Beaumont ISD Employee Reviews

Fast Workpace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 9, 2018
I am consistently working with students and or simultaneously planning for annual meetings. Paper work is excessive and there are annual updates pertaining to the function of the work place.
Unproductive Management Leaders
Office Clerk (Paraprofessional) (Former Employee) –  Clifton J Ozen HighAugust 6, 2018
The problem with the job bat BISD was that what they said and what actually happened was two different things. AS an institution of education they did not really see the big picture of what students needed or the parents of the student. They did not encourage an atmosphere of helping and motivation.
Pros
Co-workers and benefits.
Cons
Management from the upper level down
Self-reliant, informative
Social Studies Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 18, 2018
My time at BISD was very educational as regard to administration and some staff members.

I was able to gain knowledge regarding education as new teacher.
I taught grade 7 and 8 which consisted of US History and Texas History. I had the pleasure of teaching six classes a day for 11 years at the same middle school. I truly enjoyed teaching Pre-ap students as well as regular students.

I was given the opportunity to attend workshops that gave me the skills and ability to be a very good teacher. It was a great experience for me and my students. In the 2013, was nominated for the Reaud Award.

Becoming a teacher was my utmost dream, I was able to accomplished it.
Pros
Teaching Pre-ap students and exploring the education world.
Spanish Teacher
Teacher (Spanish I & II) (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 15, 2018
I was a Spanish Teacher, teaching Spanish I and II. I had to make
2 sets of lessons plans per week. Students were very nice and respectful. I enjoyed working there because this is the high school I graduated from.
Challenging job with rewards reaching far beyond the paycheck.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 4, 2018
My day began at 7:00 with preparations. It ended when I finished for the day, sometimes as late as 9:00. I taught 3 classes of English and Reading to 84 4th grade students for 7 years, and 1st grade class of 24 students for 6 years (all subjects). Bmt. ISD

I learned that dealing with parent's children is a lot like dealing with people's money. They both take patience, good management, hard work and focus.

The diverse cultures in my different jobs have proven to be helpful in dealing with all peoples. It is important to be able to relate to all cultures positively and with respect.

The hardest part of any job is communication. I am well versed in English and have excellent communications skills. I listen well and do not mind going the extra mile for people.

Dealing with people to me is the most enjoyable part of any job. It may not always be easy, but I enjoy turning a negative into a positive for both my employers and the people I deal with.
Pros
Holidays off with my children, which are all grown now.
Cons
taking work home every night.
Good people, horrible management
Confidential (Former Employee) –  BeaumontMarch 8, 2018
Let me get this out of the way and say that there are some very good people working for BISD, most of whom are staff. Management/Administration, on the other hand, leave a lot to be desired. In many positions throughout the district they put the most incompetent people in charge. Almost zero accountability from the superintendent on down. If they can screw you over, chances are they will and chances are they'll get away with it. Word to the wise, don't cross swords with anybody who is a member of a certain large church in Beaumont. Many of the administration go there and they've got a stranglehold on that place. Pay was good, time off even better, but they don't care one iota about your personal or family life in spite of saying that they do. The corruption that was rampant at that place is still there, it's just hidden a little better now.
Pros
Pay was good, time off, very good co-workers
Cons
Unbelievably incompetent supervisors, lack of concern for employees wellbeing/family life
The work setting
Permanent Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 11, 2018
This is a great company to work for and you will enjoy each day that you arrive on campus. I had several teams I worked with and we formed bonds that I will always cherish. The work place is fast paced and you will learn a lot in record time. You will have a great team to work with. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Education never stops
Cons
short breaks
Very cut throat and deceptive
PARA-PROFESSIONAL AIDE (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Bisd has long been known for its many deceptive practices such as cheating, embezzlement of funds, and various other ethics and moral violations. They are notorious for presenting a student centered and children focused environment that is everything but that. Instead you have various cliques and friends that promote favoritism and loyalty to many personal agendas and misleading datat that falsely represent the school districts true performance.
Pros
Flexible with time off
Cons
Leadership lacks people skills
productive and stressful job
Regular Education teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 24, 2018
The STAAR testing required by the state of Texas made it somewhat stressful. Everything we did was based on standardized testing. After 30 years in this field I am ready for something else.
Most enjoyable part of the job
In-Home Trainer -Clerical Professional (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 8, 2017
Teaching children who were exceptional in social skills, behavior skills and self help skills. Great workplace and learned a lot about working with exceptional students.
Pros
Seeing great results
Cons
The parents
Somewhat Productive, not completely fair with pay
CONFIDENTIAL (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I feel that only some can come in off the streets because they are friends with someone in the Administrative level and make more money than those who have been at this place and have an excellent work history, more credentials than they need for a particular job, but are not rewarded financially for it- all the while more work is being added to your work load.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Not fair enough with pay
Beaumont isd, was my first and current job, I love it!
Testing Coordinator/ Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I will miss working for BISD, I had to relocate because of a hurricane, but for anyone headed that way Please look into a job there. Very friendly, helpful and awsome. BISD taught me the correct way go from Student to a funcationable adult.
Difficult Students and Campuses
Teacher, grades 6-8, English and Reding (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 9, 2017
My school was known as one of the worst schools to work for in regards to discipline. Even with a very strong principal, discipline was out of control. There was very little support given to teachers in regards to discipline. You were expected to "deal with it" no matter what "it" was. Writing referrals became a joke, as nothing was done as far as punishment goes, and the student was right back in class with a slap on the wrist and a hug within a matter of minutes.
a nice place to work
Substitute Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 1, 2017
The school is a rewarding place. There are a lot placement jobs within this company The staff was great to work with The incentive was rewarding. It was easier getting to and from work
Ok place to work
Cashier Cafeteria (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 20, 2017
A lot of work cleaning rooms the breaks are
Awsome.the coworkers was very nice the mangnment could be better and the way they order there eqiment could be faster
Pros
Days off at anytime
Cons
The cleaning suppies
Great place to start a career in education.
Publications Manager /Digital Media Instructor (Current Employee) –  Central Medical Magnet HSJuly 15, 2017
Although Beaumont has its minor challenges, it is still a great place to rear children. "I appreciate all the valuable experience I've gained working in Beaumont ISD." The school district is very diverse. Beaumont ISD offers many career paths for students to fulfill the abundance of skilled labor career opportunities.
Overall Decent
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 3, 2017
District is in shambles, however the operations are pretty smooth. Must really love kids and have a firm but fair attitude or they will run over you. Other than that, simple.
Highly Skilled Educators & Bright Creative Students
Business Teacher (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 20, 2017
BISD is a great place to work.
Full of opportunities & room for advancement.
Local and good pay.
Community oriented & parent involvement.
Great environment for continued learning.
Workplace culture
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Despite the bad press that BISD gets in the local news, I love my job. I like working with kids, and I have no complaints. I plan to teach High School English upon receipt of my teaching certificate.
Pros
No physical stress
Positive, hard working workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Professional and productive work environment. Being responsible for the educational requirements of three hundred or more students was a demanding job. Time managerment and organizational skills were a plus. The hardest part of the job was testing, because of the stress that comes withn it. The most enjoyable part was being a part of the success of my students.
Pros
When students feel a connection and thank you for being a part of their life.
Cons
Late hours during testing