Beaumont Health Employee Reviews

Stressful heavy work load
Resident Care Aid (Former Employee) –  DearbornOctober 11, 2018
This is a resident care position at Beaumont health and rehab. A long term care and rehabilitation center in Dearborn not the hospital. This facility has very low morale, it’s under staffed l, poorly ran and managed by a DON who’s nose is so far up her own backside that she’s unaware of or don’t care about the lack of care and low comradery of her nursing staff. The administrator as well. There are a few perks “union” ensures pay raises paid time off and they will work with you as far as scheduling goes but overall its a bad place to work. It’s clean and the grounds are amazing but dont let that and the Beaumont name fool you. This facility is under staffed on all levels nursing housekeeping and dietary.
Pros
PTO and pay raises
Cons
Consistently short staff low morale and poor management
Job security....that's about it
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 5, 2018
In the lab department, the management is extremely poor. Management does not know what is going on a majority of the time and makes decisions without employee input. There is too many "management" positions and it needs to be downsized because some management positions are just fillers for job security.
People hired into the higher positions, do not care about their employees and do not help out when staffing is low. Instead, we are pushed to work harder to try to reach management's goals to make themselves look good, while they are sitting in the office either on the phone or surfing the web. It has gotten to a point where people are quitting right and left or people will call in sick because they are overworked.
Raises?! You can forget getting a raise unless the cost of living goes up. Pretty soon fast food workers will be making more than hospital employees.
Pros
job security
Cons
no raises, poor management
Excellent place to train
Interventional Radiology - Integrated Resident (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 30, 2018
Excellent place to train. Attendings are very willing to teach, schedule is not that bad, get lots of opportunities to learn new skills and do as much research as you want.
would rather not answer
Controller (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MISeptember 27, 2018
would rather not answer it was a good work environment I was exposed to a lot of different components of accounting. The position helped build me up to my next career level.
Beaumont revenue cycle
Revenue Cycle Specialist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 26, 2018
Billing used to great as Beaumont employees were efficient and handled all billing and correspondence and took pride in their work. When they merged with two other hospital systems, most functions are outsourced because they could not handle the volume. They are also unappreciative of their employees.
Pros
a job
Cons
unappreciative of employees
Enjoyable and very rewarding, very patient focused.I was very proud to be part of the Fertility Team.
Ultrasonographer (Former Employee) –  royal oak,beaumontSeptember 25, 2018
I loved working at Beaumont's Fertility Center. Best job I ever had. I Loved the entire staff / patients. I was very sad to have our office close.
ok place to work
Secuirty Officer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 23, 2018
Management is not good because they play favoritism. They don't go off of your skills but off how much you kiss butt. If you get an complaint its your fault..
Use to love my job
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 23, 2018
I used to love my job and was very loyal to Beaumont for 40 years until I got falsely accused of something and had to go through hoops to prove myself again after 15 years of being a commendable employee per my yearly evaluations from management never abused the attendance policy or had one negative thing on my record the 15 years I have been an employee but prior to that I worked from my heart happily
Cons
Short breaks, and
Horrible management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MISeptember 20, 2018
Working here seemed to be the American dream. People were leaving the practice left and right and couldn’t figure out why. I soon realized management was terrible. I do believe what goes around comes around and cooperate needs to keep a watch on this facility. Doctors are great and staff is mostly pleasant, management sucks indefinitely...
Pros
Medical field
Cons
Poor management
Good hospital, good nursing care
Emergency Services Line, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 17, 2018
Overall excellent hospital. Emergency department at the time of my employment was poorly managed with a very poor culture and non-supportive staff. Would not recommend for newer nurses.
Pros
Good benefits, good hospital
Cons
Poor ER leadership and culture
Productive and friendly environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 10, 2018
My day at Beaumont is usually productive
I learn that teamwork is an essential to a big hospital
Management is great they care for there employees
Great workplace culture everyone gets alone with eachother
Pros
Great beneifits
Cons
Great place to work and likes to promote within.
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 10, 2018
Beaumont Health allows some departments to work flexible work schedule and now has all corporate departments in one building. Believes in promoting from within.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Corporate Office moved to Southfield.
Good experience
Coding Extern (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 8, 2018
I was able to go all over the hospital to see how multiple areas of coding function, and that was great. It was really helpful to be able to get an overall viewpoint of the hospital and how each department functions with the other ones.
not a my favorite place to work
RNC (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 7, 2018
terrible experience from the start, and have yet to improve. Nice people to work with, job currently very stressful. looking to advance my knowledge, and work in a different type of environment, the teaching environment. I intend to put my graduate degree to use.
Run of the Mill hospital experience
Registered Nurse, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 5, 2018
In my experience each hospital has the same pitalls- staffing, call offs, and increasing demands on bedside nursing. managment was top notch when i worked there. Opportunities for advancement were often, however mostly to management.
challenging, ever-growing environment
Program assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 5, 2018
I learn something new everyday. I work in a beautiful office inside Beaumont health. It's a great job and very fulfilling. I am just looking for part time work to supplement my current income.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
almost constant interruptions
Decent benefits
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 5, 2018
Job culture depends on what Manager you work under. It's good to have health benefits. Vacation/sick time can be accrued and that is nice to have. Several locations.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Communication
A great place to learn
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MISeptember 4, 2018
Shifts as a clinical assistant can include anything from standard secretarial work, to taking a patient team, to sitting with patients that need 1:1 care.
Patient unit management tends to be as flexible with scheduling as they can be, within reason.
There is very much a team atmosphere, if more so on night shift than day shift. That and the pay differential make up for the shifts times.
Patient to staff ratios can feel somewhat high.
Pros
Team atmosphere, tuition reimbursement, decent insurance
Cons
Often working short
room for growth
Employment Representative (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 29, 2018
I don't have much to report on. i started out at the front desk and moved up through the dept rather quickly. I enjoy working with my coworkers every day.
Wonderful co-workers
Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 25, 2018
Co-workers are team players. No two days are the same. There are opportunities to learn and grow. My current manager really listens to the staff and their ideas and is willing to implement them. Although it is busy, we do have fun at work. Not that it pertains to my current position, but the hardest part of the job was working holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job it interacting with patients and their families.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
No cons in my current position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beaumont Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight