Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Solid Biomedical company
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNMay 14, 2018
- Standard corporate office culture
- Efficiently run organization relative to size
- Slow development cycles (5-10yrs)
- Great Chaska location on Lake Hazeltine
Lead
Lead person (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2018
I like this job a lot just feel that I could not move up in Life, I was the Lead bujt they was not moving anyone up to a higher position like na supervisor, so I move on
Innovation when possible.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 7, 2018
Beckman Coulter have the top minds working at their Loveland design center. I have worked on numerous projects where the they push how far their technology can do. I have seen amazing products come out from there.
Great hours, overtime if needed
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  KYApril 28, 2018
Worked there 10 years has great benefits, enjoy my job, laid-back place to work, every quarter they have a fun day for employees you vote on what your fun day will be, enjoyed working there should have stayed.
Pros
Great benefits .
Cons
Some heavy lifting.
Nice associates to work with
Sr. Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2018
I learned how to be a quality inspector. We used typical inspection gauges to do our work. facility is very clean. They are big on kaizen events to make improvements.
Nice place to work
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
I liked my time there. The company closed its Webster office and moved and I did not want to leave where I lived. Too bad since I really liked it there.
Typical work day
Advanced Field Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2018
Beckman Coulter is a great company to work for they are fast paced, highly engaged, offer great benefits. The only down side is not much room for growth.
Hard working place environment, productivity is a must
Switchboard Operator/Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 16, 2018
Each month they have commission, incentive work habit. Then on quarterly basis the productivity. Although everyone receives their bonus it also contributes to the company's growing method as well.
Pros
Free al day brunch during end of the month productivity work day
Cons
Temporary contract basis only
Medical Device production line
Engineering Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 7, 2018
Incompetent manager and supervisor who do not understand function the job, and how to manage their employee. Very bias how they treat people of color.
Good company to work for...wish I was there longer.
Senior Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAApril 4, 2018
Work day is none stressful...worked at my own pace. Good management team with a good culture.

Hardest part of my job was managing the production schedule and most enjoyable was the people that I work with.

Overall, Beckman was a good company to work for...I'd learned quick a bit while I was there (i.e. implementation of LEAN).
It was very nice place to work and I will like the place verry much.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 2, 2018
It was very nice place and the manager was great and helpful. The place that I work was very nice place and I feel that I got a lot of knowledge that I learned from there. Also, I got from there a lot of skills that I learned while I was working there.
ok company to work for
Associate Technician Instrument Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNApril 2, 2018
One reason i like about beckman is that it Monday to Thursday. They don't have dress code. also they very lay back. People working there are very nice
Pros
4 week a year on vacation
Busy and Great Staff
CSR Logistics (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYApril 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Beckman Coulter, it does have a freezer section, which I did not work in. The pay was great, the hours were great. I would definitely suggest to anyone.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Freezer work
Beckman
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 1, 2018
Good employer in the sense that it compensates employees well and invests in them majorly. However management is not great, favorism exists in most teams.
Pros
Benefits, compensation salary and comission, education for employess
Cons
Favorism, weak management
Heavy travel little room for advancement
Genetic Analysis Customer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 28, 2018
Beckman-Coulter offered a wonderful opportunity to utilize skill sets in Molecular Biology in a Customer driven environment. Travel was difficult. Exposure to the sciences offset travel. The amount of travel was not worth the compensation.
Challenging culture
Senior Manager, Quality Assurance Engineering (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2018
My assignment as a Senior Manager included Quality Assurance and Regulatory activities focused on the Information Management products that integrated with the blood analyzers. This required a working knowledge of all products in the portfolio and negotiations with various levels of management to reach goals. The culture is one of continuous improvement and driving costs down which was the most difficult part of the job. Many times regulatory issues override cost savings and had to be justified. The people at BEC are dedicated and are loyal to each other which made it a good place to work.
Pros
International travel
Cons
Long work hours
great productivity
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2018
always early to work and ready to do my assigned task. i also learnt to be fast and accurate. make sure i always save time to review my job and make sure its right.
A long career.
Senior Maint. Mechanic, Plant Engineering (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 15, 2018
Over time, and after the company was sold several times, it became obvious that the maintenance department was going to be outsourced.

I learned a great deal working with Beckman, and the most difficult part of the job was realizing it was going to end.

I enjoyed working there for over 30 years. I had many opportunities over time to be involved with different departments on a variety of projects. I was encouraged to, and took advantage of, any learning opportunity I was offered.
Pros
Good working environment with a variety of responsibilities.
Cons
My department was outsourced, and my job was terminated.
Temp
Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2018
nothing to say. it was a temp job, that i excelled at, and they wouldn't offer a permanent position. Looked great, once you were in. Today's society allows companies to do that.
Most balanced workload pleasant work environment
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for Beckman Coulter. I had constant assignments, enough to keep me busy, but never so much that I couldn't manage workload. The only reason I left them was that they had announced they were going to have a layoff and I needed to work so I found a better paying job.
Pros
Pleasant, professional work environment
Cons
Lower pay than I was used to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight