Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Company & Benefits
DISPATCH COORNINATOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2018
Loved working here it was a fun place to work, everyone was really friendly i had great benefits we always had paid training it was really just fantastic.
Pros
Paid training, paid vacation, in house cafeteria
productive workplace
Product Builder II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2018
Good Job. The manager was really good and the trainings too. The team fine and the co workers was working great. The trainings really good and easy to understand.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
breaks
corporate management is excellent and supportive
Maintenance and Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAOctober 9, 2018
Local plant management ( plant manager) was micromanager, berates and blames lack of production on employees. manages through fear. lacks basic leadership abilities. Suspect bi-polar.
Awesome work place
Assistant to tax department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 5, 2018
My experience at Beckman was nothing but a positive and helpful one. Everyone was on the job and very professional. This job really helped me work with others and enhanced my communication skills among peers and superiors.
ok place to learn
Senior Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNOctober 2, 2018
coworkers don't really like helping you something about them thinking its job security.
didn't learn much other than what they were making
management was not really existent
only thing enjoyable was that I like building things
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
no real help
Fairly decent place to work depends on the department
Senior Reagent Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 1, 2018
Fairly decent place to work depends on the department. They offer annual bonuses based on performance basis. There is much to learn in various department if the opportunity becomes available.
Very loyal and dedicated work force and with management that appreciates their work and input.
Production and Packaging Scheduler/Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CASeptember 28, 2018
Nice place to work demonstrated by a large number of long time employees (up to 40 years with the company). Had no plans of leaving. Factory closing was only reason I didn't continue working for company, not a desire to go somewhere else.
Pros
Family atmosphere among all employees was very positive.
Cons
Too rigid and slow to change some inefficient practices, even when it was clear they didn't serve much a purpose.
A great place to work for talented & motivated professionals.
Field Application Scientist, Flow Cytometry (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Beckman Coulter provided an opportunity for me to provide professional services and develop a successful career in R&D to Global Application & instrument Support. The length of this relationship allowed me to contribute, grow, and fine- tune my technical & professional skills in business, Quality, Regulatory, marketing & Sales.

A great place to work.
Pros
Great team of professionals
Cons
Interesting projects
Cutthroat,Rude co-workers.
Warehouse Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYSeptember 26, 2018
Worked there less than a month before my assignment ended abruptly. The department I was in could not keep enough employees. They were constantly hiring in new Beckman Coulter employees. Where I was working, the company needs to clean house of 90% of there staff.
Rude, nasty people.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat. Rude co-workers
Beckman-Coulter was a great place to work, especially in customer service in Brea, with a great bunch of people to work with.
Customer Service Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 20, 2018
I have not worked at Beckman-Coulter for over 10 years, but when I did it was an excellent place to work. I started working in the warehouse and quickly advanced myself into the customer service department in Brea for the remainder of the time I worked there and worked with a great bunch of people.
long, steady paced, independent work area
Quality Inspector/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2018
Your typical day a Beckmon Coultor started at 6:30 pm and ended at 7:00 am. Each employed was in charge of operating multiple machines for the entire night. You were left on your own with a supervisor close by if you needed any help or your machine went down. It was a steady paced and sometimes could be boring so bring your headphones to listen to music. The quality department was very detailed and you had to pay close attention to all of your samples. You had to test them in many different devices to complete a full quality inspection including entering all your data in the computer. The management was awesome and was always there to help if you needed him to. The hardest part about this job was making sure the sample test were accurate before allowing the entire shipment leave the building.
Pros
the independence, location, the people
Cons
the hours
Beckman Coulter
Sr Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 19, 2018
No comment, sorry about that. Not advisable. I choose not to publish my review at this time. I prefer not to comment on their inept department management.
Pros
Profit sharing; company stock purchases
Cons
Elimination of their mainframe
Molds you to the Industry Standard in Manufacturing Engineering
Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Helped me understand to drive daily standard work as a Manufacturing Engineer: this may range from conducting non-conforming investigations (MRs) to pushing Change Notices (CNs).
At Beckman you have to be a production machine
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2018
This company offers zero work-life balance. They have a culture of constantly laying off workers and squeezing down on the remaining employees. Work-life balance questions were removed from the annual employee survey, which is supposed to be voluntary, but everyone is pressured to complete, or else. Employees are required to grade themselves, and no one is expected to grade themselves as more than average.The pay is adequate, but the way they treat their employees makes this an undesirable place to be.
Pros
pay
Cons
company culture, non-existent work-life balance, bullying from management
Morale is at an all time low
Hourly Employee (Current Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 7, 2018
The managers do not know how to properly manage their employees. This was a very good place to work 10 years ago, but recently, after the last round of layoffs, nobody really cares anymore. Just going about the motions.
Would never work for them again
Production Scientist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Not a good team to work with. Extremely insular and promotion was based on friendship with managers and not how well a person worked. There was no structure or leadership and a lot of turnover and you never knew when the company name would change because it was something else by the time I left.
Very relaxed and positive atnosphere
Clerk/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 5, 2018
The work load always kept me on my toes, but never too much to the point where it was exhausting. The other staff members were always very kind and helpful. No complaints.
User friendly and open door work environment
Contract - Senior Quality/Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2018
A very good opportunity provided for consulting role. I was involved with gap analysis, validation project. I have performed my task with very aggressive timeline in order to prepare for FDA audit. The most enjoyable part of my job implementing revised work instructions and training to production group. The hardest part of my job was to schedule equipment validation and qualification due to equipment availability issues.
Pros
Excellent facility
Cons
due to aggressive timeline, worked longer hours to complete the task
project manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 30, 2018
I was in charge for the new product release that was related with multiple department functioning to ensure all area is cover before the product initial release to the production.
Interesting field of engineering in the medical industry, good benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2018
There is definitely room for improvement. Depending on the site that you work for, you'll find different cultures. Sites with poor excellence culture are driven mostly by managers who are out of touch with current technology trends and try to always play safe. There is a marked emphasis on prioritizing hiring in overseas groups. Engineering teams are mostly understaffed and geographically spread. As a consequence, there are very little resources available to develop the teams knowledge beyond what is needed for the current, high pressure project. Emphasis is on getting the product out, not on developing the teams for the future. There have been many reorgs to the point of hindering the team's ability to operate effectively.
Pros
Interesting domain, good benefits
Cons
Not pushing the boundaries, playing safe, constant reorgs and structural changes, under staffed teams

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beckman Coulter, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight