Becket Family of Services Employee Review

View all Becket Family of Services reviews

The definition of “Isolation”
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Wilbraham, MAJune 19, 2019
While I worked here, I noticed that they allow certain groups of people to thrive. The kind that show up late and leave early, abandon their shift, or simply do not show up at all forcing you to work their shift. The problem with this is, they never get fired. You’re stuck, and no one cares about your family, you will get stuck working 18hrs or more per day simply because another adult cannot be responsible.

Lack of communication:

Have you ever worked in a job where no one would speak to you? Or if they did, it was simply to demand that you pick up a shift no one wants? Look no further, this place has what you need. No one will show you have to document shifts, so you will need to be able to learn fast. And upper management will talk down to you, so be sure to have thick skin.

Environment:

It would be easier to panhandle. Your team (if you can call them that) will constantly put you down, pawn work off on you. And treat you like a client. When you get into restraints be ready for a fight, because sometimes no one will step in to assist you. Also, you’re a mandated reporter. It shouldn’t be hard to fulfill this obligation, but it is. If you file a dppc, the company will retaliate (even though regulations say companies can’t). You will be placed on unpaid leave, and fired. Though you’ll never be told you’re fired, you will just have to wait a few weeks for the final check with a pink slip. And they also hire abusive people, if someone hits a client the company might simply transfer them to another house instead of firing them. And will also tell DDS they had no clue
  more... said employee was abusive.

The only plus side is the families, they’re amazing people with hearts of gold whom simply want the best for their children. Sadly though, the company simply doesn’t care about them. Nor it’s own employees.

Look for a different job, or apply at a temp agency. Even temporary employees have more rights.
Pros
You are forced to learn self defense
Cons
Everything else

Other Becket Family of Services Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
YOUTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Campton, NHNovember 23, 2019
Troubled youth is the perfect opportunity to make a difference. That's exactly what Beckett did for me, gave me a chance to make a difference. To this day, this job aiding in my career goals.
Good place to work, great to start with this company if it’s your first time seeking a job in the DSP field
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Unity, MENovember 17, 2019
Beckit Family is a good place that stepped me through getting my certifications All the staff were friendly and helpful from start to finish. I am a shared living provider, I am looking to take on and branch out and be hired to receive another client around the same age as my client that needs a DSP that would like to spend time with my client and become buds ,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Becket Family of Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight