Beaumont Health Employee Reviews

Productive and comfortable
Patient Care Sitter (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 17, 2018
Productive and safe environment. Workers there were nice and great to work with. Enjoyed seeing daily functions of a hospital environment. Management was great too.
Corporate, bottom line environment.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJuly 13, 2018
Over the years the people and patients have become less of a focus than the bottom line. You work hard and learn a lot. But Beaumont had grown quickly and it is very much a business, not the community hospital it used to be.
Pros
Cost of health insurance is competitive
Cons
Parking, no performance raises (typically 2% per year)
Productive place to work
Cashier II (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJuly 11, 2018
At first it was a fun place to work then after the new manager came it became very cliquey. I enjoyed the job and it kept me busy all day. The food in the cafeteria was good so that was a perk. When I first started I worked in three different areas in the hospital so it was the same but different, but gave a bit of variety.
Pros
Nice environment, for the most part nice co-workers
Cons
cliquey, manager only really talked and was nice to her clique, leader only was nice to her clique
Bmet 1
BMET I (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 10, 2018
I currently work for Beaumont Health , what really makes my job great is the people who work here. For the most part I am treated fairly, the benefits could be better for being such a large company.
ER is decent place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 8, 2018
The ER is a decent place to work at night with a good group of people. Short staffed most of the time can be challenging at times with management not really seemingly changing anything about it. Benefits are terrible, but not sure what else is out there except for the gold standard at UM.
Pros
pay
benefits
Beaumont is trying
Payroll Representative (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJuly 7, 2018
With the merger of several hospitals forming Beaumont Health, compensation is still an issue. The hospital has greatly improved the health care coverage costs, but pay is still an issue.
Enjoyable
Radiology Aide (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 5, 2018
Beaumont Health is a friendly and compassionate work environment. The staff members are all really enjoyable to work with. Beaumont Health is a diverse population with equal opportunity benefits for all.
Numerous career oppurtunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MIJuly 3, 2018
While work days can be stressful, the environment and staff that I am surrounded by, help make the job duties less stressful. Direct manager is very supportive of nursing staff and flexible to their needs. Staff frequently pick up extra shifts to help the department versus being begged or offered additional incentive to do so.
Sr. Reports Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 29, 2018
Great Place to work -perfect work/life balance , Manager and colleagues are very cooperative. Great team work and it is fun to work with colleagues and there are very helpful to each other.
Hard work with high volume, thankless at times
Beaumont registration (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 26, 2018
Working registration at any hospital can be very tough and definitely stressful. It can be an under appreciated position with little understanding from coworkers in other departments. There are a lot of expectations and all of them are high.
Pros
Hour lunch, friendly coworkers, learning experience about healthcare
Cons
Low pay, front line for patient disputes, under appreciated
loved this place
Certified surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 24, 2018
great place loved working here will go back if they needed me to come back i was taught so much being my first job as a full time tech good place .......
I sincerely enjoy working for Beaumont/Oakwood and have been for 27 years.
Staff CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 24, 2018
I currently work the midnight shift(weekends). I love working for Beaumont as I am their main CT Technologist every weekend. I enjoy all my co workers, management team, other employees throughout the hospital and MOST IMPORTANTLY.....my patients. I am very detail oriented as well. I work alot of my shift solo and therefore I have learned to be very efficient, using my time wisely to take care of my patient, to get the job done, but ALWAYS with a smile!! My love for the elderly is a personal one and I enjoy my time with them.
Pros
Great environment to work around
Cons
I honestly cannot think of any
Routine
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 22, 2018
Working part-time allowed me to make pretty decent money for shorter hours. This worked best because of my school schedule. Coming in about 4-5 pm until close. Days followed about the same.
Excellent work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 20, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working at Beaumont! It provides excellent patient and family centered care using the most up to date, evidence based practices. The work environment is friendly, clean, and professional. The physicians and other health care members have good communication skills, although there is always room for improvement. Beaumont truly values its employees and it's obvious as an employee there that they not only value the employee, but the patient as well
Ambulatory is over staffed, while inpatient side is understaffed.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 18, 2018
Lack of leadership. Mid level through higher up. Practice managers are unprofessional. Not truthful. Lack of promotion from within. Office is like junior high. Employees bullied, loud, and rude to staff and patients alike. Have never met anyone higher up than regional practice administrators.
Pros
Benefits and salary
good atmosphere
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 14, 2018
I worked in the cafeteria and the job changed every day depending on the time i started. If I worked 6:15-2:45 I was either a server on the grill, deli, or hots station, salad bar, or stocking condiments, or cleaning in the dinning room. If I worked 10:30-2:30 I was a server on either grill, hots, or deli stations. and if I worked 11:00-7:30 I was either salad bar, stocking condiments, cleaning the dinning room, or reliving someone for break. I started at $10.00 and then ended with $11.75. They had great benifits (health, and dental).
Pros
Health insurance and great pay
Cons
hours cut
Great Coding Work, High Mgmt Turnover, Adaptation to Many Changes Difficult
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 11, 2018
Great coding work with interesting charts and WFH after training. Lots of changes to processes and instructions without time or help to adapt.
High turnover in supervisors and mgmt. deteriorates morale and degrades the workplace culture.
I enjoyed volunteering at ER, Beaumont hospital attending to the urgent needs of those being admitted.
Volunteer work (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 11, 2018
Volunteering at the Emergency room was challenging. Those who came needed urgent attention and I enjoyed giving them water, warm blankets, snacks and anything else they needed while waiting for the doctors and nurses to treat them. I learned a lot especially how some patients suffered from preventable conditions like smoking. Doctors and nurses had to work very fast when handling those emergency cases. the hardest part was seeing people arriving with serious injuries or with breathing problems. The most enjoyable part was when a patient stopped shivering after getting a warm blanket, or after his/her needs were met.
Pros
The joy of serving without expecting any payment
Cons
The pain of seeing very sick or badly injured patients.
Rad tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 9, 2018
I went through x-ray school through beaumont, where I was well prepared for my career in x-ray, afterward I worked for Beaumont as well. Royal Oak and Troy.
Emergency Technician
Emergency Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 8, 2018
Great positiion, great staff, great learning environment. It is not for the faint of heart. Emergency medicine is the real deal. This is a great place to get your footing prior to a nursing program etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaumont Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight