Beck's Shoes Employee Reviews

Awesome place to Work!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAOctober 18, 2018
Awesome Place to Work with Family like Atmosphere, Very Competitive Pay Package Arrangements, and room for lots of Growth!
Fast Paced, High Energy, Team Orientated, and Lots of Fun if you like working with People!
Cons
Turnover
Very hard to find work life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2018
Management will move you stores any time it suits them. They also make it seem like you will be paid much higher than you actually are, the pay structure can be very confusing. In my time there promotions go to the people that are not always qualified candidates. Can be stressful especially when hard workers are overlooked or just taken advantage of when its convienent. They claim to be a family orientated business but it is very hard to find work life balance as time off is not paid for. Days off requests are not always granted when it conflicts with management.
Pros
sales, customer service
Cons
no work life balance, stressful
Unreal expectations from senior mgmt for little pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San joseOctober 7, 2018
Very little pay and NO health insurance offered for any employees. Upper management has impossible expectations and always criticizing every little thing with no praise for all of the good things. All of this for $ 10 an hour plus a little commission? They promise you in the beginning that you will make lots of commission and you will quickly realize that they way over promise. Much higher paying and lots less stressful opportunities are out there.
Pros
Cons
Management is clueless
Productive workplace/ fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Capitola, CAOctober 4, 2018
A typical day depends on the season/day in this location. It can be slow, but there is usually something to be done. On a everyday basis you interact with customers and try to help them to the best of your abilities in order to fulfill their needs.
Pros
flexible schedule/ paid time off
Cons
no healthcare/ lack of communication
Productive workplace/ fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Capitola, CAOctober 1, 2018
Pros
flexible schedule/ paid time off
Cons
no healthcare/ lack of communication
Growth, Opportunity, and Forward Thinking
Lead Buyer/ Industrial Sales (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 27, 2018
Beck's Shoes is a engaging career oriented family operated corporation to work for. The busy thriving outside the box environment allows for forward thinking and pushing the envelope in our mutual business endeavors. In my time here there has always been a "we can" attitude, and if you apply yourself and voice your likes, needs and wants there is plenty of growth and opportunities available. Beck's shoes wants to take your talents and put them in the right successful engaged environment that will result in mutual successes.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Growth Opportunities, Inclusion in the business, Dental, Vision, 401K
Cons
No Major Medical
Positive Workplace
Office (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 27, 2018
Beck’s Shoes has been a supportive and fun place to work. My supervisor is amazing and I work with outstanding individuals. This family owned company is in an exciting phase of growth and innovation in the retail industry. Management has an open-door policy for both ideas and concerns. It is amazing that your ideas can have a direct impact on the company. Employee perks include a generous discount, poker night, bowling nights, and an annual party with prizes. Having a paid day off for your birthday (for most employees) is really awesome. Beck’s will be celebrating 100 years in business so it is a great time to be with the company.
Pros
People, flexibility, supportive
Cons
no healthcare
Pleasant environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CASeptember 26, 2018
Fast paced hands on training from very knowledgeable trainers.
Relaxed and pleasant work environment.
Flexible schedules.
No cap on commission but minimum goals have to be met.
Room for advancement fairly quickly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No healthcare
The last career I will ever have
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CASeptember 26, 2018
I've been with Beck's Shoes for over 4 years. A great family owned company that treats me like part of the family. I am here for the long haul.
Beck's Shoes at the store level is a fast paced environment. There is always something to keep me busy. I love working with our customers, and being the best part of their day.
Small store teams quickly become family. Everyday I look forward to a day full of fun and laughter.
Pros
Flexible schedules, commission pay
Cons
No healthcare
Family Owned
Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 26, 2018
I have only worked at Beck's Shoes for almost two years now and I have gotten to see a lot of the business. I started as a holiday help and was kept on to work the sales floor then moved up to assistant manager. From there I started to help with the marketing and ended up in my position now in Business Relations. This company has given me a lot of growth opportunities and has showed me that the sky is the limit if you just ask questions. The team at Becks is definitely my second family.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Fast Paced, Growth Opportunities
Cons
No Health insurance
Awesome business to work with.
