Becket Family of Services Employee Reviews

Job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  LakevilleNovember 7, 2019
This company is absolutely awful to work for. There is no room for growth unless, you are the teachers pet them you'll get away with everything. If you want a job to slack off and the upper management to applaud you, this is the job for you. Management is the worst I've ever experienced in my entire life. If you want a job to fully engulf your life into a black hole, then good luck to you
work environment can get hectic
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Templeton, MAOctober 27, 2019
We mainly have a relaxed work environment, the only time it gets hard or really stressful is when the guys have to be restrained. other than that we usually hang out with them and take them to do ADL's
Great work environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, NHOctober 14, 2019
Great work environment. Money is not the best but its competitive. Schedule is not the best but management is great to work with. Positive team with lots of employee appreciation.
Great team work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MAOctober 13, 2019
gives opportunity to get certifications
work with a great team
Has good management
Good environment
Teaches patience
Budgeting
Household management
move up in company oppurtunity
Great Colleagues; Rewarding Job
Permanency Coach (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAOctober 1, 2019
Everyone I worked with at Becket was welcoming, supportive, and helpful in developing my career. The company culture was fantastic. I had a great experience and would recommend this position to anyone looking to get into the social work field.
Great place to work!
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MASeptember 28, 2019
Great atmosphere
Great team dynamic
Relax paced job
This job is a complete fit for me. I can balance both work and home life. Nice relaxed pace as well.
it was okay
Tamworth-Residential Support (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, NHSeptember 3, 2019
Good people, good boss. cant complain to much. they do overwork you though, and managment is pretty scatterbrained besides my program manager, she was awesome
Lack of leadership and no vision.
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NHAugust 25, 2019
Management and the staff does not have a clue on how to run or manage a child service facility. I worked at their facility in Hampton, NH and it by far has to the worse place i ever worked. They are under staff and staff are over worked. The staff is not qualified or trained to work with at-risk kids. They will hire anyone who has a pulse that want a job. They clients are the ones who suffer the most, because they get nothing staff or management that can help them to become better people. Clients leave with the same mess they come in the door with. Becket Family services of Hampton, NH (aka) Mount Prospect Academy is the worse facility I've been associated with. Beware of this place, it will suck the life out of you if you work there.
Lot's of personal growth.
I've worked in two of their programs and have only good things to say about the professionalism that I've personally experienced. The management has been really good to me and I continue to say that this is the best company I've ever worked for. It's not always easy work, but it's worthwhile work and although I'm doing something different now, I will miss my work family. ❤️
The house I worked at started off relaxed
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Leicester, MAAugust 23, 2019
I would go in at 7am and get the individuals up to take their medications, eat breakfast, do hygiene and get ready to leave for Program. I would transport the individuals to and from the Programs they attended. I would then go back to the house and teach another individual about living independently.
Chaos and bad upper management
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAAugust 8, 2019
Client's were difficult at times but it was tolerable. The chaos came from lack of leadership and poor upper management. This created a high turnover
Fantastic Place to Work and Make a Difference
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MEAugust 5, 2019
If you enjoy helping kids in the community, Becket Family of Services is a wonderful opportunity. Management was phenomenal during my employment, everyone was supportive and helpful. The job was fun and the hours were relatively flexible. The only drawback was the pay rate, which wasn't great, but is one of the highest in the area for this type of work. However there are many opportunities for overtime and advancement. Even twelve hours shifts at Becket flew by in a flash.
Poor management
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Silver Lake, NHJuly 26, 2019
The management they have here is not what i had expected. You expect a very professional work environment, respectful people, and what you will see are people who clearly dislike their job. You will see drama and things being said about others behind their backs, not limiting the program manager. You will notice it is more like a highschool in some ways where the staff are always starting drama between each other and the program manager fueling it with things such as: giving performance information to other staff, false information, personal information, and complaining about other staff to their employees. Embarrassing to work there but the clients are the only reason you are there.
Pros
Good to learn life lessons.
Cons
Read the summary.
Good work environment under the right management.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, NHJuly 10, 2019
Under the right manager the work environment was nice, but when you got a manager that was not honest and did not care about their employees it was difficult. The company as a whole does not seem to care a lot about the employees, especially the devoted ones. When I left, I did not feel as if it was a loss at all even though I had given everything I had to the company.
No dedication to employees
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJuly 7, 2019
Was let go after program director was told I was supposedly smoking cigarettes during client transports, however the date in question of the supposed accusation, I did not work, and the company’s schedule and payroll system can prove so.
Enjoyed my job
Residential support staff per diem (Former Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEJuly 5, 2019
Great job. Enjoyed working with the young men. The building (house) was in a beautiful spot, very serene. Always had nice activities for the residents.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Dont want to speak about cons.
The definition of “Isolation”
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Wilbraham, MAJune 19, 2019
While I worked here, I noticed that they allow certain groups of people to thrive. The kind that show up late and leave early, abandon their shift, or simply do not show up at all forcing you to work their shift. The problem with this is, they never get fired. You’re stuck, and no one cares about your family, you will get stuck working 18hrs or more per day simply because another adult cannot be responsible.

Lack of communication:

Have you ever worked in a job where no one would speak to you? Or if they did, it was simply to demand that you pick up a shift no one wants? Look no further, this place has what you need. No one will show you have to document shifts, so you will need to be able to learn fast. And upper management will talk down to you, so be sure to have thick skin.

Environment:

It would be easier to panhandle. Your team (if you can call them that) will constantly put you down, pawn work off on you. And treat you like a client. When you get into restraints be ready for a fight, because sometimes no one will step in to assist you. Also, you’re a mandated reporter. It shouldn’t be hard to fulfill this obligation, but it is. If you file a dppc, the company will retaliate (even though regulations say companies can’t). You will be placed on unpaid leave, and fired. Though you’ll never be told you’re fired, you will just have to wait a few weeks for the final check with a pink slip. And they also hire abusive people, if someone hits a client the company might simply transfer them to another house instead of firing them. And will also tell DDS they had no clue
  more... said employee was abusive.

The only plus side is the families, they’re amazing people with hearts of gold whom simply want the best for their children. Sadly though, the company simply doesn’t care about them. Nor it’s own employees.

Look for a different job, or apply at a temp agency. Even temporary employees have more rights.
Pros
You are forced to learn self defense
Cons
Everything else
Supportive and growing company
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Becket Adult Services MAJune 19, 2019
I have had the pleasure of working for Becket MA for the past 2 years. It has been challenging and rewarding to see our teams and the individuals we support, grow and strengthen. Current leadership has been supportive and listened to feedback from every employee, making structure changes to meet the needs of our employees and individuals we support. Leadership recognizes the hard work of each employee, providing compassion and support. Each employee in the region fulfilling support roles, are available and ready to help when called upon. Truly an amazing team to work with.
Pros
Open door policy, mission and values, growth and training opportunities
Must care about people
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJune 18, 2019
Working for this company will take someone who cares about people truly and not afraid to deal with difficult situation. Someone who will not take everything that is said as a personal attack.
run far away
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  MaineJune 11, 2019
This is not the place to be if you want to go into mental health or healthcare. The way things are ran isn’t reflective of what a work place should be, let alone healthcare. Staff is constantly quitting and being fired because fellow staff will backstab and gossip about each other. The hours may exceed 18hrs a day, and the rules for both employees and clients are ridiculous. Most staff are young, catty, and unprofessional. There’s no consistency in the rules, and management is just as, if not more cliquey as the 20 year old staff members. There’s absolutely no real training, and many of the staff aren’t even certified for restraints or cpr certified. The “team leads” fuel drama within the company, and if you’re not in good graces with them, they will ensure that you are fired.
The “trainings” are a joke, and don’t really prepare or help you with anything close to what it’s actually like.
If the house directors like you, you will get away with almost anything. I have witnessed staff openly gossiping about other staff members in front of clients, and no one batting an eye. Staff is disposable to management and will fire over everything and anything, ESPECIALLY if you don’t “fit in”. Run as far and fast as you can from this dumpster fire.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Absolutely everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becket Family of Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight