Bechtel Employee Reviews

Found 1,410 reviews matching the search See all 2,285 reviews
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LASeptember 25, 2018
Enjoyed every day at work. Great place to advance a career and move up in the company. Good management and office staff. Had to move on due to reduction of force
Workplace culture
Senior Project Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 25, 2018
The workplace culture is one of a construction company no matter the office location. You are expected to show up early and stay late until the work is done. When the project is complete you are expected to relocate to a new state or country depending on where the next job is located.
Pros
Opportunities to travel
Cons
Expectation to move ever few years
Excellent
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Sabine Parish, LASeptember 23, 2018
Really would recommend this job to everyone and I hope to gain employmemt like it soon. I was able to work multiple hours that although were tiring was also definetely a learning experience. My supervisors were great and helpful and I'm just said that my time there has ended.
Bechtel was an excellent place to work. I met some of the most amazing people while employed at this facility. I would definitley do it again.
Labour/Helper (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXSeptember 23, 2018
My experience at Bechtel was very pleasing. I was able to meet a lot of different people from different areas. In which I grew very fond of. I was able to grow with a team of people who help me in my journey at Bechtel.
Pros
Every quarter Bechtel would come together and feed the staff as whole, It was a perfect oppurtunty to meet the entire staff. it was a great experience!
Cons
The only cons that I could address, is the weather determined wheather you were going to work the full day.
Work Place Culture
Piping Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LASeptember 20, 2018
Depends on the project you are assigned to. Some are better than others depending on the Site Manager or you department supervisor and the kind of deadline you are trying to meet.
Challenging work projects
Engineering Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 19, 2018
Bechtel offered technically challenging work. Being such a large company it was difficult to understand the culture. The people I worked with were technically excellent.
This is a great company, but losing speed
Junior Plant Designer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 19, 2018
I loved working for Bechtel. Not only did it give me major training and on the job working skills, but the compensation and benefits were awesome. I feel that if it were not for going through 2 separate site reductions of force, I would still like to be employed with the company.
who you know not what you know
Pipe General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Gregory, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Company is good to work for if you just do your job,too many Valley people sticking together such as Bechtel allowing brothers,cousins,and relatives working together and taking sides on their behalf,advancing up is like only who you know not what you know is the only way to move up at Bechtel and HR in the past was bringing in who they wanted even thou they couldn't speak a lick of english and paying to get in some jobs and not allowing the experience workers hire in but then again,the HR office personal in front are all from the valley as well so how else can you get a job being experience.
Pros
training if needed
Cons
too many inexperience Valley people
fun and awesome i like it a lot
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 17, 2018
very nice work i enjoy working there everything was perfect the only thing was management needed help other than that good working pace good hours wish that i was still working for this company
Pros
prizes on some occasions
Cons
good benefits
No a bad place had bonuses that helped a lot.
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Cameron Parish, LASeptember 12, 2018
Overall it was a good place to learn and get more experience in different parts of the trade. Better than just sticking to like bolt up or just fitting here I did a good bit of all that comes with dealing with pipe work. Would work for them again when I get laid off and move to the next one.
Pros
Bonuses
Great people but pay is on the low end.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Cameron, LASeptember 12, 2018
Great people to work woth but the pay is poor. Management could be better as well. Great bonuses, but if you are a parent dont plan on them to understand that your family comes first ...
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Pay
Great place to work.
Scaffold Builder Leadman (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Fun and great place to work. Get a lot of overtime. Good work environment. Safety is very important to Bechtel. Work is done with lots of care and quality.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Opportunity to advance
Piping general foreman (Former Employee) –  Gregory, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for Bechtel and I hope I can again steady work and good opportunities are definitely a plus with Bechtel I really believe in the programs for people to learn a trade and the safety programs are really good as well
decent
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Sabine Pass, TXSeptember 10, 2018
I'm being made to write this. I have nothing to say about the company. over all it was a good experience in my younger days. I would work for them again.
Career Advancement
Engineering Coordinator/Human Resource Contact (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 9, 2018
As an employee for Bechtel moving to advance in a career is a matter of who you know, not what you know. New colloege hires do much better within Bechtel than older expierenced employees.
Good long term job
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Sabine Parish, LASeptember 6, 2018
Good job . Longer I stayed the less my annual income was.Got screwed out of my bonuses that I accumilated for me services..... 9Wasnt the only one that happened to......
Pros
Left you qalone and let you handle your bussiness the way it was siuppose to be done
Cons
Ungrated, Did not apprciate the work from the dedicated man in the bussiness
Good company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Really enjoyed working for them very good company
Had met some real good people had good Mangment team and Good pay rates and they care of their workers during Harvey that was great
Pros
Great pay rates
Cons
Cant think of none
Okay place to work.
structural welder (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Too much favoritism. They don't put the right people in the right positions. Example: i have thirty yrs experience in welding but they will make one of there buddies a supervisor with only two yrs experience!
Pros
okay place to work.
Cons
Management sucks!
This timeframe was a let-down of my careet
IS&T Business Analyst (Project IT Team Lead I) (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 30, 2018
When transferred out of state, management was a complete turn-around. Recognition of positive automation process changes were not accepted/considered. Attempts to perform as a lower level were appeared to be not up-to-standard.
Amazing company
Site Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 30, 2018
This is a great company to work with. The team work makes projects a real success. I found it to be very supportive of juggling family and work. Management is very in tune with employees.
Benefits
Cons
Relocation