Beaufort Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

I was a new nurse at this time. I found my way with a good support staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaufort Memorial, Beaufort South CarolinaDecember 13, 2013
BMH is a very nice place to work, again I was a new grad, I moved back to Walterboro and looked for somewhere closer to home, BMH was always great to me.
Wonderful Environment to Work In/Embodies Team Spirit
Lead Laboratory Assistant (C) (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCDecember 4, 2013
BMH would be a perfect place for anyone to learn and grow. A small town hospital that is growing and changing every day. I worked here for about a year and a half. The only reason that I swithced jobs was because BMH was an hour (one way) from my home. The hospital is located right on the river and allows for scenic views from some patient rooms and lunches beside the river in the cafeteria (with picture windows or benches outside to really relax during your lunc). The staff (that I encountered) was ready and willing to accept new coworkers and show them the ropes. On top of being a GREAT place to work, BMH takes really good care of their patients. I have traveled from Savannah,Ga to Beaufort, SC just to be seen in the ED because I know the caliber of care that is given at BMH.
Pros
wonderful staff, scenic location, excellent patient care and team spirit
Cons
too far away from my house
Good Starting Point
Desktop Manager/Backup Server Administrator (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 23, 2013
BMH is a good starting point for someone to get experience in the Healthcare industry. We have some really dedicated employees who want to serve the public in their healthcare needs and to better their community.
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
No accountability, Management talks a good talk but does not follow through
Great place for new grads!!
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 16, 2013
very friendly staff, Administration appreciable and always there when you need them, Great education department with lots to learn. Advanced EHR and EMR. Makes your job easier. Heavy turnover on admits and discharges.
Very nice and clean place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 25, 2013
I love my job and love what I do. I love assisting people ad making them smile.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
short breaks and get off to late
Heart Catherization Lab
Student Clinical Rotation  (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 23, 2013
Memorial was a great, helpful facility to start my clinic rotations. Memorial has a decent case load of diagnostic and interventional procedures.
Small Town Hospital with Wonderful Perks
Ultrasound Technologist  (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 16, 2013
Loved working at this hospital, from the atmosphere of the town and people to the way we were treated as employee's. I cannot say enough good about Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
Good entry-level position
Ultrasound Technologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 13, 2013
This is a great entry-level position for anyone looking to further their education in radiology (ultrasound).
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCApril 2, 2013
Sometimes work can be very complicated. I loved working with the people and assisting patients.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
lunch breaks
Great Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 25, 2013
This is a cute little hospital in downtown Beaufort. Everyone is very friendly and kind. The team work was awesome. Patients are treated number one.
Productive, Advancement and great place to work
Processing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 17, 2013
Beaufort Memorial Hospital is a great place to work with excellent chances of advancement. Since I've been there, I have learned a lot, and the staff is very supportive. The best part of my job is the interaction with the patients. Most of them are there because of medical issues, but most seem to just want a warm smile, a hello and to get better. They also have excellent benefits.
Pros
advancement and the staff interaction is great
Cons
i really do not have any cons at this time
Fun workplace at beaufort memorial hospital
Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 5, 2013
I never had a typical day working at beaufort memorial.What i learn was making sure visitors was always happy,comfortable and left satisfied.Management was excellent.The co-workers was easy to get along with,always serious about their work,willing to help one another and respectful.Nothing was hard about the job that i did there.The most enjoyable part of the job was typing,doing paper work,organizing things and helping the visitors around the hospital or helping them with anything that they needed.
Certified nursing assistant
Certified Nursing Aide (Former Employee) –  BEAUFORT SCOctober 20, 2012
My day started is getting all vitals done and make sure patient have what they need by their bed side. I've learn to do allot of different things and obeserve allot of things that I've done hands on. My management is very good and helpful. The hardest part is to see all the differnt sickness and pain that some adults and children come in with. My most enjoyable part is to make them happy.
work enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 4, 2012
Hard work for those who are still able to do it.beaufort memorial employment is a great achievement and satisfying employment would talk great of this company.
Pros
meeting and taking care of people
Cons
strenuous work
Supportive Environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 10, 2011
As a per diem nurse, I found the management to be flexible. Per diem compensation was decent. The full time employees were welcoming. Working an a stable floor, there was little time available for per diem nurses which met my needs nicely. I never declined a shift. However, when annual profit sharing bonuses were presented, I was not eligible because I hadn't worked the minimum hours required. It seemed a spurious standard whereas I met every need they requested and had perfect attendance and an outstanding performance review.
Pros
location
Cons
strong cliques