Bechtel

Bechtel Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

San Francisco, CA46 reviews

Found 46 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,318 reviews

Excellent

Very good company to work for. It’s very competitive and challenging. The company is very stable and full benefits. The company has developed projects overseas.

Major projects you will be working on.

Strong company, productive and progressive but you need to be dedicated. Should be prepared to increase your education. Many projects to choose from within the company.

Pros

You have pride in working for the company.

Cons

You go to where the work is.

Bechtel insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job

Great company to work for!

Opportunities at Bechtel are endless. Definitely a place where you get what you get rewarded for the effort you put in. The only reason I left is because the company relocated to the east coast.

They are pretty much removed from San Francisco

It depends on the specific department and management you work for. A huge secretive company that can show loyalty or just ignore you depending on where you work.

Well respected and historically relevent

Bechtel is a silent behemoth construction player with a portfolio dating back 150 years. A typical day at work consists of standard daily tasks and career coaching. I have learned more in the past 7 years than all my time at school. The culture is multi dimensional because of the corporate v. job site differences. The hardest part of the job is being constantly available to move to remote locations.

Pros

Overtime pay

Cons

heavily procedure based

A Great place to work

The people make this a great place to work. The people have worked here a long time and are accustomed to good work ethics. Family atmosphere. Ethics and Integrity is a main focus.

Pros

The people

Cons

Opportunity to grow within the company

Great opportunity to grow within the company. Career Advancement if able to relocate projects all over the world.Great management, Extensive internal learning classes offered.

Pros

significant world view

Cons

need to be able to relocate at a moments notice

Good business pace, good relations and work environment, invigorating work backlog, good comendations.

Typical day, is receiving updated information on coming events or new job contracts that may affect current workloads or have effect on my job direction. Good before hand alerts of any unforeseen obstacles or possible problems that could effect work progress. Timely or regularly staff meetings with great opportunity to discuss current work concerns, upcoming milestones, or discuss important project details that could help production progress. I learned many things on this job, and how to better handle multi-projects simultaneously and how to avoid stress that comes from the inevitable matters not under my immediate control. Enjoyable part of the job is when work completes in timely manner with minimal interruptions or outages in services. Placing customers concerns first and complete satisfaction.

Pros

Great medical coverage options; Excellent 401k Program. Good management/employee relations.

Cons

No cons.

Lots of chances for upward movement since it is such a large company. Management really cares about its people. Since you can move around a lot you meet many friends.

Pros

Advancement

Productive place, very much like the movie Office Space

I learned a lot while I was there, however, most of my work was data entry. My coworkers were lovely people. Working here was truly a wonderful experience that I won't soon forget.

You can do anything at Bechtel

I've had and continue to have a great experience working for Bechtel. I've been able to try various types of roles and careers. Bechtel is a place where you can have a long fulfilling career.

Proud to work for Bechtel, a 120 year-old global company

I am proud to work for a company that stands on commitment, ethics and compliance. It is a very diverse company that leadership and management employ many talented employees that have engineered, constructed and managed extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. I have worked at entry level positions up to managing employees who have a security watch over the companies assets, people and projects. No matter what level you are working, the company shares the same respect for all employees. Currently, hardest part of the job is to manage the ever changing schedules required to keep a C-Level executive at the right place, at the right time. The most enjoyable part of the job is working for a company that you respect and are proud to say you are a part of, and has the same values as I do.

Pros

9-80 work schedule

Cons

The company is moving from San Francisco to the east coast.

Bechtel was a great place to work

I have had 19 different project assignments with Bechtel over a twenty year period. Those projects ranged all over the world from the Middle East to the tip of South America. I was proud to be a part of building infrastructure in countries where none had previously existed. My managers within Bechtel were the best that I have ever worked for, demanding to a fault but fair.

Pros

Lifestyle

Closing SF office

Bechtel is closing its SF office by the end of 2018. They just announced this. This is typical Bechtel - it can be a great company to work for, but you need to be ready to move at any time. Great, smart people work at Bechtel.

Lots of promisses

Company offers you a promotion, advancement etc. but it always includes a move. Your job will depend on the management. There are not many benefits offered.

Pros

Good 401(k) match

Cons

No other benefits

Bechtel Corp. built the Susquehanna Steam Station, in Beach Haven, PA. Once the power plant was completed employees were either relocated or laid off. I had a 3 month old so I got laid off, and didn't return to the workforce until 1994.

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Temporary job

This was a fantastic opportunity

Bechtel was my second job out of high school. I started as a project clerk and worked myself up through administrative assistant, division secretary, and HR generalist. It was a wonderful opportunity. When I see Bechtel's logo, I still think, "We are the largest engineering and construction company in the world and we are the best at what we do."

Pros

Wonderful people

Cons

I wasn't an engineer

Great Company

Great company to work for. They need to be better with the work life balance but over all a great place to work. Great team and a lot of learning opportunities.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Exciting and interesting Jobs, a lot of traveling, met a lot of different people, experiencing new places

Traveled to different nuke plants in different states, saw diversified on each state, encounter various challenges issues from sites to sites, and had to deal with various modes of management style and schedule. I learned a lot on different nuclear design types (PWR’s and BWR’s).

An international Engineering company

I loved working for Bechtel, it was a large company with 25,000 employees, There was international assignments and US assignments, I love them all, definitely a first class company

Best companyI have worked for.- Excellent management. Excellent professional working atmosphere.- Great place to grow and learn.

Bechtel is probably the most professional EPC company in the world.- Hughe number of professional talent willing to work and give clients the best result possible.- Professional treatment of emmployees and excellent remuneration package.

Pros

Excellent Professional working environment.- Great remuneration package.

Cons

Extremely choosy on jobs Bechtel pursues. Expensive MH rates to clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss