Beaumont Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good
Emergency Center Tech II (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 16, 2018
A great place to work. Very nice people. It is very quick paced. I learned a lot. There is good management that care about their workers. I got a lot of hours for school.
Fast paced
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 15, 2018
Working in the emergency department under medical physicians and residents transcribing their notes and physical exam. Can be extremely fast paced at times.
No room for advancement
Patient Observation Aide (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 15, 2018
As a patient sitter, I was treated poorly by management and medical staff. I observed quickly how medical staff treats those that hold a lower position than them. Many doctors and nurses are extremely unprofessional and lack bedside manners. Nursing assistants are also unprofessional and treat fellow co-workers with disrespect. I'm so happy I'm done with this department and health system.
Pros
2 half hour breaks
Cons
Rude staff, poor management, and lack of health system mission statement.
Average place to work
Environmental Attendant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIMay 11, 2018
A typical day at work when be to report to the Environmental service office and sign in and get my pager for my assigned area. Start my assigned area, cleaning the restrooms, sterilizing the entire hospital Pull trash, mopped floors, high dusting of ceilings and walls. I learned more about the cleanness of each area that I may work in on a daily basis. The management at Beaumont needs a lot of improvement. The culture here is very diverse, which is great to have while working with others from different backgrounds. The hardest part of the job I would say is nothing,because as long as you be a respectful employee and get your job done as well being a team player and treating patients with the upmost respect there's nothing hard at this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is me making sure that everyone, patient or employees comes in with a smile and also making sure they leave with a smile, and making sure they were satisfied with the help and service that I provided them with.
Workplace environment was fast paced
Transporter (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 9, 2018
Good job to hold for the time being when I needed a job. i wouldn't work there again hard to make connections with people because everything is fast paced.
Love it there
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMay 6, 2018
I have been at beaumont many years. I have seen many changes, but the most recent changes with the new corporate officers, in my opinion, have been by far the most progressive and most positive.
Pros
Really make great lasting friendships
Cons
Middle management is too antiquated. Need to improve current management style and attitudes.
I had clinical here.
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 30, 2018
I am a nursing student and I had my clinical rotations here. The nurses are very rude to student nurses here, it makes it hard to learn from this facility.
Safe place for patient
Manager of the Central Processing Department (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 29, 2018
Culture of safety, Learn the human relationship, Staffing, Kronos, Scheduling, Maintaining quality and productivity at work. LEAN process, Audits for quality work and compliance for regulatory agencies, Safest place in Michigan.
Great Staff
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 28, 2018
I had a great time working on my unit. It was a lot of fun and my co-workers made a great health-care team. The managers were great to work for and always tried to find ways to improve patient care.
Pros
great staff
Great Opportunity for a Career in Healthcare
Registration Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 26, 2018
there is Great Management.
there are Great Doctors who want to teach you.
there are Great Benefits.
there's a Great Cafeteria!
apply and see how your life could change
great place to work
2 East Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 25, 2018
Staff is friendly and very professional. Great atmosphere to work in. Hospital is focused on patient care and safety, concerned with overall experience of patient.
Good teammates
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 23, 2018
Work from home option
above average pto's
End users are professional
Training options
Quarterly meetings with management
Old school culture..Advancement is very tough.
Great Place to Work
Site Director Facilities Management (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 22, 2018
Beaumont Health is Michigan’s largest health care system (based on inpatient admissions and net patient revenue) formed in 2014 to provide patients with compassionate, extraordinary care, no matter where they live in Southeast Michigan. Their culture of caring partnerships and care delivery model of patient and family-centered care demonstrates their commitment to engaging patients, their family, and our community to promote continuous health care improvements.
No comment
Supervisor, Clinical Pharmacist Home Infusion (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIApril 20, 2018
Home Infusion Pharmacy understaffed. But, the caliber of co-workers is outstanding. Immediate management unable to get upper management to understand how important to corporation our job is.
Pretty Good IT
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 18, 2018
Overall, Beaumont Health is a pretty decent place to work.

+Great people
+Willing to help you learn.

-Upper Management doesn't seem to understand how to lead
-Most people leave the organization and return a few years later to get promoted.
-Impossible to get a raise / promotion.
Pros
Great Pay for Intern
Cons
Upper Management doesn't know whats happening in the organization.
It Is What You Make It
Infrastructure Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 18, 2018
After several years across multiple positions with the company the summary is the best I can manage. The organization has grown by leaps in the last few years and is ungainly and awkward as a result.
Great company, horrible department
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 16, 2018
Don’t get me wrong, Beaumont is a very great company.
My department (phlebotomy) is one of the worst departments to work in. I used to love working here. The management is horrible. You make WAY less than the average phlebotomist. Don’t make friends with anyone in the lab, they will turn on you like a drop of a dime. It’s best you come to work and keep to your self and follow the process that’s in place. Management will play favorites, if anything needs to be addressed they’ll claim they’ll address it but they ultimately will not. They are always short because they have a high turn over rate and you’ll end up picking up the slack.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Coworkers
reviewed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 8, 2018
You are always learning and chance of advancing to new position. Very fast paste. Continued training on line and inservices. Pay well. Totally Different from civilian work. Chance of over time if you like. Retirement benefits . Experience different levels of care. Understanding of the family first. Every other weekend off.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Na
Very Competitive and Bit stressful too
Externship (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 7, 2018
Beaumont has their own way od doing things and hence I Had tp

train myself for the same .It is a very competitive hospital and hence

is a great place for excellence in skills.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Night shift was only available for me
Overworked with unrealistic patient-care assignments.
RRT (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 3, 2018
RTs are given assignments that put the patient at risk and their licenses in jeopardy. Beaumont is all about the money; workers are expendable. You will get great experience here, but you will not be able to provide good care the majority of time due to the patient load.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Work load, pay, nursing-focused

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaumont Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight