace.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 21, 2017
Great learning experience working as a staff nurse for 7 years at Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Managers are approachable. Workplace culture is well-balanced with both busy and relaxed days.
You Won't Find A Better Place to Work in Town
I.S. Training Assistant/E.R. Registrar (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work here will leave you feeling exhausted and accomplished all at the same time. When you first start working here, you may feel that some coworkers are a little standoff-ish, but they warm up to you in time once they see how you work as an employee and they make sure you're not there just to collect a paycheck and act superior to anyone. The culture isn't necessarily robust, but it's not dead. All walks of life work there, and many are accepted (although it can take FOREVER to get a job response, so patience may have to be a virtue). The hardest part of the job for me is I sometimes feel limited in the learning opportunities I could obtain, being restricted to doing only certain things. But the most enjoyable part of the job is that we always take the time to celebrate the milestones with notoriety, or just throwing together a random potluck just because.
Pros
Hard-working employees
Cons
Communication between coworkers could be better
Enjoyable Workplace
Inpatient Clinical Experience - SPTA (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 8, 2017
Wonderful learning experience with experienced and knowledgeable staff. Great communication between all health professionals. Safe and friendly work environment.
My opinion
Registered Nurse in operating Room (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 3, 2017
I worked 8 hours monday thru friday. I learned a lot about endoscopy.And some circulating in the or. When I first started the management was hard but fair.With the new management it was more of a cliche.The hardest part of my job was some of the people. The most enjoyable part was working with the pationt and there family
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Unfair treatment of some
Employee
Employee (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 21, 2017
Has many decent, caring people whom if managed properly could grow professionally and become assets to this organization. Employees are not held accountable for their performance and behavior, particularly physicians. New management is clueless regarding the culture that is woven into this organization. I wish them luck. The way they are going about turning this organization around will surely result in some of their best staff members seeking employment elsewhere.
benefits
Cons
unsupportive management
Great Facility
MEDICAL SURGICAL REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 19, 2016
Great facility with dependable coworkers.I can rely on my team and manager for anything. They truly go above and beyond.
Best hospital in the Coastal Empire - hands down
Assistant Director of Public Relations & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 6, 2016
A great place to work and a great place to have a baby : ). I have never met a group of people in a healthcare setting that cared more about each other and their patients than the staff, doctors, volunteers and employees of Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Excellent healthcare.
Pros
Excellent leadership
great friendly staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here as a nurse. Great management, Great co-workers, and great location. I cannot think of anything else to write.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 10, 2015
Wonderful learning enviornment. Everyone is very friendly. I working in the Primary Care Office and i have absolutely no complaints. The hours are great and my co-workers were even better.
Level II Pediatric Fieldwork (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 25, 2015
Great staff and co-workers, while this was a short fieldwork experience, I would love to work for this organization ongoing.
Excellent Atmosphere
Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 25, 2015
Beaufort Memorial has an amazing staff to work with. They are all willing to teach while working which makes this location very student friendly. The location is beautiful as well.
Awesome hospital
Full-Time RN (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCFebruary 3, 2015
Incredible staff and environment. Everyone is very friendly and has good ethics. The hospital work was good and everyone worked well as a team.
Great Place to work!!!!
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 4, 2014
Everyone here is amazing! I was very impressed with everything at BMH from management to fellow RT's, RN's, MD's, and so on. To me a place where you love to go every day is all you need to say about a job. This was the best place I worked, hands down!!!