Beautycounter Employee Reviews

Productive and encouraging workplace
Customer Experience Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 7, 2019
Strong attention to all employees. Very helpful in guiding new employees. Wonderful experience overall and would highly suggest. Everyone was really welcoming
Independent Consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2019
The company’s mission to get safer products into the hands of consumers is a personal believe of mine. I enjoy the flexibility that this affords me with my full time job.
Great ; Not so Great
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 26, 2019
- Politics. Know how to be the "favorite" for survival. This goes for all departments.
- Don't expect your hard work and skills to guarantee career growth
- Every team works in silo. All those meetings are pointless

- nice HQ location
- great learning experience since they are new in the industry still
- the movement behind the brand makes them unique
Pros
young company culture, nice HQ, employee discount
Cons
poor management, no career growth. They are still trying to figure "it" out
Really depends on your personality and lifestyle
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJanuary 18, 2019
This job is very person specific. You must be a very outgoing person and not afraid of sales. Blogging and influencers have a much stronger advantage.
Own your Time
Director (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTDecember 12, 2018
Building a business with Beautycounter has allowed me to own my time and to create financial freedom for myself. I work with a collaborative, amazing group of women who lift me up every day.
A wonderful company to work with!
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VANovember 14, 2018
My decision to start working with Beautycounter was one of the best decisions I have every made. The mission of getting safer products into the hands of everyone and advocating for strict health regulations on products we all use everyday! Our products are safer while also being high performing! We have something for everyone, from babies to our older generations. I love being able to meet new people and establish new relationships with people and help them choose safer options for things they use in their every day lives!
Pros
Getting to help people with safer choices in their lives.
Cons
People not looking past the "direct sales" aspect of Beautycounter.
Love Beautycounter
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTNovember 10, 2018
Great place for work life/balance and in creating and achieving your own personal goals for an excellent cause. Wonderful for transitioning jobs and starting a family!
great opportunity to make a nice income
Beauty Concierge & Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 7, 2018
great mission great products flexible hours fun and engaging with clients can make as much money as effort you put into it. great return policy for clients.
Life changing mission
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 3, 2018
Beautycounter is not just about selling products, its about selling products that are better for you. The company also has a mission to change the standards of ingredients in all personal care products.
Amazing Management Team
Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 9, 2018
The hardest job and the most rewarding! Amazing management team from CEO all the way down to direct management. Lots of flexibility and room to grow.
Supportive and independent environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 10, 2018
This position has allowed me to grow and succeed in many ways. Beauty Counter's mission and values align with my values and the way I want to pursue my career.
Flexible and fun
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTApril 30, 2018
Beautycounter offers the working woman the rare opportunity to run their own business their way on their time. It takes hard work and steadfast determination to be successful, but what job doesn't!?
Pros
Flexible schedule, a large part of the job is socializing and educating others
Great
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 4, 2018
Beautycounter is the perfect side hustle if you are looking to make extra income and you care about the mission of getting safer products into the hands of consumers.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Need to keep up
Independent Consultant Review
Independant Consultant- Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2018
I work as an Independent consultant for Beautycounter. I do not work in their HQ offices located in Santa Monica. I LOVE being a part of such a powerful movement and do not intend to drop my personal business goals or extra income with Beautycounter
Great MLM Company
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 22, 2018
If you are wanting to go into MLM sales then I highly recommend Beautycounter. Their company is above anyone else in the market. Plus their commitment to changing the laws around personal care products is simply incredible.
Excellent, mission-driven company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2018
BeautyCounter is avidly working to change the standards of the FDA. Currently, more than 1,400 known harmful ingredients are banned in Europe. In the US, only 35 are banned. My job is to educate on the carcinogens and spread awareness of ingredients in the products we use daily. I independently market and sell directly to consumers BeautyCounter's products.
Beautycounter is an innovative company in the Skincare and Beauty Industry.
Independent Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 31, 2017
I am an Independent Business Owner and consultant with Beautycounter, a company whose mission is inseparable from their brand: We educate families about the need for change to the beauty industry. We provide a collection of skin care and beauty products that are chic, affordable and safe to women and families while empowering them through education about the need for safer, toxic chemical free products. Beautycounter is a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA).
Difficult Culture to Penetrate
Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 23, 2017
Mean girl environment led by the executive leaders and circulated down and throughout the organization. Chief of staff dates the field director, anyone with clout are friends and there is no HR to get a fair shake at anything.
Pros
Thursday lunches, people in other work groups outside the sales team CRO and those that work for her
Cons
Terrible work life balance. Lack of communication. Never know where you stand or who to trust.
Toxic Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 23, 2017
Beautycounter is a horrible place to work. The company is moving too fast without enough space or resources to do attain it's goals. There is no HR and management offers no performance feedback. It is almost impossible to thrive here unless you are "in" with the C-levels.
create own hours
Direct Sales/ Account Management/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 30, 2017
Great company, can go as far as you want... 100% commission. They give you all the resources you need to succeed and access to training. Can take awhile to receive an answer when a question is submitted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beautycounter. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2