Bechtel

Bechtel Employee Reviews

United States2,079 reviews

Found 2,079 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,332 reviews
projectconstructionsafetyengineeringnuclearengineersitecraft

Everyday working with good people who knows how to someone and try their best to teach you everything that they know

Good people,love everything that I do, the job was one of the best that I ever worked on and Bechtel is one of the best if not the best company that I ever worked for!

hardest part of my job

I would say that I love the work at Bechtel and like the environment. But I will say hardest part of my job is my title. I'm combo welder and felt like I could of been paid fairly and feel in male dominated field they tend to overlook us women. I have set many records for welding and installing and am hard working always. Like many other places it's acknowledged but never raises for those that really shine or evaluate Same as men and the company amazing management could improve

Bechtel insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

There a lot I can tell about bechtel I really enjoy working for them

Bechtel is one of the most popular job sites I been on they care alot about they employees. They often on the job training if you want to better yourself

Every day I miss it

I was forced to leave Bechtel for family obligations. I felt like everything I did for this company had a strong purpose. It got hard and stressful at times but they pay you fairly for what you sacrifice. I miss it and would go back if ever given the opportunity.

My personal opinion of Bechtel

I began this journey with Bechtel back in 2008. I was barely making ends meet working for local #459 out of Belleville Illinois. Out of the blue the local business agent called and asked if I could be at the Prairie State project that morning, so I quickly answered yes and I’ve been blessed to be with Bechtel ever since. I’m so grateful for Bechtel. They have paid off my house, help put my child through college, and I have been able to clear any and all debts. This company actually cares about all the people who work for them and that shows. 14 years later I’m still proud to say I’m a Bechtel employee and my personal life is pretty good. Thank you to the Bechtel family for making this possible.

Pros

Free classes such as NCCER, electrical, welding and etc.

Cons

Can’t really say any cons about this company.

Heavy workload, but not anymore than usual for the industry.

I really enjoyed working at Bechtel. I learned. something new everyday and it was challenging which only helped me become better at my position. Bechtel is proactive, not reactive to issues of concern and by using this approach, you keep people safe and keep the projects moving forward.

Pros

Great pay and great learning atmosphere.

Cons

More tuition assistance needed.

Great short goal company

The job is what you make it. Come in, stay engaged in your work and keep your head down then repeat. You can do well for yourself by seeking out cross-training opportunities. Good tech talks and symposiums. From Day 1 learn as much as you can to become more marketable for your future advancement goals.

Pros

The name looks good on your resume, nice annual bonuses

Cons

The business needs change quickly

Solid Company with Potential to Grow

I worked for Bechtel for 12 years. You must learn their way of doing things. If you can do that you will succeed. Bechtel is over 100 years old and they will be around a long time. They have a formula for success and it works.

Pros

Strong and old company.

Cons

Will have to travel with this company.

Great company to work for. Unfortunately, the company moved so I could not commute and relocate at that time

My management team was excellent. That makes a big difference at work and I was lucky to be part of the team. Unfortunately, the company moved so I could not commute and relocate at that time.

Most of the people on site worked well with me and I with them

Worked outside my job School, special concessions was put in for me to move up and it was approved but on-site management refuse to do it to promote me

Best Engineering EPC Company

Best EPC company working on Oi; and gas Projects in Houston, office. Open / remote work systems. Allows technical expertise.Workplace culture is encouraging and open, Learned the latest engineering approaches.

Good company care about employees

Overall a good company to work for. When time off was needed for personal reasons, they gladly accommodated my needed time off, and made sure my position was not filled. I was able to return to work like I hadn't missed any time at all.

Ambiente de trabajo seguro

Cumplimiento de los objetivos laborales, seguridad y calidad, orientación hacia las diferentes actividades, protección, compañerismo y atencion

Decent pay. Plenty of hours. Learned a lot while working there. Lots of traffic entering and leaving work. Sometimes difficult to get tools or supplies from tool room clerks.

Safety quality and production

Bechtel so much value lives and 100% quality we thinks twice before we proceed, safety first turn 360deg for safe condition then we can get 100% production.

What is the best part of working at Bechtel Construction Services?Decent pay and benefitsWhat is the most stressful part about working at Bechtel Construction Services?Consistently long hours and weekend work, it wears on you.

Exelente

Es una empresa cuya máxima preocupacuon es la Seguridad del trabajador. Tiene un programa de atención personalizada para con los trabajadores que se lesionan en el trabajo ya sean lesiones leves como otras de mayor impacto. Es una empresa que me dió el valor que no veía . Hoy puedo decir mil gracias Bechtel y estamos a la orden... Vale la pena seguir a esta empresa a dónde se dirija.

Wonderful Employer

Feels like family but in a good way. Great flexible hours, good pay, great work environment and supportive management. Only wish it wasn't a project only position.

Excellent

Very good company to work for. It’s very competitive and challenging. The company is very stable and full benefits. The company has developed projects overseas.

All of the good

It’s a great company to work for. I really enjoyed working there. My bosses were very good to us laborers. They were always so positive. Very understanding

Good work experience, but management leadership has sunk to low levels.

Great projects, but as the work booked decreased the company culture tanked to the lowest levels during my 30 year career. The current management team does not practice what they promote. In a family company it is key to be part of the family, if you want to advance.

Pros

You want to travel - work here.

Cons

Family company, management treats people poorly, and you will travel all the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Bechtel with

Bechtel reviews by popular job title

• Bechtel