Bechtel
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100

Bechtel Employee Reviews

United States2,070 reviews

Found 2,070 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,318 reviews

Everyday working with good people who knows how to someone and try their best to teach you everything that they know

Good people,love everything that I do, the job was one of the best that I ever worked on and Bechtel is one of the best if not the best company that I ever worked for!

Most of the people on site worked well with me and I with them

Worked outside my job School, special concessions was put in for me to move up and it was approved but on-site management refuse to do it to promote me

Bechtel insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job

Best Engineering EPC Company

Best EPC company working on Oi; and gas Projects in Houston, office. Open / remote work systems. Allows technical expertise.Workplace culture is encouraging and open, Learned the latest engineering approaches.

Good company care about employees

Overall a good company to work for. When time off was needed for personal reasons, they gladly accommodated my needed time off, and made sure my position was not filled. I was able to return to work like I hadn't missed any time at all.

Ambiente de trabajo seguro

Cumplimiento de los objetivos laborales, seguridad y calidad, orientación hacia las diferentes actividades, protección, compañerismo y atencion

Decent pay. Plenty of hours. Learned a lot while working there. Lots of traffic entering and leaving work. Sometimes difficult to get tools or supplies from tool room clerks.

Safety quality and production

Bechtel so much value lives and 100% quality we thinks twice before we proceed, safety first turn 360deg for safe condition then we can get 100% production.

Exelente

Es una empresa cuya máxima preocupacuon es la Seguridad del trabajador. Tiene un programa de atención personalizada para con los trabajadores que se lesionan en el trabajo ya sean lesiones leves como otras de mayor impacto. Es una empresa que me dió el valor que no veía . Hoy puedo decir mil gracias Bechtel y estamos a la orden... Vale la pena seguir a esta empresa a dónde se dirija.

Wonderful Employer

Feels like family but in a good way. Great flexible hours, good pay, great work environment and supportive management. Only wish it wasn't a project only position.

Excellent

Very good company to work for. It’s very competitive and challenging. The company is very stable and full benefits. The company has developed projects overseas.

All of the good

It’s a great company to work for. I really enjoyed working there. My bosses were very good to us laborers. They were always so positive. Very understanding

Good work experience, but management leadership has sunk to low levels.

Great projects, but as the work booked decreased the company culture tanked to the lowest levels during my 30 year career. The current management team does not practice what they promote. In a family company it is key to be part of the family, if you want to advance.

Pros

You want to travel - work here.

Cons

Family company, management treats people poorly, and you will travel all the time.

professional and challanging.

This is the top end of Construction/ Construction Management companies. You will find projects so varied and challanging, staffed with the best professionals in the field. Its not a job. Its a career. If you're hired your lucky and good. Enjoy the ride.

Pros

great money, great projects, good management, job security

Cons

never had a problem

Company cares only for money, and not the safety or well being of employees

- Only persons who agree with management are respected, even when management recognizes they were wrong in the first place.- Management regularly puts down workers, and upper management does nothing to stop this.- Good ol' boys club. Only bootlickers get ahead

Flexibility is the key for lasting and advancing at Bechtel. Politics also plays a role in getting up the ladder faster than the average.

It’s a conglomerate. So, you could be working for different bosses through the years. With every new boss, you have to prove yourself all over again, and again. However, for engineers, it’s a great company to work for and acquiring a wealth of experience in the engineering and construction of multi billion dollars projects all over the world. The company has several different specialized business units: Infrastructures, power, oil & gas, mining, etc. When one business unit is not doing well because of a global economic setback, you can easily find an opportunity with another business unit within Bechtel.

Productivity, Quality, Communication

I had pleasure working with Bechtel.people were very cooperative and friendly.They have nice canteen in Fredrick, Mary Land.Lots of Restaurants and easy to shopping.

Pros

On job training

Cons

they have good Healthcare

Muy professional.

Bechtel es una compania muy dedicada Al professionalismo en todas las ramas y noveles . Muy responsables en mantener al empliado con Mucha seguridad para todos .

Worst company to work for, favoritism all over

Management stinks, leaders favor employees based on their race and color. Take advantage of employees’ visa status. No opportunity for growth for people of color.

Professional PM environment

Good company, Professional and experienced engineers all around. Great place to work, but the layoff was the only choice they have for people who are not connected

Pros

fair pay

Cons

Limited working time in some projects

Overall a decent company to work for if you are in the right circle

I reported several issues including safety to HR and the head manager for the site and my claims were dismissed. HR is not here for the employees, they are there to protect the company. One of the first things they tell you during orientation is retaliation is not tolerated here which is false. My coworkers were very nice but management and the people who are suppose to help you succeed are not in your corner if you don't subscribe to their view of things and you can be blackballed quickly because of it.

Pros

Plenty of hours, benefits, good coworkers

Cons

Management, Hr, retaliation for reporting issues

The best Engineering and construction in the world

Bechtel is the most goal oriented company i have ever worked with! The goals are team selected from every level, craft, from start to finished. All plans are addressed and explained no matter what! Team work is strong not only within the individual departments or crafts. Individual craft goals are addressed so the next crafts can achieve their goals. Items are not completed but instead decisions with the next craft to ensure any bottle necks in the progression of the project are not an issue. Bechtel is truly the company in my opinion were any Engineer, craft (aka- Ironworker, pipe welders/fitters, carpenters, and all other crafts will be respected by any other companies when seen on your resume.

Common questions about Bechtel

Answered by current and former employees at Bechtel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Bechtel with

Bechtel reviews by popular job title

• Bechtel