Beaumont Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search See all 1,193 reviews
Great management, coworkers, loved my job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 18, 2019
I was a nursing assistant at Beaumont-- Royal Oak for almost 2 years and would recommend working there as a NA if looking for a NA position at a hospital. I had great coworkers. I had an excellent nurse manager and assistant nurse manager, but I hear management on other units can be poor, I just got lucky. My manager truly made the unit a great place to work. Great patient care and interactions happen here. I learned a lot and met a lot of great doctors, nurses, NP/PAs, etc. It really feels like you are on a team at Beaumont. I would be assigned 5-8 patients per 12 hour shift. I was expected to bathe, ambulate, and care for the patient's needs (except medications--that is RN primary role). I would help patients perform ADLs and simply empathize with them as many of them are going through difficult times-- learning about a poor diagnosis and just the stress of worrying about health. I became a better person from working here.
Pros
Great Management, Great Co-workers, 12-hour shifts 3 days a week
Cons
Pay could be more competitive to other hospitals in the area.
Na
Icu nurse (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJanuary 14, 2019
Based off of how much money they can make. It is not a place where they value employees.. i got hurt and lost my job now have to go through 100 hoops.
Enjoy this hospital. Great job
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 12, 2019
Enjoy interacting with patients and coworkers. Management is a call away if you have problems on the job. Staying positive is very helpful . Cleaning is very necessary in hospital setting. Love working with a great team young and old I must say , " We rock! ".
Pros
Fair pay, all supplies available to complete your job.
Junior High school games.
EC tech aide and telemetry tech. (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 12, 2019
I worked for Beaumont Troy for 3 yrs. Midnights as a telemetry tech then tech aide in EC. I left telemetry with the intentions of getting into nursing and obtaining more direct pt. contact. I've been and currently are a paramedic with 24+ yrs experience. I was told I would get the next EC tech position. After 3 rounds of tech interviews, not a single interview was offered to me. Mgt opted instead to show favouritism to kids who are 20-23 yrs old with NO experience with IVs, drawing labs, or performing any procedures. When I asked why, I was told "we promoted experienced individuals. "
I was lied to about this position and mgt is not promoting based on qualifications nor experience, instead, they promote children with no experience. I have since resigned and no exit interview was sought by Beaumont.
Very catty and immature work environment but great pt care given.
No unions anywhere at any Beaumont.
Pros
Beaumont's reputation
Cons
Catty, childish environment, favouritism, mgt doesn't care about employees
Security Department Review
Security (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 9, 2019
The security department is mostly comprised of professional and competent employees. The culture is a little old school but slowly beginning to move towards a corporate model. Overall, a great department and a great place to work.
Secure job
Overpayment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 6, 2019
This job is secure as well as repetitive. Day to day it isn’t so bad as long as the job duty is met. You know to know you’ll be hired in to WORK not just sit and chat. Having motivation will keep you up in the company.
Professional
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJanuary 2, 2019
Beaumont Home health is very flexible with schedules and great place to start off as nursing assistant and great for advancement into higher level medical field.
very busy
Scheduling Coordinator/Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 27, 2018
very busy workplace, benefits are not expensive, coworkers are very friendly and helpful. Management would try hard to please the staff and they also care if you are having family problems
Easy job, great pay but poor workplace culture
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 27, 2018
A typical day as an Environmental Specialist involves coming into work, finding what area of the hospital you are assigned to clean, attending huddle and going to your area to work. After cleaning for a little while, older housekeepers will then congregate and gossip for hours while leaving their areas unattended.

You may be assigned an area of someone that is off for the day. This area will be in poor condition and it will be your responsibility to make it look how it should in your one shift covering it. If it does not look how it should it will not fall on the person who has neglected the area for months but on you, the person who covered it for one day.

Aside from the negative, the pay here is great and the job is easy. If you can avoid the old lady gossip and poor management you will do just fine! They also offer overtime, which is past 8 hrs straight, quite a bit.
Pros
Pay, flexible scheduling
Cons
Gossip, management
Good overall company
Senior Registrar (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 16, 2018
Your experience will depend upon your direct leadership manager and the colleagues you work with day in and day out. I did not always feel supported by leadership.
Emergency Department Registar
Patient Registrar-ER (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 14, 2018
The registration department is always short staffed and the turn over rate is extremely high. Management is terrible and favoritism is so obvious from day one. Co-workers are unwillingly to help others and there is the worse gossiping I’ve seen in my entire working career. From “the Beaumont Standard” I was pretty disgusted by working here. They hire new employees for the night shift, which is a shift you work alone, then they all end up quitting. It is a broken system and if you decide to apply I wish you the best of luck!
Pros
Benefits, possibility for advancement
Cons
Management, co workers, turn over rate, high stress
Great coworkers and physicians, too much management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 11, 2018
The hospital is not the same as it used to be. Was unable to use vacation time due to consistently short staff. Expectations for nurses continue to compound, and not patient focused as described. Very exhausting job with quick burnout.
Good for beginning
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 10, 2018
I worked at Beaumont for 1 year. You have deal with patients and hospital staff everyday. you really learn patience when it comes to this job. it is very face paced.
Beautiful hospital, very structured.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 8, 2018
They want you to look, act and work a certain way, but if you do you'll have no issues and it was a pleasure working here. The pay is competitive and the benefits were good.
MA/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 7, 2018
Management is understanding and appreciative. Their always willing to work with you when you need assistance. Beaumont is an awesome company to work for. I've learned so much during my time as a Beaumont employee.
Productive and fast paced
Environmental Attendant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 7, 2018
Beaumont is a excellent place to work at and is a fast paced environment. the hardest part of the job is interacting because you really always working and never have time to interact if you are a hard worker.
Nice break room
Housekeeping laundry supervising (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 4, 2018
A place where you get to enjoy taking care of elderly residents have been fun talking with them share in their life stories encouraging him and being there for them
Pros
Incentives for ding a good job
Cons
Working short
new experience
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIDecember 2, 2018
Learned many new things about home health care services. Worked with great team of nurses. Would recommend working here. Enjoyed meeting so many new people.
Beaumont health is a good place to work
Documentation Coordinator/Team Secretary (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 27, 2018
Beaumont is a good place but the benefits were not that great. Managers are great! work load is busy. Home care was not stable. The most enjoyable part was the culture.
Great first rn experience
North Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 27, 2018
Beaumont was a great first rn job, I had strong preceptors, lots of education and mentor support, learned a great deal about med surg nursing, had great intial managers.
Pros
Family like team support
Cons
Manager left

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaumont Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight