Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Potential to be a great place to work but management management and culture fall flat.
Manufacturing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJanuary 10, 2019
The work itself isn't bad I enjoyed my work. Paperwork, Kaizen's, inventory control, inspection. I learned a lot of new skills and developed as a leader. Management needs a lot of room for improvement. Poor management created a lot of uncertainty on the floor and created undesirable workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was to work for management who did not understand how to manage. The work itself is enjoyable and working with my coworkers was enjoyable.
Pros
Technical work, fast-paced, fun place to work.
Cons
Poor management, not enough pay.
Take the good with the bad
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2018
It is a sales position and you do work from home. however, you are micromanaged to the point where you would be better off being in an office with a desk right next to your manager so they can tell you exactly what to do instead of directing you over the phone.

Good benefits.

Dysfunctional team dynamic.
Just okay; as of 2011 when I left there were a lot of temps
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 17, 2018
I didn't really appreciate how it seemed the corporation's tendency was to rotate through the temporary employees. A good majority of the workplace was temporary work force; I was as well, for over a year and a half, I believe.
Productive and friendly work environment that promoted teamwork
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 10, 2018
My tenure at Beckman Coulter played a crucial part my career development and my skills as an engineer and a project manager. Management encouraged manufacturing engineers to "treat your areas as a proprietorship". There were a lot of opportunities for work skill development through job and available training classes.
Pros
Good teamwork and work environment and close to home.
Cons
New corporate ownership slowly changed work environment
Absolutely awful place to work
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 7, 2018
Seven days a week. Twelve hour days. Horrible supervisors. Low pay. Completely understaffed. Little to no advancement opportunities. I would not suggest this job to my worst enemy.
Cons
workload not in line with satisfying our customers or developing employees
Diagnostic Field Service District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2018
Customers often took a back seat to financial concerns. As a manager I spent more time looking at data then I did in front of direct reports and customers. I also spent ridiculous amounts of time on conference calls almost daily.
Not Bad
Sr. Clinical Engineer (Current Employee) –  North West AmericaDecember 1, 2018
Good place to work, but too much stress and they cycle through management so fast that you have very little chance of career advancement. Adding more test just so I can move on in this survey
It’s was fun to work at Beckman-Coulter. Learned different things every days and takes some challenges.
Technician Instrument assembler (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CANovember 28, 2018
Every day come on time to work with positive thoughts and try to learn new techniques,get along with my coworkers, have communication with your Supervisor.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturday
Cons
Health care
Former Senior Accounting Coordinator
Senior Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 27, 2018
I worked at Beckman Coulter (More than 10 years). Management is bad bad bad. Lots of changes from the time Danaher bought Beckman. The changes are not for employees. Los of layers in management. like leads, senior leads, supervisor, manager and senior manager and 2 workers. The management is focused on who likes to talk/ cheat chat more than to how is working hard. No space for growth. Low salary.
Pros
good vacation time
Cons
Management is bad, No opportunity for growth, system is not utilized, not allow to take more than 2 weeks vacation
National Automation Team Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 16, 2018
Overall I learned a lot at this company. Unfortunately they prefer to pay new employees more than the ones who move up the ladder. I was training new employees to do my job and they were making $4/hr more than me.
Pros
secure job
Cons
not very good raises

Want to know more about Beckman Coulter, Inc.?

Ask a question
The location is very good.
Staff Quality Assurance Scientist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2018
There is no life/ work balance. Once an employee is laid off it hardly gets rehired, an employees who have been laid off even if this occurred because a company re-structure rarely gets rehired even if they have the experience and the knowledge of the job position.
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
There is no life/ work balance
Employees are not treated fairly
Senior Labeling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 12, 2018
For the department I worked for there are half of the people waiting to retire and they don't want to advance. That makes people who want to advance take more job and not be able to grow because all the higher level positions are occupied by those seniors. After working there for 10 years and was told the performance evaluation has to be bell curved and rotate between the members, why would l stay if no matter how much more I do I only get the unfair rate and raise?!
Very challenging and competitive
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 7, 2018
While I have been working for this company for the last years I have learned allot and it has helped me develop myself to be ready for a management type role. The management works with you to help you reach your goals.
Good company culture
Sr. Technician R&D - Quality Assurance/Validation (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2018
The work environment was positive. Leadership was nice to employee and friendly working atmosphere.
There was no job security and always employees were worry about their jobs.
Allot of Turn around
Sales Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 2, 2018
Number driven, only open to Beckman mindset. Matrix driven. Lots of pointless meetings you must attend. People are friendly, cafeteria food is good. Nice co-workers
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Too many meetings
Very relax place to work
Customer service support and field operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 1, 2018
Management at this company is excellent they always trying for you to learn new skills. co workers are very friendly and helpful to work as a team.Also they have great opportunities to growth and relocate.
Faced-paced, exciting place to work
Area Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2018
Faced-paced, exciting place to work that offers excellent pay and employee benefits. Career growth and opportunities for growth is a focus for associates. Continuous improvement is built into the culture.
Data driven
Sr Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 29, 2018
Now that Beckman Coulter is part of Danaher, it is a data driven organization which has been a good change. Money has also been poured into the product pipeline which previously suffered.
A good start
Associate Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNOctober 25, 2018
First job out of college. Great Pay, but a corporate life. Typical day consisted of taking numerous phone calls to fix clients instruments and Quality controls. Management is strict but fair. Most of the jobs utilize cubicles and some lab time. Hardest part of the job is to fix an instrument in a short timely manner while having the client do the hands on over the phone. Many clients have poor English skills which can cause for confusion at times. Most enjoyable parts would be the sense of accomplishment from each jobs resolution, and the compensation.
Pros
Gym, weight-room, Nice cafeteria
Cons
short breaks for the amount of walking it takes to get to your vehicle.
Enjoy working there
Production technician (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 23, 2018
Like every other job it has it's good time and bad times. But we still got productions out to customers . Did some cross train. Joy working with different personnel. Management was supported. Team work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight