Becker Furniture World Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 18, 2018
A typical day started with a morning meeting to discuss numbers and go over any upcoming sales/events. From there you would wait for customers to come in, and, when they did, utilizing their UP app system, you would greet your customer and work with them for the duration of their stay. Learned some useful things about furniture while there, but you shouldn't expect much longevity as far as a career here goes. Depending on your location, it can be tough to make your numbers, and if you don't consistently make them, they'll let you go.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, learn a bit about the furniture industry.
Cons
Management, not much advancement as far as career opportunity goes
Very poor life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNMay 8, 2018
I’ll will be surprised if this company will last for another five years. Family owned but if you have a family and in sales there’s no way to balance. Very poor district manager.
Official response from Becker Furniture World
May 16, 2018

We are very sorry to hear that work/life balance was difficult for you in your position. Becker is constantly striving to to improve the experience of our customer and associate. We are currently working on ways to help better manager this balance for associates. We are excited for what the future brings!
While we are confident that we will be around for many years to come, and therefore respectfully disagree with your initial prediction, we do thank you for sharing your experience, and helping us to address concerns.

Positive Environment with nice and funny people
Becker -Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNApril 20, 2018
Loved working with everyone. When helping others, staying positive can really help their relationship back with yours here. Let other workers know how you feel and if you feel confused, they are willing to help.
Official response from Becker Furniture World
May 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your positive and constructive feedback!

Low stress environment with friendly coworkers.
Corporate office Associate (Current Employee) –  Warehouse and Distributions CenterFebruary 1, 2018
Every day is pretty consistent. I've never come in to a day yet where I feel tension or there is a frantic tone to the day. My individual manager is engaged in my training and concerned with making sure I have a work life balance. It seems in general like the management team is willing to chip in and stays on top of everyone's needs.

The hardest part of my job.....when new things come up that I haven't encountered, figuring out which resources to use.

My role is very self-driven. Quiet and satisfying.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
A little bit sedintary
Very stressful and competitive work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 18, 2017
Very little training, I had to basically teach myself or ask other sales associates for help. I had to work every weekend, I had no family or recreation time.

All sales associates were competing for the highest sales every day, it was very stressful.

I loved helping the customers but at times you had to input so much data into the computer as the customer was waiting for you.
Meh.
Sales and Design (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2017
It all depends on your manager. Co-workers are great, but much is out of the sales person's control, yet they are held responsible. Customer service for issues leaves MUCH to be desired, and can cause hard-won sales to get cancelled. There are "mandatory" repetitive trainings, even on your days off. Training is largely supported by co-workers kind enough to lend a hand. You MUST have a thick skin and be proactive to get comfortable. If you can sell, all is good. If you have a string of "off days" you WILL feel the pressure.
Loved management. Didn’t love hours or pay
Sales Lead Associate and Interior Design (Former Employee) –  BlaineNovember 1, 2017
Good management, good training. Horrible hours you work very long days. On a draw system for pay. It sucks. You can make good money sometimes. Watch your pay and bonuses closely! If you even get a bonus, they take it for draw. Loved working with customer and furniture just wasn’t worth everything else that sucked about the company.
Pros
Ability to design
Cons
Pay structure, hours
Fun place to work
Sales and Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNOctober 2, 2017
Very fun place to work. Opportunity for making good money. Would recommend to others as a place to work if you like sales and a wide variety of design in your environment.
My best experience was great coworkers.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoy assisting the customer with their design goals. However, it is a workplace culture that caters to the young employees providing sale opportunities that the older employees are denied.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Employees are not treated fairly.
They have a ton of options
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Management has always been poor there. People hired though generally created a great working dynamic. The company does offer a lot of product, so you can appeal to a broad dempgraphic.
Great Company Culture-Flexible Schedule-Awesome Management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Becker, MNSeptember 14, 2017
BFW has been a great place to work! I wake up every morning excited to come into the office and get started!

My manager is the BEST! She is continually teaching me new things and encouraging me to do my best!

The work schedule is super flexible, which great for me as a parent! I never worry about missing out on an event or school conference!

Workplace Culture and the CORE Values are huge at Becker Furniture World. The company does a great job of sticking to them, and makes a point to not only better their employees, but better the community as well!
Pros
Excellent Benefits Package, Ample Vacation, Great Management
Cons
Many schedules are retail based.
Good Starting Point Great Product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 13, 2017
I learned how to sell furniture The hardest part of the job was to deal with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers. Sales driven environment where I was expected to greet and interact with potential customers on a daily basis. Goals are a little high. They are flexible with your weekly hours.
Pros
Good people
Cons
flexible with your hours
Slow environment, be good at keeping busy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 8, 2017
Typical day is sitting around waiting for people to come in, in the meantime study product and cleaning can always be done. This is the hardest part, Staying busy and positive.
Pros
Fun learning experience, meet different people, relationship sales building, training can be slow
Cons
little advancement, shady sales people, competitive in a bad way at times, only 3 holidays off a year, work all weekends, slow, very little to do most of the time
furniture
Furniture Assembler (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNApril 10, 2017
Pretty relaxed job the pace isn't over the top and get to work and assemble a variety of furniture. Fair amount of heavy lifting but you control your pace.
Prepping
Prepping Lead (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Prepped and built furniture for customers. I managed approx. 5 people on a daily basis. I coordinated with trash, plastic and foam pick up to keep the warehouse running smoothly.
Enjoyed my job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNDecember 26, 2016
I worked with the Repair Technicians, by ordering the parts that they needed. Constant contact with all the Furniture Vendors.

Also, helped out in the Customer Service Area, following up with the customers on the type of service that they received and also if they had any problems.
Pros
Nice discount packages for the employees
Cons
Health benefits weren't that good when I was there.
Fun job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNOctober 9, 2016
super fun job, great way to gain experience. also a great job for an innovative mind. very big on safety, lots of machinery that can injure those who are not careful
Great Job, Great way to gain experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNOctober 9, 2016
Very fun, teamwork, and rewarding job. A young environment, with men who strive to achieve the same goals. As long as you do your best you will be fine!
Good Fast Paced Job
Warehouse Prep (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNApril 24, 2016
Good Fast Paced Job of preparing furniture for delivery. Excellent people to work with and a fantastic boss. Not alot of advancement but a solid company overall.
Sales goal-driven environment.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 2, 2016
It was a Sales goal-driven environment where I was expected to greet and interact with potential customers on a daily basis.

I learned that it came very easy for me to sell our "Montage" Protection Plan to my clients.

I felt as though management was unfair at times as well as inappropriate.

The hardest part of my job was hitting unrealistic goals and if you did not hit your goal, then the amount you missed by was then deducted from your paycheck. From an entrepreneurial stand-point, this was a brilliant idea, but from a Sales / Design Consultant's stand-point, this seemed unfair and that all our of hard work was for nothing.
Cons
The pay structure