Beaufort Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

N/a
CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 30, 2018
Job work/life balance
Compensation/benefits

The hospital was great years ago when I started. They need to go back to 3 cna's a night back then the grid was appropriate for the acuity of patients that would be on the floor
Pros
Cons
Staffing for cna's and amount of patients assigned is not based on acuity when short staff.
Enjoyed time there
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 18, 2018
I learned a great deal at BMH! Aside from excelling in my position, I embraced the ability to handle challenges both work-related and personally and hone, even more, my people skills.
Great Job
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 13, 2018
I would have stayed at Beaufort Memorial Hospital if I hadn't maxed out on pay and was able to move up in the department I was working in. I loved the job and I loved the people I worked with. Some days were challenging and that was the fun part about it. I was able to help people that were sick or jut had surgery and then watching them walk out because I helped them was a GREAT feeling.
Poor Patient Care, Poor Morale of Workers
NURSE INTERN (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 3, 2018
There's nothing like working with RN's who refuse to refuse to provide the most basic care in nursing, but instead prefer to delegate everything to their aides and techs to abstain from getting such dainty hands dirty. One does not condone nurses who stand at the beside and call their techs to toilet the patient that they are standing next to. If thats such a bothersome thing for an RN to do then candy strippers should be brought back.
Great work place
Medical/ Surgical Nurse Orthopedics (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 22, 2018
Great work place. Easy to request time off. Flexible days and hours. Supervisors were willing to pitch in and help as needed. Recommended to work at as well as receive care.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaufort SCMarch 20, 2018
The work is difficult yet meaningful. It is stressful but rewarding. Beaufort Memorial works hard to maintain good employees. The atmosphere is professional.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Stressful work.
The employees are friendly as long as they can use you.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 6, 2018
They have their own way of doing things at this hospital. Good Ole, Beaufort.
I was taught that if you didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all.
Petty
Director (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 25, 2018
Too clicky and they don't promote from qualified in-house candidates. Education is not furnished and management promotes cutting edge technology but doesn't deliver on promises..
Pros
co-workers
Cons
senior management doesn't support teamwork
Great hospital
Cardiopulmonary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 22, 2018
I worked in several different parts of this hospital. As a clerical specialist in the imaging department, as well as in the clinical side as a cardiopulmonary assistant. Both have moments have down time, then moments have working like you've never worked before. I can say that HR, the CEO, directors and supervisors all treat employees as equals. It doesn't matter if you're the CEO or part of the janitorial staff- you were well known and appreciated. The health, dental, and vision benefits were great!
Family
Certified Nursing Assistant, Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 9, 2018
As a CNA/US, your job can flip flop. One day you may be Unit Secretary, another day you may be CNA. The work can be tough, especially when the cold and flu season picks up and the hospital fills up. You do end up loving your patients though, because the community is small and tight-knit. ADLs, walking patients, feeding patients, cleaning patients, and some minor procedures are included in the daily routines.
Pros
Lunch discount, family-like environment
Cons
Stressful, short breaks, busy schedules
Not a rewarding place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 20, 2017
Pay was low for an LPN with 10 plus years experience and management was poor. Doctors treat you like you are their peasants and are very disrespectful
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SC 29901November 25, 2017
Non for profit Hospital, cares about the staff ! When I worked there I felt this way ... with multiple changes in CEO ‘s the moral has gone down in the past years! I loved the family feel
Ok place to work
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SC 29902October 30, 2017
Would enjoy the place more if they pay for nursing was increased. I can not think of anything at the moment that I would complain about other than the pay.
Laid back job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 18, 2017
Pretty easy job. Great for a retiree just trying to make an extra check. There were some stressful situations but for the most part very easy work. Almost no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
not very good pay, no advancement available.
Busy step down unit
RN (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 18, 2017
Fast paced environment with plenty of opportunity to learn. Great coworkers and friendly staff throughout hospital. Team work mentality amongst coworkers.
good work environment
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SC 29902October 10, 2017
I enjoy my job and have the pleasure of working with great people.Staffing is often appropriate and I like my manager.There are few opportunities for advancement and infrequent bonuses.
Pros
my manager is very understanding and accommodating.
Cons
Little room for advancement, long hours, and few raises and bonuses
Manager used racial slurs
Processing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 3, 2017
Manager used racial slurs and when I reported her to HR the department turned against me! HR fired her but he department was upset with me NOT the manager who did wrong!!! Go figure!!
no issues
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 17, 2017
Was a friendly, helpful place to work. Everyone worked as a team with the same goal, patient care and satisfaction. Fellow employees very friendly. A family atmosphere.
Productive workplace.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 21, 2017
Great learning experience working as a staff nurse for 7 years at Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Managers are approachable. Workplace culture is well-balanced with both busy and relaxed days.
Accounting intern
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 7, 2017
Learned about certificate of deposits. Worked in patient financial services and learned coding in Meditech and learned how money is circulated throughout the hospital.