Beaumont ISD Culture reviews

Beaumont isd, was my first and current job, I love it!
Testing Coordinator/ Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I will miss working for BISD, I had to relocate because of a hurricane, but for anyone headed that way Please look into a job there. Very friendly, helpful and awsome. BISD taught me the correct way go from Student to a funcationable adult.
Productive workplace
Spec. Ed Adaptive Behavior Unit (ABU) Teacher (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 1, 2015
enjoyed students and staff. great staff and management. Co workers were fun. The best part of the job was helping students reach their educational goals.
Not what I was looking for.
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 29, 2015
I thought that moving to a small city like Beaumont, Texas would be nice compared to the rat race in Houston, but I found out that Beaumont ISD was being run by people who did not share the same morals as I did.
Since I left Beaumont ISD (Schools) the State removed the Board of Education, two employees were convicted of wire fraud, and more indictments are coming.
There is a new Board of Managers chosen by the TEA, and they are doing the best damage control that they can. BISD might be a better school district in 3 or 4 years if a new School Board doesn't mess things up in 1 1/2 years.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Culture of coruption.