Mobile Truck Salesman/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 26, 2018
This is a great company to work for. I had just moved to California and I was looking for a job. I had knowledge in the safety toe business and I interviewed with Beck Shoes. My very first day was a truck run and woah, was it fast paced but it was fun. I enjoyed the fast pace and haven't looked back. I mainly do the truck runs now and occasionally work in the warehouse now. Beck shoes is always willing to work with your schedule as they are a family too, and everyone knows family comes first. They have great hours to work as well and willing to work something out. They have 9 stores across the bay so a person can find a store that suits them. Everyone works together to give their full support to each other as well.
Pros
An awesome family to work for and understands you.
Cons
Wouldn't really say this is a con but theres always work somewhere to be done!
Growth and Fun Culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 19, 2018
Don't let this small business fool you. They operate at a very professional level and have 12 stores and are still growing. It's really easy work once you get into the routine. Management is always communicating with you and your voice is always heard. Growth opportunity is there for sure. The pay potential is there for those who follow their Basic 8 steps and foot scan. I made a pretty good amount at an entry-level and once I learned more about the sales process, my pay nearly doubled!! We get free shoes sometimes. It's a fun environment and the company parties are always fun! love the taco trucks they get for the Team Building events. 100 years in business because they really do care about us and the community around them. Adam Beck and Julia Beck are very influential and hear you out. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to get away from mall jobs, quota type sales and rough sale jobs because they help to develop you here. The only thing I feel like can be better is them offering health benefits.
Pros
flexible work schedule, growth, leadership, communication
Cons
No Healthcare
Great Family Owned Business
Lead Buyer (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 19, 2018
I have worked here for the last 5 yrs and it has grown/changed a lot! The company is very focused on having a positive company culture. We have a lot of team building events like poker nights, bowling nights, etc. Everyone from the owners on down work to make sure that everyone is included and feels valued. We are a solutions driven company that is always pushing for progress.
Pros
Flexible, fast paced, growth
Fun Culture with management that cares!
Manager \ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San JoseSeptember 17, 2018
Beck's Shoes has undergone some extensive remodels within there stores. The companies culture and teams have really evolved and become much more enjoyable these past few years. The 5th generation of the Beck Family really cares about the team. Overall a much better place than in years past.
Pros
vacation, bonuses & trips
Fast paced, customer service experience/sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  East Bay, CAJanuary 14, 2018
A typical day at work includes: stepping out of your comfort zone to create meaningful relationships with potential clients. Following company sales steps, consistently. Keeping track of shoe orders and customer inquiries about their orders. Maintaining sales standards and percentage of add on sales. Allocating a set amount of clearance product per month and knowing an array of various product features. Putting stock away in the correct areas on stock drop off days. Using checklist to maintain showroom standards.
Pros
Flexible schedule, hands on sales experience, experience running business
Cons
Very small company, no advancement, competitive, gossip
Fun and competitive retail store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 7, 2017
I work in a historical store thats been there for 45 years. Repeat customers that have a long history and love coming back. Every in the business is friendly and have an open door policy.
Pros
no cap on commission
Cons
no benefits
Good Store
Capitola - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAMay 27, 2017
working here was an overall good experience, there was good hours and good pay. This was however only a holiday job so that was sad but I would recommend this job to others.
Same Thoughts
Merchandising Analyst (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAMay 10, 2015
Management worked hard in communicating with employees on company's systems. Very flexible environment and great to work with individuals who care and are dedicated. Challenges are always coming and results are seen in the end.
It's been a great first starter job out of college.
Executive Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 20, 2014
It's been a great first starter job out of college. However they don't offer benifits anymore which is a huge factor. There is not much growth because it's such a small company.
great little company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 9, 2014
 Provided positive attitude, and customer service experience with two years of experience working in a sales or service environment.
 Excellent upbeat attitude, some experience with home projects, and the ability to multitask and handle a variety of customer and employee needs efficiently and graciously.
Pros
great services
Cons
very small

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beck's Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.