Becker Furniture World Employee Reviews

Run save yourself! Employee are disposable... (abuse...Over the top)
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MN undisclosedOctober 7, 2018
The only saving grace for working her is the other employees. If you are a good salesperson like I was and made money for Becker Furniture World they worked you into the ground. No lunch breaks and breaks to go to the restroom, You had to beg to go. When employees were let go the manager would the take the sales that you would have gotten commission on after you leave. The once gone the managers would rewrite the order and give commission away to other sales associates so the numbers would look better. this happened to 39 sales associates during my time with the company. Again managers were sad to say the least. Managers will hire employees that have no business in a sales position that is paid by commission. I think it might be for fear that they will be replaced by someone that might be good at what they do. Two of my mangers would actually cry about her job. (One replaced the other) Undue stress from upper management. Rough to see!
Pros
compensation good
Cons
Managers were not good the were promoted because they applied.
Working for BFW
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Becker, MNSeptember 14, 2018
This is a company that is family based, although a very large company competing with corporate owned retailers. Unfortunately, the reality of the job is that it IS your life.
Pros
Time off
Cons
LOTS of hours, little compensation (commission)
Lack of teamwork
Sales Associate/Sleep Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 17, 2018
The company does not look out for there employees. There draw system is like stealing from the sales team. No matter how hard you work you don't get the credit you deserve.
Pros
Loved helping people
Cons
Selfish company
good place to learn & grow
Design Cons/Sales Lead/Asst Store Mgr/Store Mgr (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove & BeckerJune 18, 2018
Staff was great to work with. Departments worked well to coordinate efforts to achieve overall goals. Great environment to learn many different skills. Customers appreciated assistance. General goals partnered to promote customer & staff satisfaction. Company seeks to give good value, strong education about products & wide variety of design choices.
Pros
staff, product lines, company policies
fast paced environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 25, 2018
fast paced work environment i learned proper leadership management corrects flaws so you can learn from them and find solutions to correct mistakes hardest part is you're on your feel al day and work weekends that could have you working 12 hours on a saturday
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 18, 2018
A typical day started with a morning meeting to discuss numbers and go over any upcoming sales/events. From there you would wait for customers to come in, and, when they did, utilizing their UP app system, you would greet your customer and work with them for the duration of their stay. Learned some useful things about furniture while there, but you shouldn't expect much longevity as far as a career here goes. Depending on your location, it can be tough to make your numbers, and if you don't consistently make them, they'll let you go.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, learn a bit about the furniture industry.
Cons
Management, not much advancement as far as career opportunity goes
Very poor life balance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNMay 8, 2018
I’ll will be surprised if this company will last for another five years. Family owned but if you have a family and in sales there’s no way to balance. Very poor district manager.
Official response from Becker Furniture World
May 16, 2018

We are very sorry to hear that work/life balance was difficult for you in your position. Becker is constantly striving to to improve the experience of our customer and associate. We are currently working on ways to help better manager this balance for associates. We are excited for what the future brings!
While we are confident that we will be around for many years to come, and therefore respectfully disagree with your initial prediction, we do thank you for sharing your experience, and helping us to address concerns.

I only worked there for a month.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNMay 5, 2018
This job was only temporary for me. I needed a place to work in between more stable employment. My work experience was a positive one. My job was very physical. After dealing with heavy product I was worn out at the end of my shifts.
Positive Environment with nice and funny people
Becker -Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNApril 20, 2018
Loved working with everyone. When helping others, staying positive can really help their relationship back with yours here. Let other workers know how you feel and if you feel confused, they are willing to help.
Official response from Becker Furniture World
May 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your positive and constructive feedback!

Low stress environment with friendly coworkers.
Corporate office Associate (Current Employee) –  Warehouse and Distributions CenterFebruary 1, 2018
Every day is pretty consistent. I've never come in to a day yet where I feel tension or there is a frantic tone to the day. My individual manager is engaged in my training and concerned with making sure I have a work life balance. It seems in general like the management team is willing to chip in and stays on top of everyone's needs.

The hardest part of my job.....when new things come up that I haven't encountered, figuring out which resources to use.

My role is very self-driven. Quiet and satisfying.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
A little bit sedintary
Very stressful and competitive work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 18, 2017
Very little training, I had to basically teach myself or ask other sales associates for help. I had to work every weekend, I had no family or recreation time.

All sales associates were competing for the highest sales every day, it was very stressful.

I loved helping the customers but at times you had to input so much data into the computer as the customer was waiting for you.
Meh.
Sales and Design (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2017
It all depends on your manager. Co-workers are great, but much is out of the sales person's control, yet they are held responsible. Customer service for issues leaves MUCH to be desired, and can cause hard-won sales to get cancelled. There are "mandatory" repetitive trainings, even on your days off. Training is largely supported by co-workers kind enough to lend a hand. You MUST have a thick skin and be proactive to get comfortable. If you can sell, all is good. If you have a string of "off days" you WILL feel the pressure.
Loved management. Didn’t love hours or pay
Sales Lead Associate and Interior Design (Former Employee) –  BlaineNovember 1, 2017
Good management, good training. Horrible hours you work very long days. On a draw system for pay. It sucks. You can make good money sometimes. Watch your pay and bonuses closely! If you even get a bonus, they take it for draw. Loved working with customer and furniture just wasn’t worth everything else that sucked about the company.
Pros
Ability to design
Cons
Pay structure, hours
Fun place to work
Sales and Design Specialist (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNOctober 2, 2017
Very fun place to work. Opportunity for making good money. Would recommend to others as a place to work if you like sales and a wide variety of design in your environment.
My best experience was great coworkers.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoy assisting the customer with their design goals. However, it is a workplace culture that caters to the young employees providing sale opportunities that the older employees are denied.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Employees are not treated fairly.
They have a ton of options
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Management has always been poor there. People hired though generally created a great working dynamic. The company does offer a lot of product, so you can appeal to a broad dempgraphic.
Great Company Culture-Flexible Schedule-Awesome Management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Becker, MNSeptember 14, 2017
BFW has been a great place to work! I wake up every morning excited to come into the office and get started!

My manager is the BEST! She is continually teaching me new things and encouraging me to do my best!

The work schedule is super flexible, which great for me as a parent! I never worry about missing out on an event or school conference!

Workplace Culture and the CORE Values are huge at Becker Furniture World. The company does a great job of sticking to them, and makes a point to not only better their employees, but better the community as well!
Pros
Excellent Benefits Package, Ample Vacation, Great Management
Cons
Many schedules are retail based.
Good Starting Point Great Product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 13, 2017
I learned how to sell furniture The hardest part of the job was to deal with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers. Sales driven environment where I was expected to greet and interact with potential customers on a daily basis. Goals are a little high. They are flexible with your weekly hours.
Pros
Good people
Cons
flexible with your hours
Slow environment, be good at keeping busy.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 8, 2017
Typical day is sitting around waiting for people to come in, in the meantime study product and cleaning can always be done. This is the hardest part, Staying busy and positive.
Pros
Fun learning experience, meet different people, relationship sales building, training can be slow
Cons
little advancement, shady sales people, competitive in a bad way at times, only 3 holidays off a year, work all weekends, slow, very little to do most of the time
furniture
Furniture Assembler (Former Employee) –  Becker, MNApril 10, 2017
Pretty relaxed job the pace isn't over the top and get to work and assemble a variety of furniture. Fair amount of heavy lifting but you control your pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becker Furniture World. Our community is ready to answer.